Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Very nice! Is there any tail wag pulling that behind the bike? Do you have stabilizer arms from the bike to the trailer tongue?
On the straights you forget it is there.... corners or down hill... the bumps gently remind you. Pulling with my Harley I dont notice it at all... bigger bike

Pull it behind my car or tuck... totally forget it is there.

Its great for those every other days your out on the road, or if staying at a Provincial park with showers its a great get away. Used it at Sandbanks last year, it was great. It allows the wife to pack a suitcase ... so she is happy.

She will be happier using the MH to get there and the bike as a TOAD to buzz around

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gank View Post
.... the only RVin I do right now is with a 1988 Danish Combi... I pull it with my Gold Wing... pops up in less that 30 sex, allows me plenty of room for me and my passenger, and I can stand up to get dressed. Its all aircraft aluminum, with an added shield under it to improve air flow. I hate towing it my milage goes from 49 mpg to 44 mpg... its killing me

Cheers

Gank
That would pull nice behind our Geo Metro....

TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfort View Post
Pat, I'm not sure anyone clearly stated how great your coach looks and that they got lost in the shine. Anyway that is one well maintained nearing vintage status coach. I just had mine done by a local detail company here in SoCal-Mirror Image Details. The owner Mike Flores treated my coach as if it was his own as well did his team of young professionals. My 1983 Apollo Sceptre always looks good to onlookers, but I could see through the shine and see areas that needed some work, Mike took care of all of my concerns. Now that its back to like new, I may try some of the products that have just been discussed. Semper Fi, Dennis
You better wear your shades when looking at those wheels, they look GOOD and the coach TOO! Nice work there by a business that cares about their customers.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #1082

Vintage RV Owners Club
1988 Travelcraft 36'

If I do this right, you may get to see a couple of outside shots of "Our Lady Liberty"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	693.6 KB
ID:	25954   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0961.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	25955  

Old 09-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #1083

here are the first pics of the new to me coach. its an 89 pace arrow.

hope this worked
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #1084

Here's my Cub

Here is our newly acquired 1979 Free Spirit Cub, by Holiday Rambler. It's about 18ft long. I'll share the manuals when I have a moment to scan and attach to the manuals area. It came with about an inch of manuals for everything.

I've not found much info about this thing except an advert on google books from a 1978 mag. Apparently it was considered one step above a tent trailer at the time.

Name:	Camperfreespirit2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	26296

Name:	Camperfreespirit.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	26297

Here's the link to the advert if you want a 1970's giggle. Uhmmm is that "patchwork" upholstery?

Field & Stream - Google Books
Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 AM   #1085

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gank View Post
Anyways the only RVin I do right now is with a 1988 Danish Combi...

Cheers

Gank
Nice set up Gank!

I also pull a trailer behind my bike, although nothin as fancy as your rig... I only use it for my "one-on-one" mini camping trips with either one of my two kids... They take it in turns to keep it fair! My wife doesnt ride on the bike so its kids & dad territory only!

I made it up myself a few years ago to satisfy the need to get all the crap off my bike and tote it behind. I had seen a lot of the goldwing guys totin' trailers behind their bikes and I got envious... I keep almost everything in the trailer. All I carry on the bike is a light magnetic tankbag to hold my Nikon DSLR and a quick grab bag with our rain gear. No more overloaded saddlebags and tote bags strapped to my cruiser!!

Its a basic roof topper with a light steel frame underneath, couldn't be simpler.

At camp...
Not quite a 30 second setup, but it works for us...
Old 09-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #1086

Thumbs up One neat camp there!

At camp...
[/QUOTE]
Now that is one nice set up for a camp. Looks neat, clean, and comfortable. And it all fit in that trailer, cool. I bet you get the best MPG award, too.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #1087

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomask View Post
Now that is one nice set up for a camp. Looks neat, clean, and comfortable. And it all fit in that trailer, cool. I bet you get the best MPG award, too.
Thanks Thomas!

Yeah, when the kids travel with me we travel kinda heavy with some extra comforts (table & chairs etc), but when I travel with the guys on our "men only" biker camping trips, we gotta be macho, so a swiss army knife and a box of paper clips usually suffices... I daren't take the trailer on the "men only" campin trips as I'd definitely wind up filling that trailer with beer...

The kids like their comforts (and truth be told, so do I )
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #1088

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Blag, great setup!
AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blag View Post
Thanks Thomas!

Yeah, when the kids travel with me we travel kinda heavy with some extra comforts (table & chairs etc), but when I travel with the guys on our "men only" biker camping trips, we gotta be macho, so a swiss army knife and a box of paper clips usually suffices... I daren't take the trailer on the "men only" campin trips as I'd definitely wind up filling that trailer with beer...

The kids like their comforts (and truth be told, so do I )

I built a trailer like that years ago to pull behind my GS Suzuki. My Harley Biker Neighbor loved the idea of my trailer and one day I saw him outside making a trailer for himself. And as we would guess, he used a top loading freezer for his trailer body and some Harley front wheels to roll it on. The frame was made from some heavy I beams he'd stolen from someone. When I went over to talk to him about it he proudly said he was going to fill it full of beer and ice. He was going to be the most popular Biker at the Tres Rios Harley Ralley.

Tuns out he attached the tounge to his seat and the first time he tried to turn a corner with the brakes on it dumped his butt on the pavenment. Wasn't long afterward he was seen ripping it apart and putting his Beer Cooler back in his garage where it belonged.

True Story! I swear!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blag View Post
Nice set up Gank!

I also pull a trailer behind my bike, although nothin as fancy as your rig... I only use it for my "one-on-one" mini camping trips with either one of my two kids... They take it in turns to keep it fair! My wife doesnt ride on the bike so its kids & dad territory only!

I made it up myself a few years ago to satisfy the need to get all the crap off my bike and tote it behind. I had seen a lot of the goldwing guys totin' trailers behind their bikes and I got envious... I keep almost everything in the trailer. All I carry on the bike is a light magnetic tankbag to hold my Nikon DSLR and a quick grab bag with our rain gear. No more overloaded saddlebags and tote bags strapped to my cruiser!!

Its a basic roof topper with a light steel frame underneath, couldn't be simpler.

At camp...
Nice set up... I lucked out with mine, guy had just put sign on it 15 minutes earler, got it for $1100... its great... the top carries a lot of stuff and that cooler is great for keeping pop (or brown eggs) nice and cool
Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
I use a host site like photo bucket and find the picture url right click and copy then here, click the insert picture and paste and post.
sorry .. think i did this wrong... love the 69 tv .. working on my 68 dont want to hijack.... lots of questions about older tv's
sorry... i'm a newbie.... but, thanx also
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #1092
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Croinin069, we had a 1989 Pace Arrow, same color s as yours, but with a queen rear bed. Watch for water leaks on the front and rear cap joints with the roof. Also side windows a prone to leaks. We loved the Pace Arrow except a strainer leaked less than the RV.

Ken