Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #57

Hears mine a 87' Coachman Leprechaun
ischua is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #58

Cool "Titanic", our 1985 33' Pace Arrow

Here is "Titanic", our 1985 33' Pace Arrow, Marilyn & I are presently putting in a new drive train before heading South.

Dave & Marilyn
1985 33' Pace Arrow "Titanic"
Southern Wisconsin
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #59

Solo Rvers Club
Here are a couple of pics of my 1988 Minnie Winnie taken during a recent trip to Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good looking old Winnies.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #61

Here's our 2:

'88 KIT 240 - 24 ft 5th wheel, bought new.

'88 Winnebago Super Chief - bought several months ago - looks like we're hung up on '88's!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #62
TKH

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyTalk View Post
Here are a couple of pics of my 1988 Minnie Winnie taken during a recent trip to Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

That's one clean "Minnie" Is she as nice inside?
TKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is Wilbur. He was towed to my house 5 years ago and returned into the great rig you see today. Even T Rex thinks this looks like a good roof.

And on the beach Wilbur makes a great beach house.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #64
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
1977 Argosy on holiday in CA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Argosyintrees.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1884   Click image for larger version

Name:	n_california_04_web.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1885  

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
great pics!
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #66

Here a couple pics of ours. And yes, our awning has been removed. The brackets failed (soft sand does not hold those screw-type tie downs real well). Easy fix. Needed new brackets anyway.

Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #67

'82 Sportscoach Cross Country 32' SB

Last March I purchased the above named beast to park on a little place on a river 85 miles from my home. The plan was to winterize it for year 'round use and drive it out only during floods and to re-fill the propane tank. My daughter and three of my grandkids were in a bad spot in Phoenix AZ, so I packed the beast up and off we went half-cocked on a trip from Hammond IN to Phoenix the long way through Texas (4050 miles) to avoid the possible snow covered mountain passes. I'm amazed we didn't blow her up on the way and be forced to abandon her. 4 of the 7 tires were no good. We had a plugged fuel filter and blew the back u joint on the way home. I ended up broke from the tires and we were forced to borrow money from friends, co-workers and family from Texas to Phoenix and back. We left here with 3 adults (Myself, the little woman and my son) and a four year old, a three year old and a 2 year old. On the way back we added my daughter, her twin 4 y.o. sons and our new 2 mo. old granddaughter. Talk about a trip! Now that I've gotten a taste of the open road with my family and my "house" at my back I can't wait to get her out on the road again!

I have a nightmare of butchered in electrical circuits throughout the RV, some directly off of the battery bypassing the switches. Inside my 45 amp B-W Power Converter with Battery Charger is a 50 watt ceramic resistor with one lead clipped or broken off and the cooling fan doesn't run. I was unable to run my rear air conditioner under any mode. (shore power or genset) The rear A/C did work once I ran an extension cord in through the RV right to the A/C. The dash heater system is barely functional nor does the cruise control work. Both the galley and bathroom faucets leak when in use even after I tightened the packing nuts. Everything else functions rather well for the age and neglect the previous owners inflicted.

By trade I'm an industrial electrician/electronic technician and do most of my own vehicle maintenance and repairs so there's nothing here I can't handle but it would all be much easier if I had the proper manuals, schematics and wiring diagrams. There are several prints and manuals that came with our RV as well as a comprehensive collection of RV Seminal Technical Bulletins from Chevy on our chassis I would be willing to share/ trade for more info on my coach. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. Hopefully we will both benefit!

D. J. McBride
Hammond, IN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07-04-09_1005.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1939   Click image for larger version

Name:	07-04-09_1006.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1940  

Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #68

Sounds like you had a lot of 'fun' and really learned the hard way just what it takes to get an old lady ready for the road - but it will always be memorable!

I can't help with any docs and I really doubt there is much available these days but if you want some 'inspiration' take a look at my thread on the other site www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23338669.cfm

It documents 32 days (and counting) of restoring a 1984 Monaco - much of the work you will probably end up doing at some point.

I wish you well and hope that your daughter is now in a better place in her life.
steveclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #69

The daughter is going to what she's going to do; who knows. It just seems I've become soft-hearted (More like soft-headed!) since I first became a grandparent in July '05. It's all about the grandkids. I normally would have been properly prepared for something like this but her trouble occured one week before my vacation and I hadn't seen the twins since April '06. I'm still struggling financially, but have been working the OT. As far as the RV goes, I'm only looking to fix what's broken not remodel or rebuild her.
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #70
TKH

NUGE

Those little grand kids will do it to even hardened old men. I confess, too.
TKH is offline   Reply With Quote