Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #939

Does anybody know where we can still purchase Red Max Pro? I checked the Lowes website and they only have it in the 5 gallon size... $68 or so....

TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #940

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love the stuff, but there are lots of posts threads about RMP. Can't we keep this one about vintage rigs?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #941

Speaking of Vintage Rigs...

A little while back I mentioned this one in another post. This is the one we dubbed Jambo-Moho-Pig. It's a 1977 23' Jamboree. 440ci, 4bbll, Automatic with Headers. According to the Odometer it has about 90k on it. Gets a whole 6.8 mpg! Thus the name. I had some leaks to fix in the roof and replaced some of the interior ceiling. I also repainted the striping, hood, and bunk front staying to the original colors as close as I could. Other than that it's all original and all works. She's our current "staycation" home (for fairly obvious reason) in a small nearby campground. Here she is in all her stationary glory.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven1 View Post
A little while back I mentioned this one in another post. This is the one we dubbed Jambo-Moho-Pig. It's a 1977 23' Jamboree. 440ci, 4bbll, Automatic with Headers. According to the Odometer it has about 90k on it. Gets a whole 6.8 mpg! Thus the name. I had some leaks to fix in the roof and replaced some of the interior ceiling. I also repainted the striping, hood, and bunk front staying to the original colors as close as I could. Other than that it's all original and all works. She's our current "staycation" home (for fairly obvious reason) in a small nearby campground. Here she is in all her stationary glory.

Last year I had the distributor recurved on my 454 along with the 4bbl being rebuilt upped my gas from around 6.5 to 8.5 and a lot of power to boot.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #943

"Das Panzer", 1987 Odessey, E-350 chassis, 460 engine

Old 06-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #944

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
OOOoo.. I like that
Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #945

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
OOOoo.. I like that

Me too! Needs headers and side pipes, or zoomies.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #946

It has Banks headers. Laker plugs might look cool. Does have a really nice exhaust sound as is, especially at full throttle.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #947

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
nice motorhome, do you have any inside pics?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #948

Thank you for the compliments. Only two were built, and it draws alot of interest. It is similar to the Dodge Islander dinette model, but is on a Ford 1 ton chassis. I've been using it for storage, but am starting to re-do the interior, as I now live in Mexico. You can go here and scroll down for some ratty photos of the interior:

https://picasaweb.google.com/fugawibill
Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #949

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Mexico, huh?

Looks nice down there
Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawibill View Post
Thank you for the compliments. Only two were built, and it draws alot of interest. It is similar to the Dodge Islander dinette model, but is on a Ford 1 ton chassis. I've been using it for storage, but am starting to re-do the interior, as I now live in Mexico. You can go here and scroll down for some ratty photos of the interior:

https://picasaweb.google.com/fugawibill

Interesting rebuild of the Gia.
Looks like, after all that work it got rear ended while being towed back home. Sad to see a Classic reborn only to die that way.
Care to elaborate on the VW? I've had several ocer the years. My best friends son is still driving the last one I had.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #951

In the late 1950s my Dad traded for a green US Army Tent and built this plywood trailer to mount it on. The picture shows me and my sister staking her down at the campsite in Custer State Park. I figure this is my first RV.

DW and I have had Tent Campers and a couple of PU Campers over the years . Recently we bought this. Some different I reckon.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #952

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCK
In the late 1950s my Dad traded for a green US Army Tent and built this plywood trailer to mount it on. The picture shows me and my sister staking her down at the campsite in Custer State Park. I figure this is my first RV.

DW and I have had Tent Campers and a couple of PU Campers over the years . Recently we bought this. Some different I reckon.
So you're saying you really didn't move up very far? Other than not needing to stake it down anymore nice rigs- both of them.

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote