Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #239

Thumbs up Share your good ideas and projects

Big Dan, Curtis and Gold Wing,

Please keep posting those pictures. We can all use your ideas and help no matter what brand of motorhome we own. Hey, a good modification/addition will work in lots of applications.

If I might say a motorhome includes the problems of a home and vehicle ownership rolled into one.

Would you agree, people that own one of these enjoy a challenge.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dan View Post
I think that is a great idea!! I don't know a single solitary sole anywhere near me that has a 37J but I see one occasionally when we are in a large RV park. Where in Texas are you? I worked in Amarillo off and on for about 30 years. I will get my rig out when the rain lets up out here and get some inside pics and post them. Happy Holidays to all.
Aside from your improvements, your Coach looks exackly like mine inside.
Same seats, and carpet. The only difference is on my back wall in the kitchen I have some mirrored strips that give the kitchen a larger feel.

I like the caster idea and the mud flap.
I have the big brush mud flap on mine and no casters. Can't remember
if I've ever hung up during an exit, but we got stuck in several campground after big rain stroms passed through. I solved that problem by installing a locker in the rear end. It will pull its self through some nasty stuff now.

We live just North of the Big City of Rhome TX. Population 643
We are about 26 miles Northwest of Fort Worth. A long way from Amarillo.
We moved out here 10 years ago from the Burbs of DFW and I will never go back. In Rhome 4 cars at a stop sign is rush hour around here. Rhome has NO intersections controlled by stop lights, and NO flashing lights in town. Every intersection is controlled by stop signs. A great place to kick back and relax. The Freight Trains coming through tow are it's biggest excitement. We have a private airstrip behind our house north of town and our neighbors keep us entertained with a daily airshow.
Dallas and Fort Worth are close enough if you just gotta have all that Culture and Crowds stuff. BTY the Texas International Motor Speedway is only 14 miles from me. Great Place to live.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #241

Hey everyone this is my first post here! I just purchased my first RV today and am going to try to fix it up. So here are some pics of my "new" 1979 Holiday Rambler Imperial 5000..

ramblingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #242
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard

Looks like you've taken on quite a project. Don't be shy about posting photos of your work, many of us really enjoy 'watching' other's projects. If you run into any snags, don't be afraid to ask questions here. Someone, no doubt, has undertaken a project similar to yours and may have a solution for you.

Good luck!
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #243

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't wanna jack the thread with the wrong thing, so is 1993 vintage yet?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #244

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNiemann View Post
I don't wanna jack the thread with the wrong thing, so is 1993 vintage yet?
Not yet, I believe you have three more years to go.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWINGER2 View Post
Not yet, I believe you have three more years to go.
J
20 years or older is vintage my friend
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:23 AM   #246

Tin Can Tourists, probably the largest vintage RV club, uses 25 years for trailers and 20 years for motor homes as the cut-off for the "vintage" class. Only RVs meeting those limits are elibible for the Coucours d'Elegance at each rally.

Seems reasonable to me.
UltraKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #247

Workhorse Chassis Owner
then why do i get told to post questions in vintage cause mine is too old for the other side of the thread world............ i'm just a lost homeless puppy....
Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #248

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking

No worry's mate, Ye be at the right place. Even if'in you ain't quite old enough, you will fit in here!! We here just like to pull peoples chains to see what happens!!! Welcome and like they said Pictures!!! Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #249

I have always said if I ain't making payments on it then it's got to be an antique!
My Computer is 8 years old, should have been retired years ago according to my kids.
I had to retire my last cell phone 10 years ago because my carrier would no longer support my bag phone. Which means I'm still suing on my second cell phone.

My MH is 20 years old and has been paid for for 14 of them. So it's definitly an antique.

Obviously a 10 year old RV could very well be an antique.
Especially with the changes that the RV's are going through now a days.

I'll just keep on updating my old girl even if she is an antique.

All this to say, your not out of place here. Come on in.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #250

Just joined up, here is a pic of our 1983 Jamboree on a flat car. Ready to leave La Junta , Sonora, Mexico for five days over the Sierra Madre mountains, destination Los Mochis. That's our Scottie "Mack" pulling us onto the train. You can see the old MH is in good shape. It's now time to change the 16.5 wheels to 16" since tires are no longer made that can be used on this rig.

We're hoping some one has already done this and can tell us what the correct 16" rim is to fit this 1983 Ford Econoline chassis without having to modify anything.

Thanx, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daves Photos 078.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7355  
hdl261olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #251

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdl261olds View Post
Just joined up, here is a pic of our 1983 Jamboree on a flat car. Ready to leave La Junta , Sonora, Mexico for five days over the Sierra Madre mountains, destination Los Mochis. That's our Scottie "Mack" pulling us onto the train. You can see the old MH is in good shape. It's now time to change the 16.5 wheels to 16" since tires are no longer made that can be used on this rig.

We're hoping some one has already done this and can tell us what the correct 16" rim is to fit this 1983 Ford Econoline chassis without having to modify anything.

Thanx, Dave
The 8 hole ford wheels will work just fine! If memory serves, they are 8X16 8 hole wheels. Just tell who ever you get them that it is for your motorhome and that it has the 16.5 wheels on it. I seem to remember that you would need 215R16 10 plys to go with those wheels. that would be as close to the size of those older tires, I am guessing that they used to be 8.25R16.5 tires.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #252

Vintage RV Owners Club
ok, so here is ours. Ole Koot