Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #71

I bought another gallon of the red max pro #3 yesterday. Lots of red bottles but just two of the #3. Because of the red max on going story I looked and it did have ZEP listed. Lowes was the store.
chevman
Larry Barnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #72

National RV Owners Club
After reading through this thread we decided to give the Red Max Pro #3 a shot at shining up our 1997 National Seabreeze. We followed the steps in the tutorial found on this thread and we were VERY pleased with the results. I will try to attach some before and after pics. It is a little hard to tell in the photos but on the bottom portion of our MH it was DULL no shine at all and now it shines beautifully. We highly recommend this product, works great!! Thanks for all the tips, what a great thread!

The first 3 pics are before and the last 3 are after
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6655.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	12966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6660.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	12967  

Name:	IMG_6669.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	12968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6685.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	12969  

Name:	IMG_6684.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	12970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6686.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	12971  

lv2huntbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #73

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great pix!

Ain't it grand when you can look at your old girl and you can't quit smiling? Red Max Pro is amazing stuff- I'm so grateful to the first guy who used it.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #74

I'm going to have to do this... my 93 HR needs wax BAD!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #75

I keep our fifth entry steps painted to keep them looking good. Alittle touch of black paint and 2 shots of red max pro #3. ten years old going 6 months. Don't stop with the rv sides get everything shiney.
chevman
Old 08-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #76

Red Pro cleaning

starting the cleaning of my 94 Kountry Air Newmar and when I got outside this morning to inspect my progress I was not sure if Iam doing things right. I did about an eighth of the motorhome last night with the bar keepers friend and white scrubbie and this morning I still have a like powder surface still on it. I used a hose after each little spot I did with the BKF. Does this mean that I didn't get all the bkf off or is there just still more oxidation on it?? Starting on the opposite side of the motorhome today where the sun isn't hitting it.
marjoriey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #77

You need to wipe as you rinse. It can leave a residue.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #78

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I use either Dawn (or any dish liquid) or TSP in water to wash with after the BKF. I don't think just rinsing is sufficient to get rid of the residue from the oxidation you're removing..

Its like rinsing off dust; just doesn't seem to work

Old 08-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #79

I went and redid the one side of the motorhome again and then I used dawn and a car brush and rewashed the side I just did. It seemed to help. I guess after I do the rest of the motorhome it is then time for TSP. The gray color on are boxes seem to be fading will that stay like that when I apply the Red Pro or will it bring color back.
marjoriey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #80

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I know the Red Max will bring back the shiny black again.

I used it on our mirrors and bumpers, which were oxidized and gray and they came out black like new. With other colors, the effect should be the same; the oxidation should be overcome with the RMP so the original color comes back.

I think if you've done a thorough job with the Bar Keeper's Friend, all you need to do is wash with Dawn OR the TSP. No need for both.

At this point in the process, you won't get beauty- you're just trying for that nice clean surface with no dusty or powdery residue. Don't obsess about it, just do a normally good cleaning job and move on to the next step.

When you start to apply the Red Max Pro, the first few coats will be disappointing- remember, very thin coats wiped on (like wiping dust off a kitchen table with a damp rag).

Depending on how bad the surface was to start with, 3, 4 or 5 coats will bring back the gloss. Just stop when you don't see any more improvement in the shine

Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #81

It worked wonders on my old coach. Still have 1/2 bottle left but going to Lowes and buy another before the price goes up.
nalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
so you use red max pro to do the fiberglass and the basement too? i think mines aluminum , no wax just red max pro ? thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
so you use red max pro to do the fiberglass and the basement too? i think mines aluminum , no wax just red max pro ? thanks
Red Max Pro is a wax. A floor wax.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Red Max Pro is a wax. A floor wax.

We all know what it is. It is awesome.
chevman