Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #365

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would suggest to test for any graphics that may bleed. Then carefully apply one coat of ZEP to all the graphics first before sealing the rest of the project.

I was a little bit sloppy when sealing my graphics and some areas had about a half inch of bleed that needed to be cleaned off the gelcoat before I finished it.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #366

Ford Super Duty Owner
I tried the spray bottle method but it didn't work. I think the liquid, while quite thin, was too thick for the spray bottle pump.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
I tried the spray bottle method but it didn't work. I think the liquid, while quite thin, was too thick for the spray bottle pump.
I was thinking using the spray bottle would not work but it worked just fine so try another one.
chevman
Larry Barnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #368

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
What product where you spraying, HTFP is almost as thin as water.
Maybe you had a bad spray bottle, this tip helped me immensely.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #369

Ford Super Duty Owner
We can no longer get Red Max Pro so I used ZEP Wet Look. Coulda been the sprayer itself ???

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #370

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wet look has more acrylic then RMP and Zep HTFP, maybe the acrylic dries too fast to use a spray bottle?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #371

I bought up using a sprayer and was referring to a paint sprayer to put it on an enclosed trailer. I've read of people using a spray bottle to apply it to a micro-fiber cloth, then on their MH.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #372

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dunner,
I used a spray bottle to spray onto a microfiber towel and it worked great with HTFP, did you try this with wet look?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #373

The wet look is water thin, too. I didn't try it in a spray bottle.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #374

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm about to wade in and try one of the featured items in this post.

It appears Red Max #3 is no longer marketed so Zep is now the product of choice.

The big question for me is, Zep Wet Look or High traffic, does the wet look take less applications?
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #375

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Apparently, Wet takes less coats, High Traffic is more durable..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #376

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Applying additional coats of HTFP is easy to do, it's the prep work that takes time. HTFP costs less too.

Reminder; earlier in this thread Zep was researched by another poster and HTFP was found to be the same product and manufacturer as RMP3.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #377

For some reason, the idea of covering my motohome with floor polish doesn't sit well with me....after all, I wouldn't cover my car with it. Don't you guys get drips, runs and rough spots (like orange peel or streaky rub marks)??

Maybe it's just because I have a smooth panels (that were like glass from the factory)?? I'm sure if you had textured fiberglass, it might look good.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mopar
For some reason, the idea of cover my motohome with floor polish doesn't sit well with me....after all, I wouldn't cover my car with it. Don't you guys get drips, runs and rough spots (like orange peel or streaks)??

Maybe it's just because I have a smooth panels (that were like glass from the factory)?? I'm sure if you had textured fiberglass, it might look good.
I did it on my new 2012 sportsmen 315th to protect it. Time will tell as far as longevity, but as far as runs drips orange peel or anything else there were no adverse affects. To me so far it has worked out well. Btw it has helped as for cleaning, road grime just wipes off effortlessly
guglipm63 is offline   Reply With Quote