Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2016, 06:47 AM   #15

Keeping her vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschaub View Post
I hate covering wood grain with ugly white paint. Honestly I hate modern "style" in general since it's so antiseptic and soulless. I do like granite and stainless steel though. I can't imagine using granite in an rv though due to the weight.
We're going to update her but stay with the original them. And, we're not going to have to replace too much. We do plan to update some things and she'll have some modern touches, but we both love all things old - prefer a good quality antique over something new made out of press-board, etc. We have a massive amount of original Tupperware - much of it from the 70's - that we inherited from her mother. We're having fun finding things that will be both useful and look great. We'll recover the couches but I adore the blue chair and she just needs to be cleaned. None of the appliances need to be replaced. But there will be no polyester anywhere! LOL
only1kyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #16

Actually, why not two fold out couch beds? The only time you need the beds is for sleeping. With space at a premium it makes good RV sense to have your furniture serve multiple purposes.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #17

Just an example... I know some people don't like to paint over wood but here are before and after pics of my interior. I left the darker look in rear bedroom area.

77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
I know some people don't like to paint over wood
But for the most part, you didn't paint over wood. The "wood" walls are just printed vinyl laminated to the wall panels.

I'm not anti-wood. I'm against ugly wood and ugly printed fake wood. Con-Tact paper used to really popular.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideas needed, remodel, vintage motorhomes, vintage remodel