Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #29

I do disagree strongly with comparing it to civil rights issues. Not even close[/QUOTE]

Its a metophore, thats all. Its something that most of us can remember well if your say 55+. just an example.

Tony

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhrlto View Post
I do disagree strongly with comparing it to civil rights issues. Not even close
Its a metophore, thats all. Its something that most of us can remember well if your say 55+. just an example.

Tony[/QUOTE]

A very poor example....not even close representation

Old 09-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
I have never been turned away at any RV Park that I wanted to stay at. If they ask what year my coach is like this year it is a 2007, next year it will be a 2008 and so on.

Now if you have a "vintage" RV I wouldn't go trying that method but for my 2002 Monaco that still looks fairly new it works every time.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #32

As titled ... it's a rant .... we've all seen it before ... can we move on?
Old 09-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
As titled ... it's a rant .... we've all seen it before ... can we move on?

Yes please, I'm sorry I brought it up now.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

Tony
A very poor example....not even close representation[/QUOTE]

Its not a poor example if you lived it...
T
Old 09-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #35

How about we start a list on this forum of parks that have the 10 year rule. I don't qualify yet but I am close. I have no problem with a business having whatever rules they want. If I disagree with them I express it with my wallet. If enough of us disagree they go out of business. In truth I have never run across this rule or maybe I did and didn't know it. I don't always read the rules.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #36

The problem as I see it when comparing a rule like the 10 year minimum age on a camper to racism, is the choice factor...

If a person is born with a certain amount of pigment in their skin, and another person discriminates against them, it has nothing to do with the choices they made, or their chosen lifestyle. Because of this, most people (all reasonable ) will condemn it.

If a company (a campground is a company) targets a certain group to sell their wares to, and tells a different group they are not in that target, it has nothing to do with discrimination of people. If a person were not in the target group, and wanted to be, they only need buy a new camper.

Now, if you are saying that owning an older camper means you are poor, and that owning a newer camper means that you are rich, and you are poor because of a factor of your birth, and not a function of your life choices, then you could potential compare the situations.

Unfortunately, this latest situation is not supported by facts. Many people who are born poor do not stay that way, many people who are born rich eventually become poor, many people with a 20 year old camper have a higher total net worth than others with a 10 year old camper. For that matter, many 20 year old campers (like a good class A) may easily be worth more money than a 7 year old travel trailer.

So, while some may want to claim they are being discriminated against, and as far as I am concerned, are free to feel that way, they cannot claim it is the same kind of discrimination as racial discrimination.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #37

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I have never been turned away at any RV Park that I wanted to stay at. If they ask what year my coach is like this year it is a 2007, next year it will be a 2008 and so on.

Now if you have a "vintage" RV I wouldn't go trying that method but for my 2002 Monaco that still looks fairly new it works every time.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Yeah, but I'll know, and I'll squeal on ya right after you get everything set up !!
Old 09-12-2016, 12:32 AM   #38

This rule is nuts. I was accepted in my 40 year old GMC as it has a nice paint job but my dog was more then 30 pounds so I was kicked out? I just sold my GMC and bought a 14 year old CC that set me back $50k I guess they would think it is an old piece of garbage. Not everyone can afford to spend half a million bucks for a new upscale rig every few years. Most folks I know just tell them it is the year it was updated and don't have a problem but they could still have a problem when they show up in an almost full park.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I haven't been refused anywhere YET! But then I just stay at
RV parks, nothing with resort in the title. I'm sure they would send
me away.

My motorhome is a 1992 American Eagle, considered an antigue
shortly.

I just keep her waxed and looking good, only had one guy ask and
he said wow, that thing sure looks good for its age. But my day is
coming I'm sure.

I am going to have the nose and side front windows repainted they
are starting to look rough, but the rest is good to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1095.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	141595  
Old 10-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #40
JFN

You know the OP of the Racial example apologised a couple of pages back, do you people not read or just want to post to get your count up?
JFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
we were invited to a RV park in Arizona by friends that have a half million dollar rig. ours is a 92 diesal pusher. i sent pictures. they didnt care what it looked like. 10 yrs is the limit.. so they can stick there park where the sun doesnt shine.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFN View Post
You know the OP of the Racial example apologised a couple of pages back, do you people not read or just want to post to get your count up?