Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #645

Spartan Chassis
1973 Establishment

We've owned this jewel since 1978. It's an Establishment 20 ft with a Dodge 360 engine 55000 miles.

The white is original factory finish. I repainted the brown and painted the new stripes in about 1980; the same time that I fabricated and installed the air dam and grill covers.

Runs very nicely, although it's getting a bit too small for us now that we're retired. We're looking for a 36 diesel pusher to replace this one, although we'll be sad to see her go.

Andy and Vicki Clark
Camano Island WA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0634.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	17244   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0611.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	17246  

Name:	DSCF0613.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	616.2 KB
ID:	17247  
3rd stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd stage View Post
We've owned this jewel since 1978. It's an Establishment 20 ft with a Dodge 360 engine 55000 miles.

The white is original factory finish. I repainted the brown and painted the new stripes in about 1980; the same time that I fabricated and installed the air dam and grill covers.

Runs very nicely, although it's getting a bit too small for us now that we're retired. We're looking for a 36 diesel pusher to replace this one, although we'll be sad to see her go.

Andy and Vicki Clark
Camano Island WA

Wow, what a beauty...........
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #647

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

Andy and Vicki Clark
Camano Island WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
Wow, what a beauty...........

+1
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #648

establishment 20 footer

Quote:

Andy and Vicki Clark
Camano Island WA
Very,very nice
sun seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecoolkid View Post
If you dont have access to a timing light, take the distributor cap off. turn the crankshaft back untill the distributor rotor moves, then turn it forward untill it moves again. much more than an 1/8th turn or so is kinda sloppy.

as for the fuel pump, keep in mind that the tank is a looong way from the pump, and a mechanical pump wont pump very well with out being primed, my rv has a electric lift pump that is used just to pump the fuel up to the pump on the motor. I only turn on the electric pump if its been sitting for a little while and the fuel drains back a bit. so make sure you dont have a piggy back pump and if you don't it might be a good idea. when i first bought my rv i thought i had a issue and ran a electric pump right to a small 15 gallon tank just to get it home. when i got it to run, it was running for about 5 minutes and then it started spraying fuel every where. That was before i found the lift pump, so that shows how long it takes for a mechanical pump to get the fuel all the way from the tank to the motor....... or you could just have a bad pump haha, pull it off and but you thumb on the intake side and push the lever, it should suck your thumb to it and hold it for a bit. if it loses suction right away you could have a pin hole of small tear in the internal diaphragm.

Hope this helps! - Dan
Good reply Dan-It doesn't have a lift pump-but I think it should-where on the frame -engine to tank is it located? I just dont have much room under this big thing-if I put in an inline pump, will gas travel thru it when its off?-Thanks-Al
illinitackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #650

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
1985 Jubilee by Zimmer

Name:	new picture.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	575.8 KB
ID:	17259
Here is my 1985 Jubilee. This will be my summer cottage to escape Texas summer.Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	17258
texasdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #651

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdaisy View Post
Attachment 17259
Here is my 1985 Jubilee. This will be my summer cottage to escape Texas summer.Attachment 17258
It looks like a nice older RV. I wish my Class B had an awning.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #652

Thumbs up

Quote:

Andy and Vicki Clark
Camano Island WA
You will not have any trouble selling that.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #653

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinileftta View Post
Good reply Dan-It doesn't have a lift pump-but I think it should-where on the frame -engine to tank is it located? I just dont have much room under this big thing-if I put in an inline pump, will gas travel thru it when its off?-Thanks-Al

my rv has duel tanks and the pump is mounted directly after the little valve that switches between the two (although the valve doesn't work), its a pretty small little pump mounted about 10 inches in front of the main tank. The mechanical pump on the motor will pump the fuel though the electric one with the electric pump off. idk if all pumps will do that or not i would call the manufacturer of the pump, cant hurt to ask. or jsut open up the pump and see if you can blow through it before you put it in haha.
my owners manual says it originally had one smaller tank, and my fuel pump is on a switch, so im sure it isn't original. i have a 1975 superior 28ft with the 440-3.
montecoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #654

Vintage RV Owners Club
also, what did you use to refinish your stove top, i like the way that looks. thanks - Dan
montecoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #655

After cleaning it and getting the rust off-I sprayed it with high -temp grille paint- it withstands the cooking heat- and it cleans up easily-it has a slightly matte finish-thanks-Al
illinitackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #656

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Andy and Vicki Clark
Camano Island WA
Andy & Vicki,
That is beautiful!!! You have REALLY cared for this coach and will have NO problem selling her.

If you do not mind my asking, why the air dam? I've seen them, on occassion, and was never able to ask someone who had one

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #657

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
It looks like a nice older RV. I wish my Class B had an awning.
I know what you mean! An awning was the first thing that I had installed on my TT and then my MH. In the PNW, it is a wonderful thing to have- as you know My TT could only have a 11' awning but my class A has a 19' one (I would have gone bigger but that was a special order item and the cost jumps WAY up). It's like having an entire room, outside

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
If you do not mind my asking, why the air dam? I've seen them, on occassion, and was never able to ask someone who had one

Sheila
An air dam first of all has the purpose of keeping air from flowing underneath the vehicle. The more air that gets under there, the more air resistance you'll have. On a high vehicle, like most motorhomes, it can be significant.

A second benefit is that it will usually cause more air to enter the grille, increasing the airflow through the radiator and thus helping the cooling.

I suspect that most people damage them fairly quickly and don't replace them.