Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1191

Hey UV Owners

Please keep posting pics, that is a great idea of yours to have a mini museum that gets all those restored and back to use. How many total do you have now and tell us about your shop you are building.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #1192

A list of what we have so far for our Ultravan collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomask View Post
Hey UV Owners

Please keep posting pics, that is a great idea of yours to have a mini museum that gets all those restored and back to use. How many total do you have now and tell us about your shop you are building.

These are the Ultravan coaches we have been blessed to get, so far, with plans to use and enjoy each and every one as they were meant to be and to display them in our museum collection:

1. UV 248 Corvair - Cherry Interior with table. It has a 140 from the factory.

2. UV 256 Corvair - Cherry Interior with settee. This one will be our personalized custom coach. It was on the road from 2009 until Oct this year, when I remove the drive-train so I could use the engine in UV263 which is "now our nicest coach to date". UV256 had a used 67 110 with a PG that I install in 2009.
(Note: UV256 still has lots of body damage. To fix it right: It needs a new roof with drip lip, outside skin and some ribs all on the driver's side between the closet and bedroom area. I have the ribs needed. I have plans when fixing the body damage to install a rear mounted FWD 3.8Lt. I already have a complete donor vehicle and I plan to make a bedroom larger (similar to Granger’s 400 series) at the same time. But I need a dry level place to work and not be concerned about weather doing more damage to an open coach. Yes a garage would be nice and is in the works. I originally purchased UV256 to save it from the junkyard and to have everything necessary to restore UV 248. I also hate to see it go to waste! This is not an important project and it will not happen overnight. I’m not in any rush – If it is worth doing it is worth doing right! Plus other UVs have priority and must come first. At the time UV256 was the easiest one to get on the road and because we never owned one before; I want to see what it was like to drive one.)

3. UV 362 Corvair - White Interior with table – Until I can rebuild a new power plant for UV362 I will be using the old 67 110 engine out of UV256. UV362 coach already has new carpet, curtains, and mattresses with washable slip covers and all LP and other appliances have been serviced and are in working order at this time. My goal is to have it on the road by June 2013 at the latest.

4. UV 512 is a Chevy V8 from the factory with dark walnut interior (This coach was flooded in hurricane "BOB" and it sat in salt water, until the water receded. It has not been on the road since 1979. Because of the salt water damage; it is not in the best of shape. At this time it is not a priority and I’m not sure if it can be saved; until I have a garage along with a lot of time to take things completely a part and inspect everything. However, we are very thankful for the donation of this coach and I can only hope it can be saved!) Whatever the turnout is; a big thank you needs to go out to Rick (the grandson) of the coach’s owner. I’m grateful to him for saving it and passing it on. He hopes to see it restored some day and so do we.

5. UV 520 Was a Chevy V8 - someone switched it to rear mounted FWD Toronado. We hope to have it delivered in spring 2013. (The previous owner had used it many years ago. Years later he started to restore it. Sometime after he started, he came down with dementia and at some point, sadly, was in a nursing home until he passed away in the fall of 2012.)

Marie and I are always on the lookout for other Ultravans.
Not that we are or plan to be greedy in any way. We simply want to be able to enjoy the different coaches for what they have to offer and to show the subtle difference between each coach in a small museum like setting; so anyone who cares to visit can hopefully admire and appreciate what Dave Peterson designed, built and accomplished.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #1193

Lost pictures in the process

Hey every body,,, I was fooling around on the compute here and put some pictures on somewhere but since I have no idea what I'm doing I lost them in the processSo,,, if you all see a group of pic floating around with no words They do belong to me I have to admit I didn't know what a computer was till I was 50 years old.. Now that I'm 60 still don't know how to work the dern thing
Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #1194

Work in the process

Hi all, I think I might have figured this thing out not to sure but still trying.... I put up a few pictures to show..This is known as the money pit.But I love pidling on it.. Mabey by spring we will be able to put a coat of paint on her...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	603.5 KB
ID:	31106   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Size:	834.9 KB
ID:	31107  

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	31108   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	875.1 KB
ID:	31109  

Name:	020.JPG
Size:	551.1 KB
ID:	31110   Click image for larger version

Name:	023.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	820.0 KB
ID:	31111  

Name:	017.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	669.4 KB
ID:	31112   Click image for larger version

Name:	037.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	692.0 KB
ID:	31113  

Name:	026.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	661.1 KB
ID:	31114  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #1195

I painted it.

1988 Coachman Classic, I have owned since about 1991 ?.
I painted it at home, DW did all the interior.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mh 2 & mary 002.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	31606   Click image for larger version

Name:	mh 003.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	31607  

Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #1196

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great looking rig. Congratulation on the work done.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #1197
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Excellent looking paint scheme
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #1198

Thanks,it looks Ok for what I spent.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #1199

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyralph View Post
1988 Coachman Classic, I have owned since about 1991 ?.
I painted it at home, DW did all the interior.
If you dont mind, what color is that and bout how much did it run you total for paint?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #1200

The color is called Mocha, it looks a little darker & browner than I thought it would be. I bought it on line from a company called Trinity 1945(no affiliation to me.) About 6-7 gals. of base, 1-2 gals. of top coat, some activator & hardner. $900 to $1000 for paint & misc. I have now added vinyl name on hood & rear.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #1201

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
The color is called Mocha, it looks a little darker & browner than I thought it would be. I bought it on line from a company called Trinity 1945(no affiliation to me.) About 6-7 gals. of base, 1-2 gals. of top coat, some activator & hardner. $900 to $1000 for paint & misc. I have now added vinyl name on hood & rear.
Thanks

A grand doesnt seems bad at all. Was the quality good? Flow and lay down good?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #1202

Not knowing much about paint I was happy with it.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #1203

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not knowing much about paint I was happy with it.
Paint looks good from the pictures and the interior turned out nice too. By chance did you take a "before" picture you could share?

I want to put down a new "wood look" floor. Carpet just has no place down the aisle of a motorhome. What did you use on your floor?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #1204

My 1968 VW Westfalia. My RV for the spots my Class C can't fit into.