Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #799

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow, nice interior work there! We are working through our 1984 Tioga and I'll be taking your advice on the sound deadening material to cut down on road noise. Hadn't really thought about it before. I love this forum!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #800

Remodeling cab of Winnie

This is a great job you did on your cab remodel!! Thanks for sharing what you did and the products you used.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #801

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhigham
Did you or your wife recover the seats also. Thanks,Terry
We were going to have them re covered, but it was going to cost more than new ones and we would still have the old frames and bases. So, we opted for new, we replaced both captains chairs, the dinnette and both low back swivel chairs.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #802

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
We removed our mid 80's orange shag carpet, then sanded and cleaned the area throughly. For noise and heat reduction we did 100% coverage of the cockpit area with Dynamat Extreme. It is a adhesive sound deadening material with an aluminum backing. Next we used an industrial strength adhesive to coat both the floor and the backside of the carpet and carpeted the whole area. We also carpeted the engine cover, but since it is fiberglass I had to use a foam sound deadening mat on the underside to reduce heat and noise in that area. That mat is also made by Dynamat it is a closed cell foam on one side and a open cell foam on the other. In the middle it is separated by a thin layer of lead. This is a heavy material, so I had to make some aluminum brackets to hold this in place on the underside of the engine cover. The new carpet looks great and the interior seems to be a bit more comfortable and definitely has less road/ engine noise. I was trying to dig up some photos that I took during the install, but I'm having trouble finding them.
That works too... Good job
Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
If you do decide to replace the doghouse carpet, spray on some Lizard Skin before putting the carpet back on..
My father-n-law restores old cars and was telling us about Lizard Skin, looks easy to use. What does it cost?
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #804

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Its like $130-$170 depending for a 2 gallon pail, so can be cheaper compared to DynaMat.. you do need a cheap spray gun though. I personally like spraying the Lizard Skin Ceramic Insulation underneath the floor boards/dog house AND using some sound deading mat inside, but that get to cost a little bit..

edit: BTW, I LOVE what you did with yours inside.. Thanks for posting all the pics and links.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #805

I purchased the Dynamat product a long time ago and purchased it on a direct purchase program. The stuff I used was left over from that project, so my investment cost was low. In hind sight I wish that I would have covered the generator box to reduce the noise from that before I put the floor down.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #806

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wonder how well the Lizard Skin product works in deadening generator compartment noise?? Both inside and out? Anyone ever tried this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #807

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
We were going to have them re covered, but it was going to cost more than new ones and we would still have the old frames and bases. So, we opted for new, we replaced both captains chairs, the dinnette and both low back swivel chairs.

They sure do look good can you tell us where they came from?

It all together makes it look like a new one.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #808

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomask

They sure do look good can you tell us where they came from?

It all together makes it look like a new one.
I purchased them from: http://www.discountvantruck.com/

I love the furniture, but there customer service was horrible. My in-laws just ordered all new furniture for there MH. I will let everyone know how there experience turns out. Probably be about 4-6 weeks.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomask View Post
I have to say that 77 looks as good or better than some 97's or 2007's on the road today. How's the interior and could you share some pics?

You should be one proud owner, it shows for sure.

Sorry for the delay, I got some more pics for ya'll. She's pretty much original, besides for the flooring. The front seats have covers slipped over, but they're blue vinyl trim, with a beige face in the very middle.

I'm happy this one had more contemporary blue trim rather than the traditional 70s Orange/Brown, which still looks great even today. I'm surprised they went with blue in a truck that had an orange dash.

Enjoy

Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #810

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Has anybody ever even sat in it?

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #811

Jon
That RV is amazingly clean. very nice!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #812

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for sharing the photos. That is a beauty!