Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #253

Vintage RV Owners Club
Outlaw45, Thats a sweet looking ride there!!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #254

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdl261olds View Post
Just joined up, here is a pic of our 1983 Jamboree on a flat car. Ready to leave La Junta , Sonora, Mexico for five days over the Sierra Madre mountains, destination Los Mochis. That's our Scottie "Mack" pulling us onto the train. You can see the old MH is in good shape. It's now time to change the 16.5 wheels to 16" since tires are no longer made that can be used on this rig.

We're hoping some one has already done this and can tell us what the correct 16" rim is to fit this 1983 Ford Econoline chassis without having to modify anything.

Thanx, Dave
You can still get them, this shop has them. My buddy has the same MH that you have. He couldn't find them in Perris, Ca, they had plenty of them in L.A. I think they were $120 each.
Fairmount Tire & Rubber - Los Angeles, CA, 90044 - Citysearch
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #255

Vintage RV Owners Club
Make sure you check the dot date on those tires. They can be "brand New" and be over 8 years old or even older!! I don't remember any of the tire company's still masking them. But some off brand could...
Old 12-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #256

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Make sure you check the dot date on those tires. They can be "brand New" and be over 8 years old or even older!! I don't remember any of the tire company's still masking them. But some off brand could...
This place has a very high turnover, cars and trucks are lined up down the street everyday. You have to get there early if you are in a rush. They sell all brands in all price ranges.
J
Old 12-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #257

Vintage RV Owners Club
dan, thanks. it is a sweet ride. i have never seen one before. i asked the tec at the dealer who has been around MH's for a very long time and he has never seen one either. has anybody ever seen this coach or one like it? i can not find anything about it.

Outlaw
Old 12-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #258

Vintage RV Owners Club
It is a GMC Sportscoach. A old one but still a sportscoach. I don't know how old that one is but that is the only model they made and the only model i have seen like that one. Looks about a 78-85 era model. There was another model i have maybe got confused with. a GMC They made it for around 6-7 years. Looks like nothing you have there. I am getting old. I liked them and can't remember the darn name!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #259

Vintage RV Owners Club
dan, thanks, now that i look at it i think you are right. has the same lines as sportscoach. one of my fav. coaches. no wonder i like it. it is a 1978 and my title says Midas. but since i have not gotton my title back yet we will see just what it will say. again thanks.

Outlaw
Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #260

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is an early sportscoach.
Used 1978 Sports Coach Sports Coach 29 Class A - Gas For Sale - Camping World RV Sales - Omaha
and here is a GMC from the same era
1976 GMC Motorhome
One of these may be what Wallaby Dan is thinking of.
J
Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #261

Vintage RV Owners Club
maybe. mine looks a bit different but on the same line. who's to say, since i can not find any info on this. whatever it is, we like it. thanks.

Outlaw
Old 12-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #262

Vintage RV Owners Club
Red face

Thanks there, I was thinking that that 6 wheeler was a Chevy but I wasn't sure. Midas was another name for Chevy or GMC. Can't remember but i know a friend that had a newer model Sportcoach That looked somewhat like the model that outlaw45 has. His was i think a 82? maybe? Can't remember but that being a midas could have the Chevy name on it/ On the drivers side somewhere on the side you should find a metal tag that tells you the Brand, Model and tear of date. Up on the dash there will be a serial # number. Should be able to get the info off the tag on the wall beside the drivers side. I am not sure they still Make the Midas, I do know that the newer ones were mostly Class C type models.It could be that they stopped making Sportcoachs, and started making Midas. Worth checking out. Sportcoach was bought out by Coachmen and thay used the name on there high end diesel coaches. Tell us what you find out, Dan
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #263

Here are some pictures of my big girl going thru the US of A:

Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #264

1988 Pace Arrow

Here is a picture of my Pace Arrow in Sedona, AZ. Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-09-10_07-43-45_3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	642.2 KB
ID:	7419
RustySkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #265

Vintage RV Owners Club
rusty, what is the name of the rv park you stayed at in sodona and the prices? did you like the park? sodona is one of my fav places to be. let me know. thanks. Happy New Year.

Outlaw
Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #266

Outlaw,
That picture is taken at Rancho Sedona RV Park. I've stayed there twice and I really like it. It is a privately owned park. The rates for my 28 foot motorhome were between $40 and $55 per night depending on what space I had and the different nights we stayed. It's not cheap, but the sites are all shaded, level, have a table and concrete pad, the river is super close for the kids of you have 'em and it's right in town. It's not a boondocking experience so I like being in town. My kids loved the river and had a great time. The owners are fair and helpful. It's a mix of people. Vintage owners, families and then some exective spaces with the big coaches.

http://www.ranchosedona.com/

-Rusty
RustySkills is offline   Reply With Quote