Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
the front strap i just loosened the back i removed then lowered the rear just enough to get my hand in there
I am thinking I have a different/bigger tank than you have. My tank is at least five feet long and frame rail to frame rail on the sides, Probably 18" or better top to bottom. It is an 80 gallon tank. The reason I say that is I don't see any way I could just lower it a little and get my arm in there, not if the fittings are in the center. I have, I think four straps across the tank and three large and fairly long bolts holding the end up. That is what makes me think I can loosen those bolts and take the straps off and lower just the front pivoting on the bolts. I guess it depends on whether there is enough play in the holes in the frame and tank support to allow that much movement. I see what appears to be a pump behind the tank on the passenger side frame rail and I am wondering if this is an external pump and not one in the tank.

Rick

rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #58

mine is 80 gal the pump on the rail was a holly blue from the factory

Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
mine is 80 gal the pump on the rail was a holly blue from the factory
Sounds like we have the same setup. I have not gotten a good look at the pump yet, My air bags leak down over a couple of days so I do not feel comfortable under there without stands. I will be setting it up over the weekend if the weather allows. (which it appears it will not). I want to check all the air lines at the same time. The gas line that is leaking is blowing out the passenger front side of the top of the tank and running down the side compartment wall so the break is at that end of the tank. It looks like I will have to lower the whole tank because if it is rubber it is getting replaced.

Rick
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #60

Rick just wanted to jump on this thread also, I am on you newer one with the gas tank. When I lowered my tank I used a transmission jack.
Thanks.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Can I

Jump on too? What are you replacing the radiator in? I have found mine also @ Rock Auto but more than $200.00 more like 4- $500 and that's not to my door I also found it @ AutoZone just in between 3-400 bucks
Merry Christmas, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #62

I got lucky with my radiator, there is a shop in town that repairs them, had it boiled cleaned and pressure tested to good as new. not bad for $85.00
Old 12-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cook elandan View Post
I got lucky with my radiator, there is a shop in town that repairs them, had it boiled cleaned and pressure tested to good as new. not bad for $85.00

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, winnebago