Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #561

I will have to strip the red max pro #3 off of the dark green decals. It seems to flake. Only place with a problem so it will be fixed I hope after we arrive back to Wash St soon. Looks good for the 2nd winter in Az.
chevman

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #562

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am set to give it a shot...

have all the products, as soon as the snow clears and stay clear enough for me to get it done.

Was thinking about doing the hardtop on my Jeep Wrangler, since it is fiberglass, should not be an issue.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Barnhart View Post
I will have to strip the red max pro #3 off of the dark green decals. It seems to flake. Only place with a problem so it will be fixed I hope after we arrive back to Wash St soon. Looks good for the 2nd winter in Az.
chevman
What are you using to strip it with. I need to strip a small place on my RV where it didn't bond well, mostly where the decals are
Larry
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #564

What product are you using to strip the Red Max Pro #3 with? I have a couple of small spots that I need to do over.
Larry
Old 03-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #565

They sell a stripper for it at Home Depot/Lowes.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post
They sell a stripper for it at Home Depot/Lowes.

My best guess is I will buy the stripper for the product. I will come back after I do the job. Might not get it done before May.
chevman
Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #567

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
My best guess is I will buy the stripper for the product. I will come back after I do the job. Might not get it done before May.
chevman

Be careful guys, if it will strip the polish it may strip the decals.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #568

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow! I can't believe I read this entire thread in one sitting! This is some good information. I am still in the middle of my interior renovation, but I can grant you that I will do the Zep treatment as soon as I can. Thanks for the pointers.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #569

Cool UV protection

Red Max #3 - its an interior product so unlikely that it has any UV protection. And does it matter with a fiberglass shell?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #570

20 months of desert sun and ocean salt. Still shines except where I got to carried away with the bug scrapers on the front cap. Just recoated those spots.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
20 months of desert sun and ocean salt. Still shines except where I got to carried away with the bug scrapers on the front cap. Just recoated those spots.
Thanks ... I don't think you can ask more of a product ... fantastic !! Started mine 2 days ago (doing it in 4ths). The difference is quite remarkable. After about 4 hours (in 88 degrees) of work I still walk away grinning.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #572

Had a few minor issues today and have a few tips (they may have been mentioned):

1) max working temp seems to be about 85 degrees ambient. Dark colors get streaks very quickly at that temp.

2) change the microfiber applicator rag frequently .... as soon as it starts to feel stiff use a new one. The stiff rag will begin to deposit crystals of dried Zep on the finish.

3) if you don't finish and need to use the spray applicator again, empty contents, wash in fresh water and pump it several times ... if not, it will clog overnight.

I'll get a much earlier start tomorrow ... it was 84 by 10am at the storage facility in Fl. I attempted to work up until noon and wound up needing to do touch-up.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #573

I decided this is the best way for me. Wal-Mart sells favored water for 68 cent a bottle. It is a tough plastic bottle. Drink the water and rinse out and dry. Do the same on a 2nd bottle. Pour the product you are using in the clean bottle. Take the cap and drill a small hole in it. Now turn the bottle over and spill into the micro cloth. when done for the day use the 2nd bottle cap to save what is left in the 1st bottle. This worked better for me than the spray bottle I bragged about earlier.

chevman
Old 05-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #574

Quote:
I decided this is the best way for me. Wal-Mart sells favored water for 68 cent a bottle. It is a tough plastic bottle. Drink the water and rinse out and dry. Do the same on a 2nd bottle. Pour the product you are using in the clean bottle. Take the cap and drill a small hole in it. Now turn the bottle over and spill into the micro cloth. when done for the day use the 2nd bottle cap to save what is left in the 1st bottle. This worked better for me than the spray bottle I bragged about earlier.

chevman
I'm thinkin' I'll drink the water, pack everything up, and go to the beach

Seriously though .... I'll give it a try.

BTW, Home Depot gives 10% discount for vets thru Memorial Day weekend ... might be the time to pick up more Zep products and microfiber rags.