Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #659

Ok finally it worked. 5 applications of poli glo today. Looks the same as it did 3 years ago with red max pro #3. One bottle almost used up so another is on the way. If I was doing both front and back it would be a 3 bottle purchase. $70.00 a bottle.

chevman
Larry Barnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #660

Is this an add page for poli-glo? Ha Ha Went to amazon to buy 32 oz bottle. Didn't want the whole kit. They were out of stock! Maybe we need to start a new post called " Poli-glo, is it any better" to follow the long term results. Haven't got all my RMP 3 off yet.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #661

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Zep High Gloss looks as good as when I put it on. It will be two years in July. Keeping my fingers crossed. I didn't use the High Traffic because a friend who does commercial floors told me that the word "Durable" or "High Traffic" also means, by design, hard to remove...
Old 07-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #662

Solo Rvers Club
Has anyone tried Zep Wet Look floor finish ?
fsteve65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #663

I first coated my Allegro almost 3 years ago I just put a refresher coat no last week after cleaning my roof . I followed the original postings when I first did my coach scrubbed all old oxidation off wash all bkf off and applied thin coats with micro fiber towel and it looked great. When I applied the refresher coat on I washed it with Dawn soap and my soft RV brush let it dry completely then applied a thin coat of Zep wet look with a micro fiber towel. I have been looking for any yellowing or flaking as it sits out side about 80% of the time here in Texas have not seen any. I started with the wet look Zep and have stayed with it sorry to hear some have had flaking and yellowing. This stuff has saved a ton of work all my other coaches I hand waxed and spent a ton of $ on all types of waxes. If I had continued to hand wax I would have waxed my coach 6 or 8 times in the past 3 years. keep them shining
bakerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #664

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsteve65 View Post
Has anyone tried Zep Wet Look floor finish ?
I think you would be better off with the high traffic floor polish. It is the equivalent of Red Max Pro. Read both labels carefully. I know the wet look stuff doesn't hold up like the Red Max Pro. Personal Experience.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #665

Solo Rvers Club
Thanks I will give the High Traffic version a try .
fsteve65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #666

I used zep high traffic on my 1995 Brave earlier this summer and am really happy with the results. I tried a mess of different products over the last 3yrs but nothing worked as well as the zep
indie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #667

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
My Zep High Gloss looks as good as when I put it on. It will be two years in July. Keeping my fingers crossed. I didn't use the High Traffic because a friend who does commercial floors told me that the word "Durable" or "High Traffic" also means, by design, hard to remove...
Update, it is April of 15 and my rear cap is starting to show some signs of the finish breaking down. As soon as the pollen here in eastern NC stops I will re-prep and refinish with a couple of coats. That is almost three years of use so I am very happy. One note PREP WORK is the key don't try and shortcut and you will be happy too.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #668

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
One note PREP WORK is the key don't try and shortcut and you will be happy too.
You have nailed it. A poorly or incorrectly prepped surface will not support RMP/Zep well, and I'd bet that 80% of the people who are unhappy with it, are unhappy because of inadequate prep.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #669

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One thing I will add as a cautionary. Do NOT go to the Blue Beacon truck wash if you applied the Zep. I went three times and the last time it really ruined this finish. The strange thing was it was just on one side. I can only think they might have use some type of degreaser or other chemical on the one side since the spray from both sides.
When I got to my summer camp last year I gave it a good washing with detergent and a little bleach. I applied 2 more coats and its looked great ever since. I usually wash with the Aerowash, (its a dry aircraft wash) and when I'm somewhere they let you wash with water I use turtle wax car wash.
After 3 years, I do notice a slight yellowing on the white parts of the front and rear cap.
I'm out in the Southwest for almost 6 months, so that is to be expected.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #670

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tuck wash

The truck wash places have a pretty severe degreaser in their wash foam. If you ask they can switch to the milder wash and they will flush out the sprayers before putting in the RV. I had a guy at Ruther Glenn VA tell me that. Sometimes they may not if you are in a line of trucks but you can ask before the wait.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #671

spent 3 days on prep work. Applied RMP-3 as described on this blog. Was estatic with the results for 2 1/2 years. Then it went bad. Yellow and flakeing off. Real bear to remove. I removed all but one side. It finally flaked off 2 years later. IF I ever get the energy, it is Poli-glo for me. For now, dull is kind of cool!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #672

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
spent 3 days on prep work. Applied RMP-3 as described on this blog. Was estatic with the results for 2 1/2 years. Then it went bad. Yellow and flakeing off. Real bear to remove. I removed all but one side. It finally flaked off 2 years later. IF I ever get the energy, it is Poli-glo for me. For now, dull is kind of cool!
So, you got a shine for four and a half years out of a product designed for indoor floors, and costs about twelve dollars. Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

Actually, a quick wash down, and a single recoat every spring and you'd have been fine. Let us know how the Poli-Glow works out in comparison. I'm sure there are plenty here who'd like so see a valid comparison.