Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #15

Thanks! Will go look for some!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicknnhead View Post
Emd_Driver: on that sunliner your friends have. how did they prep it for paint

My MH has the same siding and I would love to paint it but not sure how to prep a surface like that. i can get someone to spray it for me, but i gotta do the prep work
Since their siding was aluminum, I believe they lightly sanded it. Just enough to give the new paint something to stick to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #17

I would like to paint the outside of my 1990 Fleetwood Pace Arrow any one have any ideas. Im open to all Ideas like for it to be kind of cool.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #18

Hey some of ya'll may know me and some may not, but I have a 1990 Fleetwood Pace arrow I call Stevie Nick because I love Fleetwood Mac and there music. I would like to paint the exterior side of my M/H because I have a couple of places around the conor of my window that is ugly yes due to water damage and I can't afford to have it painted so any ideas I'am all ears I hope you know what I'am trying to say. I have paint equipment and a good airconprusses.Sorry about my spelling I will try and do better!!HELP Pleaseeeeee..
Oh yea I have stop or fixed the water leak
Old 08-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Carl Bice
Quote:
Originally Posted by grits58 View Post
Hey some of ya'll may know me and some may not, but I have a 1990 Fleetwood Pace arrow I call Stevie Nick because I love Fleetwood Mac and there music. I would like to paint the exterior side of my M/H because I have a couple of places around the conor of my window that is ugly yes due to water damage and I can't afford to have it painted so any ideas I'am all ears I hope you know what I'am trying to say. I have paint equipment and a good airconprusses.Sorry about my spelling I will try and do better!!HELP Pleaseeeeee..
Oh yea I have stop or fixed the water leak

If You already have the equipment to paint it, just get a high quality paint of your choosing, and paint it, it's just like painting anything else, just on a larger scale, prep is the main issue, after that, spray away..Need to post some updated pics of mine as I am repainting also..
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #20

I have begin sanding & patching little dings in the fiberglass, thinking I am going to go with desert tan/brown look.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #21

re paint

So I need to sand the whole motor home I am going to repaint. It's 34 ft. long and where can I fine some throw away paint stencil for waves or something to blend in to my two bumps that was caused by water damage, they have a name for the bumps but can't spell it...Thanks BC
Old 08-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #22

Most cities have an auto paint supply store, in Mesa AZ we had Space Age and they made sure my motorcycle got repainted every couple months!