Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #57

We have this 1988 Dodge Travelaire we want to sell, but would like some opinions on it's value. It seems to be a rare motorhome.. I can't find much information online about it, or even a picture of this exact model. It has all original body and motor in very good condition for it's age.. only a few minor rust spots and starts up and runs great! We have it listed at $7500 obo and we are getting lots of interest... I'm just curious at to what it's actually worth. Any comments or ideas of it's value are appreciated

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1023475814

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #58

Rare RV's

This is a class B Motorhome. They don't have as much value as class A and class C Motorhomes. It's basically a conventional van they tried to convert into a Motorhome. I've seen many of these. But van versions don't work to well because they are so small and there is sitting room only compared to a regular Motorhome. It you try to stand up you'll bang your head in them. You might get as much $4500 for it. But a van RV has less value than a regular Motorhome Unfortunantly since it lacks the breathing room and living space of a regular RV. For example, ceiling that are 5 feet high rather than 8 feet high. These are a good weekend camper but won't work for the full time RVier.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #59
bap

not ssure how rare these are but i tried to find one before i went to buy this one today

its a 1968 nholiday rambler, about 20ft with single axle,,,she needs a good wash job and running/marker lights but otherwise good condition,,----very very happy with price and the fella threw in a hardtop for my old wrangler....lol

i will post up some pix when it gets daylight....

i for one love the older vancampers,,,i had a new one back in the 80s it was a vw,westafilia sincro meaning it was 4 wheel drive.....i misss it still..
Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #60

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvistheKing View Post
I know this seems an odd question but don't suppose you know the make and model of your hob/oven, I've got an '83 Soutwind and someone has swapped the original out for a smaller 2 ring one and I'd be interested in replacing it with something that a) has more rings, b) has a bigger oven and c) doesn't look quite so bodged in place ;-)
Sorry, been awhile just got back from a little road trip
The rig is a 1982 Pace Arrow by Fleetwood, P30 454 Chev big block, Just turned 52,000 miles
Thanks poster's for your compliments,
Its a Magic Chef same for the Microwave. I don't think its (Oven/Broiler) has ever been used not a crumb inside or a stain. It came with a broiler pan that was never used still in packaging . We used the oven once last year for making a pizza. This time a chicken hotdish, then I made a Egg bake the next morning "Yum" and used a 13x9 casserole pan for both meals.(will share recipes) I think you could add a few small casserole pans besides its a pretty deep oven. Worked flawlessly. We didn't need to use the broiler, both dishes browned perfectly.
The burners on the stove can be turned way down more than the GE stove @ the S&B's.
No electronic firing (match or grill lighter) ( best bet)

See Ya out there,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
not ssure how rare these are but i tried to find one before i went to buy this one today

its a 1968 nholiday rambler, about 20ft with single axle,,,she needs a good wash job and running/marker lights but otherwise good condition,,----very very happy with price and the fella threw in a hardtop for my old wrangler....lol

i will post up some pix when it gets daylight....

i for one love the older vancampers,,,i had a new one back in the 80s it was a vw,westafilia sincro meaning it was 4 wheel drive.....i misss it still..
I was just @ the local CW yesterday and a guy was looking at the new led Tear drop marker lights they had just installed on his older Airstream Trailer, looked "Magnificent" really nice and they were brite even on a sunny afternoon around 2 PM . I plan on changing mine on the 82 with leds like these Have you though about LED's?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #62
bap

i like those ALOT i may have to install them on all our tt,s...
thanks...
i do want led,s.....i know that...
Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #63

In this particular case any holiday rambler is valuable. Anything with the Holiday Rambler name always sells for more money. Wish someone would have mentioned that before.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:59 PM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianfem View Post
We have this 1988 Dodge Travelaire we want to sell, but would like some opinions on it's value. It seems to be a rare motorhome.. I can't find much information online about it, or even a picture of this exact model. It has all original body and motor in very good condition for it's age.. only a few minor rust spots and starts up and runs great! We have it listed at $7500 obo and we are getting lots of interest... I'm just curious at to what it's actually worth. Any comments or ideas of it's value are appreciated

1988 Dodge Travelaire | RVs, motorhomes | Kapuskasing | Kijiji
We traded our RoadTrek a couple of years ago (same era Dodge chassis as yours). Camping World put it on their lot at $13K and it sold in 48 hours. While they're small and not ideal for long term use, they make great travel vehicles and overnighters. But the biggest advantage is that they can be parked in the driveways and carports of communities that have restrictions against traditional RVs. That makes them a hot commodity in a lot of retirement communities.

I had redone the exterior of ours to make it a bit more stealth. Debadged, destriped, limo tint on all glass, dual exhaust w/ Flowmasters, alloy wheels, Michelins and new silver paint. The interior remained stock, but I built it to match our style and it appealed to younger buyers.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #65
bap

wow cimplex, after a few bad runs thDW and i got a lucky hit then,,,--i have lost my camera and would love to show a pic of it,,,--the dw already has plans for a new paint scheme, i have bleached washsed about everything off and getting ready for when the weather straightens up to start the prep work..it had been painted in the past and its starting to flake off,,,,but we will take care of that for sure...
Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #66

OK, so how is this for a rare combination. An '83 Revcon, with an even just a rare PC800 on the rear.

I started looking around and realized I don't have that many pictures of the front. Here is one on our most recent vacation.

I suppose what is most rare is that it is probably the most modified Revcon out there. While dropping a 502 in a Revcon has become somewhat common, its a little more rare with MPFI, and even more rare with the 4L85e conversion. Some of the other stuff is converted to disc brakes in the rear, converted to except Koni FSD shocks, machined bellcranks for tapered roller bearings and a highly modified front differential. There is a whole host of little things to, so many, I can't remember anymore. I'm guessing the coach has close to 200K miles on it, half of which are mine. And yes, it gets used year round.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Dave, very nice, I like the mods you have done also .
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Always liked the Pacific Coast. An '89 w/15K miles showed up on our local Classifieds yesterday for $1500. Tempting.

Vermin's adventures with Cack are legend.

Detroit to San Diego, Zen and the art of motorcycle negligence, - ADVrider
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #69

I am looking to convert all the lighting in my RV to led. I prefer it over standard incandescent lighting that consume far to much power.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #70

I am also looking to convert all the lighting in my RV to LED. Consumes far less power than the standard incandescent lights, and it's much easier on the eyes.

Tags
rvs