Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #2171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
I have to grin at all those analog gauges and switches over the cab Looks like the Navigator/Engineer seat in a DC-8!
Yes it real does. I just love all those gauges. I always have them lit up at night. They have an orange glow that looks so cool

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
Bootjack---that looks great, they did a great job on the outside. Is that paint and decals? I wish my 90 looked that nice. Also, nice tub!
The base is Gelcoat and the stripes are paint. Its far from perfect once your up close but I don't mind a few battle scars lol

Old 09-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #2173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
Just a short question and BTW that is a Great Looking Rig, Did or does it have Air Ride?
Yes it has two bags per wheel.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #2174

1999 Damon Challenger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1472925005680.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	137999  
Old 09-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #2175

This is Jane with Miss Piggy in tow.

Jane is a 93 Winnebago Vectra 35 diesel pusher that we just purchased. Miss Piggy is a 94 Casita Liberty we've had for a couple of years.

This photo was taken in Haskell Texas on our way to Camp Verde Arizona from our home in Wylie Texas. My ninety year old father has just given up his drivers license along with his old motor home and toad. So we see Miss Piggy as the father's apartment when we're off grid in the mountains.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	138049  
Old 09-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #2176

Vintage RV Owners Club
beautuful old RV. i too have older 92 mechanical Cummins mechanical engine. easier to work on.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 AM   #2177

Hello from Dan,
what transmission does your Vectra have in it ??
( 4 sp- 6 sp ? )
and is yours the 5.9 with the P7100 injector pump??
Does your have the dinette or table and chairs ?
How well does your house AC work ?

Thanks Dan.
kb7uxe.
ps wonderful paint !! love the contrast. makes it look like a new rig !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
This is Jane with Miss Piggy in tow.

Jane is a 93 Winnebago Vectra 35 diesel pusher that we just purchased. Miss Piggy is a 94 Casita Liberty we've had for a couple of years.

This photo was taken in Haskell Texas on our way to Camp Verde Arizona from our home in Wylie Texas. My ninety year old father has just given up his drivers license along with his old motor home and toad. So we see Miss Piggy as the father's apartment when we're off grid in the mountains.
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7uxe View Post
Hello from Dan,
what transmission does your Vectra have in it ??
( 4 sp- 6 sp ? )
and is yours the 5.9 with the P7100 injector pump??
Does your have the dinette or table and chairs ?
How well does your house AC work ?

Thanks Dan.
kb7uxe.
ps wonderful paint !! love the contrast. makes it look like a new rig !
Jane is a 93 Vectra 35 PQ with the six speed, table and chairs, house a/c works just fine, and the paint combo was done by the previous owner who had her 18 years. I don't know what injector pump it has. But I imagine that in a couple of weeks I will know all about the motor.

My big issue with the body is the ABS panels on the bottom have lost their adhesion to the steel frame work just about everywhere. Some of the framework on the doors have real rust issues but I have a good fix for that. I'm going to use the rivet system they use on Airstreams to attach the ABS panels hopefully in a manner to make it look natural.

What has me nervous at the moment is Jane experienced two pretty good overheating events in our trip to Arizona and back to Texas. I've sent in the oil and antifreeze samples and am waiting for the results. If the oil and antifreeze are okay then I'm going to get the dash air working along with installing a misting system for the radiator to help out when the hill is long and the ambient is high. I'm also going to get the valves adjusted and add a pyrometer to help with keeping an eye on the temperature better. The mechanic that is going to help me is a local big dawg on adding performance to the Cummins but I think that will not be where I'm going with it.

We replaced the Norcold 6 cf with a new Dometic 9 cf, that was like getting into my old Army uniform, required surgery. The 12 volt water pump went out in Arizona and I had to do surgery to replace it. Evidently the built the coach after they did the pump installation.

We love the coach. She has about 125-130,000 miles and we hope to get about four years of fun out of her.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #2179

My 1985 27' Honey

Isn't she a beauty. Will be even better after I get the electrical system working.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160906_200310.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	138245   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160906_200252.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	138246  

Old 09-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #2180

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprving View Post
Isn't she a beauty. Will be even better after I get the electrical system working.

Cool. Those Honeys are getting to be rare birds. I know of a nice C class Honey nearby though I don't think it's for sale. Speaking of rarities, anyone remember Lifetime Motorhomes? They were built near where I grew up, and I think were absorbed by Winnebago then went away. Anyone ever see one of those 1970s-early 80s Lifetime Motorhomes out there? I can't hardly find 'em with Google even, any left?

Regards,
W.D.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jy001 View Post
My 1993 Foretravel Grand Villa U300, fully restored inside and out.
That looks very mean ! loven it do you need an elevator to get in?
Old 09-11-2016, 01:13 AM   #2182

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
1989 Rockwood Forest River

[Click image for larger version

Name:	102_2668.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	138622

Name:	102_2794.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	138623

Name:	102_2796.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	138624
Old 09-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #2183

Here's Titanicus

Like jsprving, mine will also be better when I'll find how to re-install the electricity.

Here's a picture of Titanicus, my 1984 Transtar from Champion Motorhomes.

Actually, it's the only one I saw in my province so far...

I just replaced the tape on top of the windshield by applying a good amount of caulking (for house windows). The next step is the electricity: the last owner took the inverter/charger and the solar panel to put them on his 1984 Triple E Empress. I'm on this problem for two years now and I still can't figure out how everything was plugged. And nobody can help me around my area (everytime I showed that problem to reparation companies, they told me they will call me back and they never did, even if I contacted them a few times ).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20160620_131454074.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	139298  
Old 09-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #2184

Look at the invertor charger and the solar as 2 separate systems. Start with the invertor charger. It charges the house battery bank. The engine battery is,seperate and is charged off engine alternator.There should be a boost switch on the dash that connects the engine battery to the house battery in case you runnit down.figure out your amp load from all appliances dc/ac and select a charger / invertor that will acomodate the demand. I have a progressive dynamics smart charger in my coach. I would recommend you call them and ask for proper sizing advice. If you need or want solar that is a total seperate system. The new smart chargers are way better for the batterys than what came in it originally.I'll try and gelp you sll I can ,it might be better to start a whole new thread on this topic under your class of motor home.