Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Red Max Pro #3 Question

I did stop by lowes today and they did have this product and at the price everyone said it was.
My Question is: On the directions and I realize per there instructions they using it for a floor. They say to poor the product into a bucket and dip your lambs wool into it and stroke the floors. I am familiar with redoing hardwood floors and poly urethane them, Do you just apply the product on to a microfiber towel and brush it on to the coach, or do you poor the gallon into the bucket and submerge the towel and apply it like a brush stroke? Some you have used this product with great results and I have seen some great pictures of the after effects. I would appreciate your alls input. Thank you all so much. Tony
vman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Use a damp microfiber cloth and apply a thin coat or it will run. I used a microfiber covered sponge that I poured a little RMP on and covered about 3' x 3' then poured on a little more.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I've also been looking at Redmax Pro as well. Is it available in 1 gallon containers? All I see is 5 gallons on my local Lowes Website.
Ragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes, Lowe's should have it in one gallon containers. Keep looking; my store had #3 in one spot, the #2 in another, and the stripper in a third. I'll bet you can get them to order it for you if they don't carry it for some reason.

Ditto applying with the microfiber cloth; a sponge creates little bubbles you'll need to wipe out before they dry. Just dip in your little container of #3, wring it out so its not drippy, and wipe. THIN LAYERS. You can also use a squeeze bottle (like for dish soap) to put small amounts of the finish on your cloth.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #5

It's on aisle #10. Took me a while to find it, I was looking in the paint and varnish section.

I poured about 2 cups into a small container and submerged a cloth in the Red Max Pro and squeezed out all the excess and wiped it on. 5 coats later, it looked like new. Make sure you use rubber gloves.

Red Max Pro is a coating so make sure the surface is clean. Any dirt or marks will show through.

Good luck, You'll like the results.
nalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you all for your input and information. I plan on using a little simple green and a dab of dawn in a bucket of water along with a 2500psi pressure washer to clean it 1st. Then wipe it all down with alcohol, then apply the redmax. I have used this wash combination on the toughest of grime and dirt, inclusing my brand new Ford F150 supercrew lariat 4x4 and the bugs and what not just wipe right off. So thanks again for all of you help. Tony
Old 06-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #7

What is this product used for?

ptysonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Red Max Pro #3 is a floor finish that will put a like-new shine on old oxidized fiberglass. Just wipe on and let dry; no rubbing or buffing. It takes about 4 or 5 coats to get a great shine.

It has been extensively used in the vintage trailer and MH community, does not yellow or peel, and only requires a single refresher coat once a year to keep looking great.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
+1 on the RMP - slapped it on my '88 Bounder a couple of weeks ago and it's the bee's knees. PREP is the key, though - if you leave any dirt or grime on the bus, you'll have really shiny dirt or grime for about 8 months or so.

Remember to get the #3 product, out of the four steps that RMP has. (Stripper, Cleaner, Polish and Sealer, I think they are...)

It's found in the FLOOR CARE aisle of most Lowes. If you don't have a Lowe's nearby, or they are out or claim ignorance, ZEP Floor Polish at Home Depot is the same product (ZEP makes both products and simply rebrands the one it sells to Lowes)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman60 View Post
Thank you all for your input and information. I plan on using a little simple green and a dab of dawn in a bucket of water along with a 2500psi pressure washer to clean it 1st. Then wipe it all down with alcohol, then apply the redmax. I have used this wash combination on the toughest of grime and dirt, inclusing my brand new Ford F150 supercrew lariat 4x4 and the bugs and what not just wipe right off. So thanks again for all of you help. Tony
I am guessing but I feel that isn't enough . Atleast washing it after that using TSP. Cleaning it seems to be the most important for a good job.
chevman
Larry Barnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #11

What you see prior to the application is going to be what you see under the shine when done... The Red Max Pro is NOT a cleaner! The best jobs are a direct result of a ton of prep work! Play with it on a small area first for an idea of what to expect. If you don't like the way it turns out, you can strip it (a major PIA) and start over.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
As with anything that you want to look its best, its always the prep work. What is TSP that was mentioned earlier?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Tri Sodium Phosphate; find it in the paint prep aisle

Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Tri Sodium Phosphate; find it in the paint prep aisle
Thanks Chief!! You come through again. Now is that a product that you would use 1st and scrub with a scotchbright pad? Then go over it with what I am going to use? Does it have any ill effect on old fiberglass?