Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #897

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtodd View Post
Question 1. I have a side tray that pulls out for the house battery.There is enough room for a standard 12v. I've read on here that sometimes it's better to put 2 6v batteries together to get more amp hours.However I don't have the room in this compartment.Is there a way to relocate 2 6 v batteries elsewhere,possibly inside under seat for example.Would this work? Also while snooping around inside the other day,I come across a 120v ac to dc inverter.What is this for in the rv? Remember I'm a complete newbie here. Thanks.
Batteries generate hydrogen gas (remember the Hindeburg? BOOM!). Wherever you locate them needs to be well ventilated and devoid of ignition sources (anything that can potentially make a spark; switches, relays, electrical equipment, etc).

The 120VAC to 12VDC device is a converter. It provides 12V power to your camper for lights and other 12V items when you are on shore power. It usually also charges your batteries while you are plugged in.

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #898

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Carl Bice
Our 1973 Sportscoach

Got it for just $500, but Not to sure we got a deal? But we have it, and get to make it all ours, eventually... These are the pictures of the day we got it home, it has changed quite a bit since then, and I will try to get more pics on here, but I don't think I have any interior shots from before I gutted it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0066.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	22284   Click image for larger version

Name:	FGW 5.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	22285  

Name:	first good wash 1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	22286  

Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #899

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Bice View Post
Got it for just $500, but Not to sure we got a deal? But we have it, and get to make it all ours, eventually... These are the pictures of the day we got it home, it has changed quite a bit since then, and I will try to get more pics on here, but I don't think I have any interior shots from before I gutted it..

That's awesome! I just love to see the vintage coaches getting refitted and updated. I wonder if in 2042 (when my coach is as old as yours) someone will see it and say "Wow, that's a great old coach."
Old 06-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #900

Have a look at this beautiful 1983 37' Beaver Diesel Coach:

exterior:
Young Couple on a Mission

interior:
Young Couple on a Mission

Sorry for not posting the pics directly to this thread. I didn't know if it was okay to have the same pics posted in two different places on the forum.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #901

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin

That's awesome! I just love to see the vintage coaches getting refitted and updated. I wonder if in 2042 (when my coach is as old as yours) someone will see it and say "Wow, that's a great old coach."
Ramblin, if it makes you feel better I will give you $500.00 for your rig today!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #902

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Ramblin, if it makes you feel better I will give you $500.00 for your rig today!

Some days I think I'd be ahead of the game to take you up on it.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #903

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
1983 Silver Streak 3411

We have 2 of these just a few serial numbers apart. One has 2 twin beds, the other a full size, but I think more of a 3/4's size. They are 35 foot long, rear full bath with tub, separate bedroom, kitchen/dining and living room. No built in furniture in the front so you can put in small table and chairs, couch whatever. Stuff sitting around in there or I would take pictures. We put a new AC unit in one but not the other yet. There is trunk storage in the back.

We bought them to set on RV lots we have to rent out, one is currently rented. The fridge in neither one worked so we removed them and bought a house type fridge that will fit in pretty good.

The one sitting in the yard is waiting for some interior work, a piece of glass to be replaced and some trim work and a bit of paint here and there. These are wonderful old TT's. Some of my husbands retirement projects when he retires in 2 more years.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1983 Silver Streak 3411.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	22356   Click image for larger version

Name:	1983 Silver Streak 3411 (2).JPG
Views:	80
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	22357  

Old 06-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #904

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
If you have read other areas you have seen me talking about getting this 1992 American Eagle ready to go. I think some of these same pictures have been posted. Maybe even in this vintage section, sometimes I forget what I have and haven't posted, so sorry if they are repeats.

The window curtain has fade, I turned them around for now and will tuck the end in so its not noteceable. I plan to redo all the trim later, new valances, bedspread, all the cloth stuff. I like the colors up front though think a lighter color will add to it looking bigger. I hate the color of the spread in the back, ugly ugly but the durn thing is like new so may use it with new fabric over it and saving the good batting in it.

All the awnings are like new. The big one needs some work on the spring on one end so won't stay out, the others all work, they are covered with the aluminum covers which likely kept them good.

The roof in this pic you can see has some runs in that Liquid Roof, thought I had it smooth till it dried but you only see them up close. Everything on top is new, skylights, maxx air covers, fantastic fan covers, satellite dome, AC's, all except the fridge cover, new clearance lights in front, we have the back ones, just not on yet.

Now lots of work has been done on mechanical, though 80% is just deferred maintanance as we have no records. We estimate it sat for 5 years looking at the date of the last inspection sticker, no way of knowing.

Had tires inspected two different places they say good but in the fall I'm having the steer axle ones replaced, maybe before that, and either this fall or spring new rear tires also, they are now 7 years old. I had a 2005 Winnegbago with 5 year old tires and had blowouts, didn't tear anything up luckily but could have so replaced all of them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	92 Awning.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	22358   Click image for larger version

Name:	92 Awning4.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	22359  

Name:	92 Back.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	22360   Click image for larger version

Name:	92 Eagle.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	22361  

Name:	92 Good Shine.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	22362   Click image for larger version

Name:	92 Roof Redone.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	22363  

Name:	1992 Eamerican Eagle.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	22364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front of 92 Eagle.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	22365  

Old 06-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #905

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We have new flat screens in front and back, removed the little TV in the middle, for now just velcroed that little plastic set of drawers in the hole, not sure what I will put there. Also have new dash air, hoses, and new Sony radio with USB input and my Sirius. Hubby also got me a new Tom Tom GPS system.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #906

Here's mine....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-05-27 16.41.06.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	22366  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #907

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I remember those, really thought it was something that people could have something like that and traveled around. Never thought I would back then.

Nice looking old Winnie.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #908

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Nice rig PatStab
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #909

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We are both from Sullivan County, Indiana. Have lived in Texas for over 20 years, but Indiana is still home.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #910

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
1989 winnebago chieftain