Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #99

I might have a chance to show you if the pictures comes up.
chevman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red max pro #3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	13866  
Larry Barnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #100

Come on, you just bought that MH, didn't you.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #101

2001 35 ft alpenlite avalon ordered in October 2000 to be built in March 2001. Over 5 years living in it and next thursday another over 6 months is waiting for it to make us nice and cozy until April 1st 2012. Eat your heart out because it is not a MH. Love to tease MH folks that could upgrade to a fifthwheel.
chevman
Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #102

I bought some ZEP Wet Look Floor Finish($27) from HD because Lowe's only had RMP #2. It didn't turn out right on the tailgate door on my enclosed trailer. Had to use some ZEP Heavy Duty Floor Stripper to get it off. What are you guys using to apply it with and how wet is the applicator. I used Bar Keeper's Helper, rinsed it good and applied it with a flannel towel, buffer bonnet, Swiffer dry pad and maybe a couple other thing. It did not come out with the Wet Look.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #103

It take very little product applied maybe 4 times. I used the round micro fiber applicater for the regular wax but had a round knob handle to hold but the micro cloth would work better maybe. almost can't do it ok unless you use more than needed. I can see a few small runs if I get my eyes up close but not a problem. I hope you are jealous of my picture, you earned it. chevman
Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #104

I would post pictures, but I have to learn how to transfer them to this site and from the camera to the computor. Trying to now get things all checked out to go out snowbirding in 4 weeks
marjoriey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #105

Is there a limit on Snowbirds?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #106

Red Max Pro #3 and milky white streaks

Oh boy, think I need some help! My husband and I started putting our first coat on. I wiped on lightly with a sponge which did cause a few bubbles but I just squeezed my sponge out a little more. My husband, who has a tendency to over-do, really rubbed & in circles, and now there are milky white circular streaks where he applied. Does anyone know about the stripper? If this might hurt the painted surface on our motorhomes? Any other suggestions? Need Help ASAP!
Trina30064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #107

See post #102. The back door on my trailer is painted. If you use your finger and a rag to remove a run, it tends to remove the paint, but you have to rub hard and a lot.

Was that ASAP enough?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Is there a limit on Snowbirds?

I believe there is a limit on snowbirds, it is called the sky chevman
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #109

Since I already had a bottle, today I applied Mop & Glo to the front end cap and to the rear end cap. Did the Bar Keepers Friend first, washed off all the BKF residue and started the main job. I first used a small sponge but it created a lot of bubbles. Switched to an old wash cloth and it worked much better. Even having to do 4-5 coats, much easier than "wax on / wax off". Both ends look really great. Now debating on doing the sides. The sides do just fine with normal car wax or Protectall so I may just wait and see how the end caps hold up.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #110

I was at HD today and was amazed at all the floor finishes they had. No RMP, but they had a lot of others.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #111

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
In all the two RV's I've had since Y2K, I've never had an issue with the sides going bad.. just the front and rear caps. Don't know why. I know one side and the front cap get all the sun. Front caps "chalk" big time.. sides.. never. I've still to try RMP.. but, probably will.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
See post #102. The back door on my trailer is painted. If you use your finger and a rag to remove a run, it tends to remove the paint, but you have to rub hard and a lot.

Was that ASAP enough?
Thank you Dunner. You did good on quick reply. I definitely was in a panic when I asked you guys my question cause it looked awful and like it was going to take a lot more work to straighten this out but......actually decided to just try another coat and 'watch' it dry. Figured what did I have to loose? Haven't been able to see the sun on it, which I think will tell the true tale, but it seems to be doing the trick???? Will let you know.
Trina30064 is offline   Reply With Quote