Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 695
Rain gutters or diverters

Over the entry door to my RV is sort of an eyebrow rain gutter deal that sticks out about 1 inch from the body to send rain water running off the roof to either side of the door.
What are they actually called and where can I get them? I was noticing that the rain running off the roof tends to run down over the sides and right the windows on it's way to the ground. Each window has a small puddle across the bottom where the glass goes into the rubber seal.
I noticed that on a few windows there was a small amount of water on the inside of the frame where water got between the glass and the seal.
I think a gutter might help to keep that down to a minimum, also I once read there was a product that rejuvinates rubber seals, I can not remember what it is called or if it works or not. Anyone recall that stuff?

Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 278
Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters

I searched RVGutters.

IWillRVToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 695
Originally Posted by IWillRVToo View Post
Thats the stuff, thanks
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 515
I installed an aluminum cap designed for carpet on my 88 Itasca. I think it is called a bullnose. Has a base section that is normally screwed to the floor then the carpet is pushed into the bullnose. Hard to describe but think of a piece of metal that is a 90 degree angle, then curve one side back over the top of the other side. Kinda like a V with one side rounded.

I installed it with stainless screws and now the water runs out the ends instead of down the side of the coach. My awning would get water in it and stay there, so next time it would get you wet when it was rolled out.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.