Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #155

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2travel View Post
No kidding - I wish just one time DW would see him and realize I am not the one...

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2travel View Post
We did ours this week and it does look great. Some idiot didn't think about before and after pics to compare and contrast.

I will say that the shine can bring out imperfections. Specifically (on ours), we had a small area under the dinette window that had delaminated. Before we put the RMP on you could see it if you were looking for it. Now it jumps out like a boil on the middle of your forehead. I wonder if I painted it red...

The other side of the coin is I had some tree limb type scratches from over the years that have disappeared.
Lol.. Nem had half the RV scrubbed clean before I asked him.. You took before pics right?

I have to agree with some of the imperfections being a ill more noticeable.. We could see like spiderweb scratches after applying the second coat.. Assumed same thing they had been markes left behind by branches. But u only see them in certain directions ... So I def would not fault the product's results for our small blemishes.

E.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRyder View Post
Lol.. Nem had half the RV scrubbed clean before I asked him.. You took before pics right?

I have to agree with some of the imperfections being a ill more noticeable.. We could see like spiderweb scratches after applying the second coat.. Assumed same thing they had been markes left behind by branches. But u only see them in certain directions ... So I def would not fault the product's results for our small blemishes.

E.
I have been tempted to color the delam bubble to look like a boil. After I gave DW a good listening to I decided against it.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #158

Attempted to ordered Max pro #3 (not in stock) in SE VA at lowes and was told that Red Max Pro was no longer stocked and not available by special order and that is being replaced by the ZEP product line as of March/april. Service center made serveral phone calls to verify this. Could this be a corporate decision or a regional decision?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #159

I found a different use for ZEP Wet Look Floor Finish(RMP#3) - - - FLOORS ! ! ! Imagine that.
It made my 36 year old Shinol-vinyl look almost new.

I used my Bissell Flip-It Hard Floor Cleaner and filled the cleaning fluid dispenser with ZEP. I could use the trigger to dispense the product. It is also a vacuum and I could use that if I dispensed too much finish. On the bottom is a Velcro'd Micro-fiber pad that is perfect for applying the ZEP.

I wouldn't advise using it on the outside of a motor home, but it would work great for hard floors on the inside. The top of my computer desk and counter tops are now shinny too.

I just rattle canned my sand rail A-arms and will try some ZEP on one side to see if the paint lasts longer. The sand already blew off the powder coat.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #160

RVhauler, I noticed HD has more finish floor products on a different aisle. They keep the high $ stuff up front. Didn't read any labels, but there might be something there that might work for the same price as RMP#3. The ZEP I bought at HD was $27.95, while the RMP at Lowe's was something like $17-20.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #161

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My understanding is that there is a Zeps High Traffic (not wet look) floor finish product with a step # 3 on the label, and that is the equivalent to RMP #3
This one...

It has the 20% acrylic solids like RMP.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #162

I went with the "Wet Look" because it said Acrylic 'leveling agent'. I don't think the "High Traffic" said that. It made me think it had longer open time. What's it say in the circle with the "3"
Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #163
Nem

Yup.....my Lowes showing discontinued .....bought the last one.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhauler View Post
Attempted to ordered Max pro #3 (not in stock) in SE VA at lowes and was told that Red Max Pro was no longer stocked and not available by special order and that is being replaced by the ZEP product line as of March/april. Service center made serveral phone calls to verify this. Could this be a corporate decision or a regional decision?
Check this link to see if it might be regional? It's showing available where I live. If it's available where you live, order it for "in store" pick up, and show it to whoever you were talking with?

Shop Red Max 128-Oz. Low Maintenance Floor Finish at Lowes.com
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #165

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I went with the "Wet Look" because it said Acrylic 'leveling agent'. I don't think the "High Traffic" said that. It made me think it had longer open time. What's it say in the circle with the "3"
It should be "step 3", since its a 4 step floor finishing system.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #166

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Check this link to see if it might be regional? It's showing available where I live. If it's available where you live, order it for "in store" pick up, and show it to whoever you were talking with?

Shop Red Max 128-Oz. Low Maintenance Floor Finish at Lowes.com

Ditto this; its showing as available in Corpus Christi (where we are now) and its in fact on the shelves at our local Lowe's.

It also shows as available in Dubuque Iowa and North Seattle.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #167

The wet look has no number. Just says to use Stripper, Sealer and Finish. Then use the cleaner to maintain it.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #168

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
The wet look has no number. Just says to use Stripper, Sealer and Finish. Then use the cleaner to maintain it.
Get the sealer, not the finish. If you bought finish, take it back, and exchange it.

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote