Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #113

As you've read, it take at least 4 coats to get it right. When I used the stripper, it was pushing 100 and it says to not let the product dry. I put it on and blotted it every couple of minutes so it could soak the runs. Then I rubbed it well before hosing it off. Re-stripped where needed.

Greatwhite, you might try a small area first to see if it works like you want.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #114

Wink red max pro # 3

Red Max is a Lowe's brand. It is made by Zep. You can find the same product at Home Depot in the cleaning aisle. It is called Zep floor finish #3. Make sure you get the "wet look" container. That is the same as Red Max Pro #3.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcanuck1 View Post
Red Max is a Lowe's brand. It is made by Zep. You can find the same product at Home Depot in the cleaning aisle. It is called Zep floor finish #3. Make sure you get the "wet look" container. That is the same as Red Max Pro #3.

What I got costs $27.99. I must have used the wrong applicator, product or put it on wrong as it didn't come out like others have posted. There is no #3 on the jug. It's called "ZEP Professional Strength Wet Look Floor Finish", and has a yellow and black label on a dark blue jug.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #116

Red Max Pro #3 - Before & After Pictures

Finally, got some before & after pictures to show you guys with the Red Max Pro 3 after asking you guys questions and decided to try it on our 1997 Winnabago Adventurer that lives outside with only a tarp covering the top. We've used the motorhome wash & wax type cleaners and had oxidation. No more! Yea! After much work and elbow grease, was finally able to apply the Red Max Pro and, OHGoodness, what a awesome difference it has made. And want to thank all of you that responded to any of my SOS posts regarding this. You guys are always so helpful. I didn't do as good at getting enough before pictures but enough so that you can really see the difference. It's awesome! Hopeful that over the long haul, ease of care will be what it's said to be. Already had the opportunity to clean off 'bird-do' and pecan stains which normally take using some type of rubbing compound to get rid of but not this time! Again AWESOME. Just wiped with a damp cloth and stains GONE!
Am a Happy Camper now......

For pictures, go to Motorhome Before & After Red Max Pro #3 09-23-11 - a set on Flickr
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #117

I want to know why people are using Bar Keepers Friend @ $2.39 for a 12 oz can when you can get Comet No Scratch @ $.99 for a 21 oz can?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #118

Easy for me to tell why I used bar keeper's. Because I had never heard of it and the first person to tell me about the red max pro said to use it. i thought the same as you after I used the BKF.
chevman
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #119

I un-knowingly bought it for the same reason when I bought the ZEP Wet Look Floor Polish from HD. Lowe's didn't have the RMP#3.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #120

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Does Comet No-Scratch have oxalic acid in it? That's what gives BKF its bleaching/rust cutting action.

If it does, then it sounds like a bargain.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #121

I was told last night at Lowes they are going to drop the Red Max Pro product line and no longer going to carry. He got on Lowes computer and said it was a drop product. If he knew what he was talking about
Don M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #122

Comet Cleaning Products

Disinfectant Cleanser With Bleach & Comet faqs for questions about specific surfaces.

This cleanser not only bleaches tough stains, it disinfects while it cleans.
It's ideal for most tough cleaning problems around the house.
And since it's also scratch free, you can use it on most delicate surfaces.

Pardon my ignorance and not wanting to start a religious debate, but isn't "Is Comet kosher?" going a bit far by wanting a kosher cleaning product?

Don M, that explains why Lowe's didn't have the RMP#3. I got the "ZEP Wet Look" at HD and it cost me $27.99. I didn't know it when I bought the ZEP, but they do have a lot of other, cheaper liquid floor waxes though.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #123

Workhorse Chassis Owner
can somebody post pictures of the bottle of red max or zep from lowes and hd? thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #124

It's hard to miss the "ZEP" "Wet Look Floor Finish" at HD. Pretty Blue gallon bottle with a Yellow and Black label. Don't know about the RMP#3, but Google is your friend.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #125

Hey... ZEP Wet Look Floor Finish works on other stuff too. Like 4 coats on a 35 year old counter top.

I might even try it on a floor.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman60 View Post
I did stop by lowes today and they did have this product and at the price everyone said it was.
My Question is: On the directions and I realize per there instructions they using it for a floor. They say to poor the product into a bucket and dip your lambs wool into it and stroke the floors. I am familiar with redoing hardwood floors and poly urethane them, Do you just apply the product on to a microfiber towel and brush it on to the coach, or do you poor the gallon into the bucket and submerge the towel and apply it like a brush stroke? Some you have used this product with great results and I have seen some great pictures of the after effects. I would appreciate your alls input. Thank you all so much. Tony
To apply, someone else had recommended any type of squirt bottle, i.e. old plastic mustard bottle, that type of bottle to put the RMP in. I used an 'empty and very washed out' johnny cleaner bottle. Easy to hold on to, crooked neck, and squirt a little on your microfiber cloth as you go. No need to dip and squeeze out cause you can put just enough each time. Worked great for me. No drips, no bubbles. Great finish!