Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #15

Just an updatefor all; I talked with the K.C. Trailer Service and Supply, based out of Oregon; however, they have warehouses through out the U.S. and I purchased the 20' awning Carefree of Colorado Simplicity Plus RV Awning 20' NEW | eBay.

I appreciate everyone's help and information. I plan on getting my brother to help me install i; I'll provide an update to all in a few weeks.
The total price came to $719, much better then the $1569.

Thanks again to all, much appreciated.
Todd

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gosh, you could put one of those on each side of the rig and still be spending less than the original quote!

Just one more thing-
There may be a market for your old awning, even though it's beat up...
Somebody might want to take a stab at fixing it if the price is right, plus you won't have to dispose of it!
Take it off as carefully as you can, salvaging everything, and put an ad on your local Craigslist...

You might be able to get back some of the cost of the new one!

Francesca

Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Gosh, you could put one of those on each side of the rig and still be spending less than the original quote!

Just one more thing-
There may be a market for your old awning, even though it's beat up...
Somebody might want to take a stab at fixing it if the price is right, plus you won't have to dispose of it!
Take it off as carefully as you can, salvaging everything, and put an ad on your local Craigslist...

You might be able to get back some of the cost of the new one!

Francesca
Excellent idea Francesca..........thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
K.C. Rv and Trai;ller Company has been in the Denver area for over 25 yrs that I know of. A reputable dealer. I worked in Denver before retiring. Anything under 1200.00 installed is a good deal.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #19

Upadate on Awning replacement:
The Carefree of Colorado awning arrived via UPS, it was in good shape.
My brother and I removed the old awning and installed the new awning. It only took us about 3 hours total. This was a first for both of us, my wife helped when threading the awning roll to the awning rail.
To sum the job up, it went really well and the awning looks great.
If I had to offer a helpful hint; apply WD-40 or teflon lubricant to the awning rail and the awning, it was a big help in getting the awning to slide smoothly in the rail.
I would highy recommend purchasing an awning from K.C. Trailer Service and Supply (Carefree of Colorado Simplicity Plus RV Awning 20' NEW | eBay), based out of Oregon. I'm in no way affiliated with this company.

Also, I'm giving the old awning to a friend at church, who plans on repairing and placing on his house, in return, he's going to work on my generator - win/win!!
I saved approximately $800 plus dollars by not having an RV dealer order/perform this task.

Thanks again to all, much appreciated.
Todd
Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club

Hooray!
That's one for our side!
Glad to hear it worked out so well- I'll bet you're pleased as punch.
I always love it when one of us goes ahead and does a job that starts out looking so intimidating.

Now get out there and go camping!

Francesca

Tags
awning, replacement