Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #925

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I keep waiting to get my Eagle back. The guy whose shop its in is just covered up. He apologized and I don't want to get mad at him but he needs to change something to get the ones that have been there done and out. I think people stop by with this or that and he fixes it then gets him behind, just a guess.

He had mine ready then started the generator and it overheated, we had been using it and it ran fine. He called last Thursday apparently the water pump shaft broke, burned up the alternator and broke the belt on the generator, sure not his fault. So he is getting a new pump, having the alternator rebuilt, changing out the hoses on it and had him get a new battery for it also.

Since it was there and he didn't get them in he finally got my bilsteins to put on and so here I am again. I hope to get it by weekend but haven't told him that.

But when you get one of these old ones, you can expect this stuff. I sure hope I get to use it for awhile after all this stuff though before something else needs fixed. I want to just fix up the "pretties" in it next. Wonder how long that old washer dryer will last, its the original.

Told hubby eveything on it should be fixed, he said you have no idea of all the big things that could go wrong on it. Nope and I don't want to know!! but these old ones are still old beauties!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #926

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
1984 Itasca Windcruiser

I've been on here a bit, and haven't posted a pic in this thread yet, I've started the slow process of trying to restore the Itasca I bought last fall. I will eventually be posting questions on here, just have so many right now, don't know where to start.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #927

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Nice bikes! :thumbs:

And rig
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windcruiser
I've been on here a bit, and haven't posted a pic in this thread yet, I've started the slow process of trying to restore the Itasca I bought last fall. I will eventually be posting questions on here, just have so many right now, don't know where to start.
My in-laws have the same motor home, a 1986 model. We have helped them with multiple remodel projects. If you have any question please feel free to ask.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windcruiser
, don't know where to start.
Start at the top and work your way down. Ceiling, upper cabinets, walls, counter tops, lower cabinets, furniture and floors.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #930

Start at the VERY top. Everything else will be a waste of time if the roof is in bad shape. Make sure there's no rotted wood to fall through and no leaks. After that, the rest is up to you. :-)
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #931

Vintage RV Owners Club
Our '88 Travelcraft

This is what ours looks like from the outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	937.8 KB
ID:	22570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0581.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	935.3 KB
ID:	22571  

Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #932

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
Start at the top and work your way down. Ceiling, upper cabinets, walls, counter tops, lower cabinets, furniture and floors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven1 View Post
Start at the VERY top. Everything else will be a waste of time if the roof is in bad shape. Make sure there's no rotted wood to fall through and no leaks. After that, the rest is up to you. :-)
I have...I've got the roof cleaned and sealed. Working on the very damaged ceiling now. I will start a new thread soon with more pics and many questions.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #933

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure I have have any of my 87/88 Bounder here - it's in decent shape overall, after 20 some years in the Florida sun as the home of a friend of my brother in law. It sat under palm trees most of its life and only has about 45K miles on it. My BIL bought it, drove it up north here, and then we bought it from him - so it's a joint project now. The best thing we've done so far is the Red Max Pro that went on last year. The accent paint, especially up top in the front, it badly faded and wants re-doing. Maybe this fall. The rest of the body isn't in too bad a shape. Little bit of plywood rot along one bottom edge behind the left rear tire, but the roof is sound, the floor inside is sound, and we're headed to Utah in two days...

Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminJersey View Post
.... The best thing we've done so far is the Red Max Pro that went on last year. The accent paint, especially up top in the front, it badly faded and wants re-doing. Maybe this fall....
Very nice! Did you redo the decals and stripes or did the Red Max Pro rejuvenate them?
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #935

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminJersey View Post
Not sure I have have any of my 87/88 Bounder here - it's in decent shape overall, after 20 some years in the Florida sun as the home of a friend of my brother in law. It sat under palm trees most of its life and only has about 45K miles on it. My BIL bought it, drove it up north here, and then we bought it from him - so it's a joint project now. The best thing we've done so far is the Red Max Pro that went on last year. The accent paint, especially up top in the front, it badly faded and wants re-doing. Maybe this fall. The rest of the body isn't in too bad a shape. Little bit of plywood rot along one bottom edge behind the left rear tire, but the roof is sound, the floor inside is sound, and we're headed to Utah in two days...
Wow.. Nothing says 'What new paint job? We dont need a new paint job!' like RMPro
Old 06-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #936

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanicPilot View Post
Very nice! Did you redo the decals and stripes or did the Red Max Pro rejuvenate them?
The 1-inch orange and 1/2" yellow are new reflective tape, applied over well sanded old junk. The wide red stripe needs to be repainted. Decals are more or less original, the side ones are too bad, but that front-top one is beyond repair...

RMP does great on old fiberglass but doesn't do much for decals, so far as I can see.

Thanks!

J
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #937

can someone tell me what the red max pro is.
thanks
tom
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #938

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail40 View Post
can someone tell me what the red max pro is.
thanks
tom
https://www.google.com/search?q=red+...earch=irv2.com

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote