Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Some here and and other forums came around trying to figure out what was going on. They are not to sure yet but it almost killed me the other day. When i got to the hospital my BP was 50/33 My blood sugars were in the basement. They Put three different meds and never followed up on anything...Nothing!!! I am lucky to be alive i guess. Right now i am all over the scale with all kinds of mixed up feelings and I don't know what will happen yet. Thanks to the fact that i let a friend drive i would maybe killed someone or myself...
I am just thankful to friend and several on this forum put up with me. Happy motoring or what is your thing
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dan,

You are in my prayers. Keep fighting. Keep your chin up.

Carla

2005 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS (W-22)
CarlaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
yep, I got one more week and i will be at the va and someone is going down with this and I will be getting a new doc!!!! I am all over the scale with mind. Not taking any chances with no meds so I haven't been doing much! I need to check out a possible leak on the windshield. Just what I need....
Thanks CarlaT, Deb and i have been having this issue for years now she has been going to one place and until I had my brush with death twice my mind is open for someone to plug it in and fix it!!!! I am ok today and I will worry about the next few when i get there. Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, the best i got was sorry about that or oops.... Added a new med and will see what this does to me....Feel like a mouse or guinea pig..next??
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
An old family Doctor told me years ag that the way they were taught to be a Doctor was:
1. Examine the patient and based on his symptoms, general health and age, pick what ever illness was closed to his problem...provide meds for this illness and wait.
2. If the patient was still having problems a few days later, you move to the next most likely problem on the list.
3. Wait and see if the patient is improving and if not, move to the next most likely item on the list.
4. If the patient was still alive at this point, hopefully he was cured or worst case is he might die.

This old Doctor refered to those in the profession as a bunch of Witch Doctors.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #6

Hang in there Dan,

Have your Doc check to see if any of your med's is working against another med of yours. It might be that easy of a fix.

Good Luck keep us updated, Mich60

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
So far see no change. Last night was up till around 5 am or so and got back up around 10 so it didn't help there but it may need a few days to take effect and work better. I still am having a dizzy like spell when I get up and want to do anything. Need to do work on coach and truck but I can just see me doing the back ladder to the roof! Under truck is easier.Guess I will see what gives there. Will see how it goes. I have to go back next month and see if there is any changes at that time.Seems to be low yet. don't seem to have much get up a get with it. Take it one day at a time,dan
Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
It took most of the afternoon to do a GOF and get all the squeaks out!! There is several connections that I have to use a needle and that gets the tie rod ends and some of the other things lubed.other places like the rubber bushings on the arms can be quieted down with white lube or silicone. Sounded like a different truck with the noise gone for awhile!! Thats all I did today and will be looking at the kitchen as I get my stuff together. Have most but want to wait till after court first.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Campers, Tomorrow is d-day!! I have agreed on a plea bargain but in this state the district attorney can be overruled and he can change it for time and probation or anything he wants so if it is no good sometime in the next 30 days i will know and then my attorney and I may have to have a jury trail. Won't know till it happens. Very interesting how the laws have been changed!! You can no longer protect your wife or home with a gun even if you are disabled. ... Anyway be warned!! Dan

Edited to remove inappropriate language and content.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well its the judges turn and I will know by the end of February, The 27th...clap...pause.....
Old 03-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
va benefits

dan , just a question, have you applied for va benefits? There is a very good place to talk with vets and they will help. hadit.com , bill
Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Well its the judges turn and I will know by the end of February, The 27th...clap...pause.....
Dan, you still here??
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

yes, I am back!!!Am doing better. I have done something that some one else told me to try. I got a list of all the meds I was on... Took them to the wally world and had a talk with the Pharmacist there! She looked at the med list and told me that there are two that are real bad ones. One I have been off now one full day and took me two weeks to get off slowly. Methadone!! Man that stuff is bad news!!! I feel better!! The other one will be started in aa couple of days as I still have the dizzy spells if I turn to quick. Not near as bad as before. I have been working in the kitchen area but slow. I hate this!!:(

On the new doctor list..come on down wednesday!!! Will see what he thinks should be done...Just can't wait!! Wonder if you can drag a doctor out back to give attiude adjustment!!! Just kidding. I see one of the clinic doctors on friday for the right arm and shoulder. I had rotator cuff replacement back in 1990...Think i may have worn this one out. Will find out.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
I go down Weds to see what they are going to try next!!!