Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzz2001 View Post
So finally got around to taking some pictures. Here is the 1985 Georgie boy my wife brought home for my Birthday.
Nice! VERY Nice!! Looks MUCH better than our ugly old Beast!! LOL!!
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #394
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
OK, that's way cooler than any birthday present I ever got.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #395

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What a great wife!! Looks like a NICE rig--- congratulations and Happy, belated, Birthday!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #396

hi everyone; new guy here

i`m into Vintage trailers (the aluminum & rivet kind) and just found out that iRV2 has also a vintage section

here is my current trailer;

she is a 26 foot 1966 "Streamline Empress"
i found the old girl in very rough shape at a scrapyard in Phoenix waiting to be recycled into beer cans

i dragged her home and made a complete "frame off" rebuild
however, i`m not really a resto freak (and dont want to live/travel with a museum)
so i took the liberty to "hotrod" and "modernize" the old girl in some areas like dropped hitch/ lowered riding height, high speed tires,
lots of outside storage doors/compartments, all LED lights, ...
...and the most obvious part ; a vertical stabilizer

she is now less then a year back on the road but we made already over 10000 miles together
as my name suggests i have two Briards (French Sheepdogs)
so we use this trailer to go to AKC Agility competition events all over the west

right now i`m actually working on a slightly larger replacement for the Streamline;
its a rare 28 foot 1950 "Spartanette Tandem" (i will start a detailed building thread soon )
Got Briards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Briards View Post

I'm into Vintage trailers (the aluminum & rivet kind) and just found out that iRV2 has also a vintage section

right now i`m actually working on a slightly larger replacement for the Streamline;
its a rare 28 foot 1950 "Spartanette Tandem" (i will start a detailed building thread soon )

Dude, I think you should finish the Goose Neck Hauler Trailer and show these people your real talent for reworking aluminum trailers.

That thing will be a work of art. I like this one, but had such hgh hopes for the other one you were working on.

I have too many unfinished project or I'd be all over taking over the GN Project. But I'd still swap the door to the proper side.

Curtis (aka SSRodeo on the other board)
Old 06-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #398

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Got Briards & WELCOME!!

Very nice rig you have! Much more 'classic' than my little TT! You've done an excellent job, from what I can see. Would love to see interior shots.

I've been showing dogs since 1979, so am familiar with the Briard. Good dogs. I travel to shows, with my little TT. Love staying on site-- very relaxing for both me and my dogs.

Again, WELCOME, and would love to see before/after shots- if you have them.

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #399
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you found tom Patterson's site for streamline and silver streak?
Toms' Web Page

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #400

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice rig! I'm curious about the vertical stabilizer though, was this a feature of the trailer or something you added? Sort of a sway control, I guess? Tell me more!
Quote:

i`m into Vintage trailers (the aluminum & rivet kind) and just found out that iRV2 has also a vintage section

here is my current trailer;

she is a 26 foot 1966 "Streamline Empress"
i found the old girl in very rough shape at a scrapyard in Phoenix waiting to be recycled into beer cans

i dragged her home and made a complete "frame off" rebuild
however, i`m not really a resto freak (and dont want to live/travel with a museum)
so i took the liberty to "hotrod" and "modernize" the old girl in some areas like dropped hitch/ lowered riding height, high speed tires,
lots of outside storage doors/compartments, all LED lights, ...
...and the most obvious part ; a vertical stabilizer

she is now less then a year back on the road but we made already over 10000 miles together
as my name suggests i have two Briards (French Sheepdogs)
so we use this trailer to go to AKC Agility competition events all over the west

baraff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #401

Hi Curtis, nice to see somebody i know over here
yeah... i hope i can sell the Airstream gooseneck body to somebody that is finishing it. i still think its a very cool toyhauler project... but now that i`m selling the Peterbilt i just have no use for it (and no tow vehicle with a goose hitch)

Sheila

thank you for the nice welcome
yes, we also enjoy to camp on location ... usually its free (but no huckups) and right next to the Agility arena ... the dogs enjoy it big time and we have another excuse to camp, BBQ and drink adult beverage

btw my Boys are a little different then the (IMHO usually too big and sometimes nasty tempered ) "show" Briards. they are from active "working" (herding) lines that are smaller, but physically strong and very sweet and handsome .

... my favored pic of my almost 1 year old "flower power" puppy "Armas"

Ken
thank you for the cool link ... i will check it out tonight

baraff

the air foil is home made; it is actually hiding the extra tall gray/black tank vents ... i dont know if it actually helps to track straighter ... but at least i think it has no negative effect
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #402

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Curtis, nice to see somebody i know over here
yeah... i hope i can sell the Airstream gooseneck body to somebody that is finishing it. i still think its a very cool toyhauler project... but now that i`m selling the Peterbilt i just have no use for it (and no tow vehicle with a goose hitch)
Can you post a pic of the gooseneck?
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #403

J
here is the link to "Pirate 4x4" where i had a thread running :

airstream 5th wheel toyhauler ?!? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

i hope the link works ...
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #404
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The link works not to mention it's some very interesting reading. I really like your workmanship.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
The link works not to mention it's some very interesting reading. I really like your workmanship.

Yep, there are some really talented folks over on that Forum!
But, it's one of those places where you need your "big boy pants" on as it can get rather “back alley” in a hurry.
We're working on being a friendlier tolerant bunch, but no there just yet!
"Got Bairds" is one of those talents. His Peterbuilt is quite unique also.
The Goosneck build has a lot of possibilities and scores high in the uniqueness factor.

You'll find some of the best fabricators and out of the box thinkers in the World there. Even Jesse James hangs out there some times.

I like to hang out here, because I have an 89 Fleetwood Limited Ed and am always looking for ways to make my "Big Girl" prettier. Hoping I can talk the Wife into doing a little Snowbirding after she retires. My parents did it for 10 years and it looked like so much fun. Melissa and I have traveled completely across the Country 5 times on short Vacation Trips and found some wonderfull places to visit and live. Mc Minnville Oregon is on the top of our list of favorite places.

My Towed (an Expedition Rig) is rather unique in the Pirate Tradition. So we're not your normal RV Park Vacationers. We tend to get back there out of town for the Adventures. Ever watched the sunrise in the Boonies of Moab Utah?

I've rambled enough. Coffee is ready! And now I have this urge to go camping in the Big Girl!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #406

Our newly renovated 1984 Winnebago Cheiftain

My wife and I have spent countless hours after work and on the weekends for that last 8-9 months, but we are close to being done. We've even got to use it on a couple of camping trips so far and love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1984 Winnebago Chieftain 001.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	11756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome Forward 002.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	11757  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome Rear 002.jpg