Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu View Post
New flooring really classes up the place!
Thank you for the kind wo
bgrancid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #2592

Tiffin Owners Club
Floors make a big difference! Still have a long way to go to get the old Tiffin looking good but the floors are almost done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_101602.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	200062   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_101608.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	200063  

Name:	20180102_101244_HDR.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	200064  
Viciousharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #2593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viciousharp View Post
Floors make a big difference! Still have a long way to go to get the old Tiffin looking good but the floors are almost done!
That looks good
bgrancid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #2594

Vintage RV Owners Club
last night we bought a 78 Dodge powered Sportsman 21 fter. our 34 ft Class A is too hard for the wife to push the brake pedal. and we are hoping to the Yukon again end of next month. got it from Brother in law who lost his drivers licence 15 yrs ago for health issues. so it wasn't used at all. has 40,000 kms on it. tires all rotton from sitting. ordered 7 new 8.75-16.5s for $98 w tax .will install myself. will change all oils. filters. check plugs/.wires.cap. it has a 400 Auto.will resell after the trip..dont need 2 in back yard .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	outside frt left .png
Views:	91
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	200543   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior .png
Views:	88
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	200544  

Old 04-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #2595

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
One thing that I see on your picture is something that I really miss on modern vehicles.

THE HEADLIGHT DIMMER ON THE FLOOR.

Guess I'm showing my age, but I would pay extra to have that on my present day stuff.

Having it on the steering column is just too awkward to get my foot up to.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:33 AM   #2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
One thing that I see on your picture is something that I really miss on modern vehicles.

Guess I'm showing my age, but I would pay extra to have that on my present day stuff.

NICE!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #2597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenvb View Post
last night we bought a 78 Dodge powered Sportsman 21 fter. our 34 ft Class A is too hard for the wife to push the brake pedal. and we are hoping to the Yukon again end of next month. got it from Brother in law who lost his drivers licence 15 yrs ago for health issues. so it wasn't used at all. has 40,000 kms on it. tires all rotton from sitting. ordered 7 new 8.75-16.5s for $98 w tax .will install myself. will change all oils. filters. check plugs/.wires.cap. it has a 400 Auto.will resell after the trip..dont need 2 in back yard .
I have to say, seeing your rig brings back a LOT of great memories!

We had a '78 Dodge version of your rig, although I think it was smaller. We bought it back in '89 for $400.

We lived in Massachusetts and the sellers had been retired for a while, they were antique dealers, but had taken this rig all the way to Alaska (remember..this was BEFORE they had everything paved) and they told us it had done a 'slow roll' into a 'creek'. (They were explaining the small damage to the top right corner).

We were looking for a school bus to move back to Boise, ID along with our four young kids. We tested one (It was a band bus with shelfs in the back for instruments which would have worked perfectly for beds), and as I had the pedal FLOORED, I looked down at the speedometer we were doing 45 MPH! I yelled back at my wife and said, "Whatya think?!" She yelled back, "I'm not sitting in this thing all the way to Idaho!"

Which brings us back to the '78 Dodge Class C rig. We saw it in the newspaper (remember those days?) and they were asking $1500. I KNEW it was way out of our budget but I thought what the heck, so we packed up all four kids and went out and looked at it.

After looking at it the guy asked why we wanted it, and I told him I had had enough of living in the East and wanted to get back to the wide open spaces of the West. I told him I didn't want to insult him but I only had $400 bucks in the budget and he just laughed and said, "yeah..that's a bit too low".

So we went home a little bummed but I didn't blame him, it was a ridiculous low bid, it's just all I had at the time, as I knew I would need the rest of our meager savings to get us out there.

A couple days later the gentleman called back and said, "The wife and I talked it over, and we want your family to have it for $400".

And there you go...our 1st motor home and one the kids still remember to this day.

I think you'll have wonderful memories in that rig....and perhaps a few not so wonderful, but all in all I'm sure it'll be great!

Congrats!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #2598

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
I have to say, seeing your rig brings back a LOT of great memories!

We had a '78 Dodge version of your rig, although I think it was smaller. We bought it back in '89 for $400.

We lived in Massachusetts and the sellers had been retired for a while, they were antique dealers, but had taken this rig all the way to Alaska (remember..this was BEFORE they had everything paved) and they told us it had done a 'slow roll' into a 'creek'. (They were explaining the small damage to the top right corner).

We were looking for a school bus to move back to Boise, ID along with our four young kids. We tested one (It was a band bus with shelfs in the back for instruments which would have worked perfectly for beds), and as I had the pedal FLOORED, I looked down at the speedometer we were doing 45 MPH! I yelled back at my wife and said, "Whatya think?!" She yelled back, "I'm not sitting in this thing all the way to Idaho!"

Which brings us back to the '78 Dodge Class C rig. We saw it in the newspaper (remember those days?) and they were asking $1500. I KNEW it was way out of our budget but I thought what the heck, so we packed up all four kids and went out and looked at it.

After looking at it the guy asked why we wanted it, and I told him I had had enough of living in the East and wanted to get back to the wide open spaces of the West. I told him I didn't want to insult him but I only had $400 bucks in the budget and he just laughed and said, "yeah..that's a bit too low".

So we went home a little bummed but I didn't blame him, it was a ridiculous low bid, it's just all I had at the time, as I knew I would need the rest of our meager savings to get us out there.

A couple days later the gentleman called back and said, "The wife and I talked it over, and we want your family to have it for $400".

And there you go...our 1st motor home and one the kids still remember to this day.

I think you'll have wonderful memories in that rig....and perhaps a few not so wonderful, but all in all I'm sure it'll be great!

Congrats!
That's a great story Trimoot. [emoji106]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #2599

Tiffin Owners Club
My 89 Allegro also has it on the floor. Really confused my wife when she accidentally hit it.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #2600

Tiffin Owners Club
Also I wish my tires were that cheap. I looked for a Chevy chassis because I wanted the bigger wheels because I figured they would handle better. After buying 7 tires I wish I had found a Ford chassis with the 16" wheels.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #2601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post

I agree! SW.1. Not sure how moving it to the turn signal switch was an improvement.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #2602

1999 Monaco Executive

New to RV life. Husband wanted something he could work on and he has done well with getting this rv in tip top shape.

Diane & Jeff
DJliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #2603

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJliving View Post
New to RV life. Husband wanted something he could work on and he has done well with getting this rv in tip top shape.

Diane & Jeff
Well, don't tease us, post some pics!!
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:33 AM   #2604

Thought I had but guess I didn't get it right.
DJliving is offline   Reply With Quote