Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #1275

Thumbs up

LaZy507 that is one nice caddy.

I am sure you will enjoy your rv, too. Please keep us posted on your camper restoration as it goes.

What are your next work plans and please show us some pics as you progress.

Are you looking to do some spring camping when snow is gone?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #1276

I'm new here, and my trailer is a work in progress but here goes..

here's the wall behind where the stove used to be. all the rotted panel is gone and I started building a tile counter top.
hearsejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #1277

Im trying to do a lil more than spring camping..as i will be soon full-timing..
gotta get her ready. and i have my own thread. just look for updates on Lazy's 73 winnebago Brave. my pictures come out big and i always got a alot of them..
I took down a panel on the ceiling above the cab today..holy cows no room between that bunk and the ceiling..and i got the panel off..very lil insulation and nothing to hold anything too..lol..one board on each side of the rv thats it..altho check my thread for pics of that.
(hearsejr) thats a pretty sleek rig you got there, i like the white..paint job on outside looks nice!!..ull get that outdated interior done, before notime...check emoneys progress out too..alittle paint goes along way!!
LaZy507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #1278

Thanks LaZy, it's not as nice as most of the rigs here. maybe one day it'll stack up.
As for the paint someone really coated it on there. lol. I started chasing areas that look like they could be a leak and I' am sure that there is no way there could be that many leaks on this thing, but I think I have a compulsive anti leak disorder. hehe.
it has 99% of the original interior. I really hate to change much but I can not find a vinyl flooring to match that bright green floor and the wall paper is sort of hard to match too, but I never really tried very hard on that.
I have tried to find the V.I.N. on it but it just is not there. maybe the paint is coated it and made it hard to see.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #1279

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like a great foundation, hearse. I'm sure you've already looked there, but I found my vin plate very near the floor by the door on the side of a cabinet. I also remember they used to put vin plates on the tongue too. Good luck with it!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #1280

Thanks, Emoney. I was looking at your work of art and wish mine was looking as good..lol. after seeing yours, I had to start looking at my floor again. I got bright green flooring, and, and sort of have the hardwood look envy now. lol.
I asked the Skyline Company and they said 1973/older had it on the coupler part on the tongue. the 1974/ later had it on the A frame of the tongue. I never looked down by the door. I might have to start looking around the cabinets better. lol.

thanks for the help.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #1281

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by benford View Post
I like the way you think, "Fixing" things is What my hobby is, I like the challenge of trying to either fix it back the way it was or make it better than the original design,
When I was young and had to call a guy to rewire something or install something I always watched and told my wife "Heck I coulda done that" it was like I flipped a switch in my head and I aint never looked back,
Now I don't trust anybody to work on my stuff coz most of them don't seem to know what they are doing,
I am just not happy unless I have a project to work on, I think about it all day at work and come home to work on it, A motorhome fits me to a teee,
our newest car is an 02 has everything a new one does , except the monthly payment, woohoo, we can buy more diesel and take longer trips,
You know, benford, I am very much the same way. I have GOT to have a project to work on. I have enough on tap right now to last me until I am 108, but I don't think I have ever had many that have been more enjoyable than the '89 Chieftain I am working on now. All my friends and co-workers think I have lost my mind, and you know why? - Because they have never experienced it.
Mine started out as "I'm just gonna take down a couple of cabinets so that I can fix those water stains on the ceiling" repair and ended up to the point that I have gutted the entire interior. I try to convince myself at each point that I have reached a point that is "good enough", but I just can't. I always find something else that I just can't leave alone, because, bottom line is that even though no one else would ever know it was there, I would. So, since I am that close anyway, and I may never be at that point again, why not fix it now? I am certainly not a perfectionist, and all my mechanical skills are self-taught, but I think I do OK.
I find myself just sitting inside this gutted coach, just looking, and thinking, planning and scheming (and I must say re-doing because during my brain-storming, I come up like Ford, with a "better idea")
I have to really watch myself, because I even find myself in church, instead of listening to the preacher, I'm thinking about how I'm gonna do that backsplash, or did I tighten those roof air bolts tightly enough, or what sealant am I gonna use when I remove that dinette window? That's pathetic, isn't it?
Oh well, I guess when they have me sitting out in the hallway of that nursing home, drooling on myself, all that knew me will blame it on that derned ol motor home!
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #1282

hehehehehe wonder if the old folks home would let me plug in there ..lol
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #1283
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Just a reminder...

The title of this thread is "Post your vintage photos here..."

We do have a VINTAGE forum where projects and issues can be discussed.

I enjoy looking at both the exterior and interior photos of rigs I remember from the campgrounds of my youth, but there seems to be more and more "off topic" discussion of other vintage related issues stuck in between the photos all the time.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #1284

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
1926 Ford Motor Home

1926 First Motor Home ever, well yes at least for my family!
Great Grand pa & ma Saladay, story goes G Gpa went to Detroit Ford MFG and bought the truck. He then drove it into Canada and had the home part added on the back. I don't know where he got the ideal to do this, but it was done in 1926.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File2a.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	34440   Click image for larger version

Name:	File1a.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	34441  

Click image for larger version

Name:	File3a.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	34442  
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
Great Grand pa & ma Saladay, story goes G Gpa went to Detroit Ford MFG and bought the truck. He then drove it into Canada and had the home part added on the back. I don't know where he got the ideal to do this, but it was done in 1926.
Priceless! And I think you win the award for the "Most Vintage" MH ever on these pages.... Too bad it still isn't in the family.
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #1286

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
That is one cool piece of history! Thanks for posting.
Cubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #1287

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I tired to find out what happened to it and so far nobody knows.
That be a hoot to show up at a rally...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #1288

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for sharing Tumbleweed. Finally someone posts a rig older than mine, lol!