Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
If its their business, they have the right to set just about any rule they want..

The 10 year rule is meant to keep riff-Raff like me out..

Not a problem, Why would I want to stay someplace where I wasn't welcome...
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Agree their business, their rules. Capitalism at it's finest as it should be.

I stayed their for 6 months back in 2013. Not all that special, basically a big parking lot with small patches of grass.

Only selling points I noticed were you could walk to Disney and sit out at night for the fireworks show from Disney. Big down side was listening to It's a Small World on a loop.

Show them you disagree with their policy by spending your dollars elsewhere.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #17

I recently sold a 15yo Hurricane and it looked great, and would sit well with newer motorhomes of its size. It would bother me if it was refused because someone saw it and thought it was a piece of crap. But to reject it sight unseen just because it's over 10 years old does not bother me as its their place, their clientele, their rules. There are thousands of places that will accept a vintage motorhome no questions asked. After visiting some you may well think that having SOME rules is a good thing.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:37 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm with everyone saying "their business, their rules" but this is America and the OP has every right to call it out as BS. I wouldn't stay there, but my MH is also 20+ years old so my opinion probably doesn't matter to the owners.

Sort of reminds me of this: Pizza Shop Closing After Hit With Backlash For Refusing To Cater Gay Weddings - BuzzPo
Old 09-09-2016, 01:05 AM   #19

First, I agree there are some darn good looking 10 year and older rigs out there. Many in fact.

However, as far as rules, there are also places that only allow motorhomes, no trailers or 5th wheels. It is their business, their choice.

The problem here is, if they allowed your nice looking older rig in, as an exception, then how do they tell the person with a rolling nightmare that is the exact same model and year as yours they are not welcome? It is easier to use the 10 year rule than it is to tell someone their heap (not yours) is an eye sore and will hurt the image of their business.

I do disagree strongly with comparing it to civil rights issues. Not even close
Old 09-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhrlto View Post
And this I understand well. Like I siad if the rig from the Christmas Vacation movie showed up, I would ask them to leave. However let me add some more of the conversation that I had with the lady at the park.
I asked her not to judge me on the age of the MH, and let me send a pic via email, which she agreed to I sent the following pic.
As you can see its not a dog, she sent me an email back saying "sorry it does not meet our standards. WTH are this parks standards?
Uhrlto
Have you no pride?

If/when the RV park's rules state "Only RVs 10 years of age and newer are allowed"... the standard at that RV park is this:
NO RVs OVER 10 YEARS OLD
ARE ALLOWED!
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhrlto View Post
And this I understand well. Like I siad if the rig from the Christmas Vacation movie showed up, I would ask them to leave. However let me add some more of the conversation that I had with the lady at the park.
I asked her not to judge me on the age of the MH, and let me send a pic via email, which she aggreed to I sent the following pic.
As you can see its not a dog, she sent me an email back saying "sorry it does not meet our standards. WTH are this parks standards?
I just heard of this 10 year rule and not liking it! Whats wrong with these camp ground"s you've got a nice looking rig there is that the photo you sent to them?
steppinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #22

if you are so adiment just tell em its a 2006
Old 09-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #23

I have to laugh, three years ago I went to a local rv park. I have a 2014 Fifth wheel toyhauler and was turned away because they were changing the park over to Luxury motorhomes only. The last few years they haven't been half fulll. I wouldn't stay there now if it were free. As for the 10 year rule, like I said my rv is 2 years old but I wouldn't stay with those arrogant people anyways...
rlreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlreed View Post
I have to laugh, three years ago I went to a local rv park. I have a 2014 Fifth wheel toyhauler and was turned away because they were changing the park over to Luxury motorhomes only. The last few years they haven't been half fulll. I wouldn't stay there now if it were free. As for the 10 year rule, like I said my rv is 2 years old but I wouldn't stay with those arrogant people anyways...
rlreed
Even FMCA, (Family Motor Coach Association), the self proclaimed "Best Club for Motorhome Owners" won't take your $$ if you don't own a motor home... (but they except any motor home owner no matter how old, rough or ugly their MH is). https://www.fmca.com/join-family-mot...sociation.html
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #25

It really doesn't bother me . I can take my money elsewhere .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #26

Sorta like the old Groucho Marx quote
"I wouldn't belong to any organization that would have me for a member."

It's a non issue.
Move on and spend your monies else where.

Just like Olive Garden ......I don't like their food so I don't go there
Much ado about nothing
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
what about bus conversions ? seams the bus can be any year or make
but thay say its a xxxx conversion say a 1999 model bus but was converted
in 2016 so they say its a 2016 conversion bus ?
Old 09-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #28

If I wanted to commit my resources to own an RV that was less than 10 years old, I could and would.

But I don't.

I suspect that most reading this posting are in the same place. Some can afford it, and choose not to. Some would have to sell or choose not to own other things they simply feel they need more. Some may not be able to own one unless they sell their home...

It does not matter.

I believe that people need to learn to be happy with what they have, or learn to get what will make them happy. It serves no purpose to complain about other people's rules that you do not like.

If a person owns some land and wants to set rules for that land, I support them. Simple as that.

I don't eat at restaurants that don't serve food I like, or that charge too much for food I can get elsewhere. I don't buy my gas at gas stations that charge too much either.

We all make decisions every day on what we support and what we pass on, often by simply choosing where to spend our money.

If enough people did not frequent 10 year or newer campgrounds, they would change their rules. However, there are enough at this point. We also need to recognize they get to make choices too. These people may choose to live at these campgrounds just as I choose not to. Perhaps they enjoy not being in my company. Good for them. They will never know what they are missing, but We all do. Their loss, not mine.

I don't care, you can choose to take it personally, if your property does not meet someone else's standards. I choose not to take it personally. It is as simple as that.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote