Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old girls View Post
LOL! Yep! Hopefully, we will, one day, be able to laugh at the memories. I figure I have nothing to lose and will learn a lot in the process. As far as the primer is concerned, I have personnally found that I prefer to follow the directions that the manufacturer has advised rather than someone who may or may not know what they're talking about. In addition, if something fails, you may have recourse with the company if you followed their directions and it didn't work as indicated. JMHO.

Advise provided is directly from the manufactures instructions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
Advise provided is directly from the manufactures instructions.
Whoops! I think I must have missed something. I meant my remark as a general statement regarding some sales associates at the local "box" store. Some, not all, salespeople may not know a product well and give incorrect information. I'm so sorry if I offended. Not my intention.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #45

Oh gezzzzz,I'm just the sensitive type.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
your right about the sales people, guess I better go get some primer like it says on the can, LOL, I think I am gonna have to pull the side molding and try to get the roof to lay flat, when I am up there the metal roof is like a title wave so guess that will come first, after it stops raining of corse, there is ton of work to do inside in the mean time, LOL
Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #47

Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by buehler740 View Post
your right about the sales people, guess I better go get some primer like it says on the can, LOL, I think I am gonna have to pull the side molding and try to get the roof to lay flat, when I am up there the metal roof is like a title wave so guess that will come first, after it stops raining of corse, there is ton of work to do inside in the mean time, LOL
Where do you live that you get so much rain? Pulling the side moulding sounds like tricky business. I guess I'm speaking more about putting it back on. There is always something to do "in the meantime", isn't there? Right now I am at a cg and brought my ladder just in case I felt like doing some waxing!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
I live in Michgan, if it aint raining the trees are raining seeds on the roof, I aint winning in that department, LOL, really just a waiting game as far as the weather and the trees dropping seeds dont really have anywhere to take it to seal it, thinking maybe the roof isnt that waveing maybe just can seal it and it will protect us, so much else to do, still working on trying to get the floor replaced, and trying to get the little bit of celing that is left in it scraped out for new celing, now that its dry its harder to get out, mostly where the cross beams are but there are metal ones going across so thats good, just gotta keep picking away at it, lots of people here in Michigan are fixing up their trailers to live in, losing their jobs and homes left and right, so I am to, the trailer means not giving up my 5 cats, that I could never do, we'll die together first before I let happen, the worst of all of this is hubby wont even offer to help with anything, I am not very good at all this repair stuff so It wont be as good as a carpenter but I am trying to do the best I can, trailer just has to protect me and the furkids from the elements, hubby has plenty family to go to, me and the furkids do not have any family, well a brother but he cant help with anythihg, benn disabled for years now so its just me and the furkids and we will be fine in it somehow
Old 05-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #50

Hey, Chris. You have a lot on your plate, for sure. What are your plans when you are finished with the TT? Not that we are ever really finished! Will you travel? or find a more permanent spot? What about a job? Any prospects out there for you? It is unfortunate that you don't have any help on this, but I know you can do it and just hang in there, ok?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
I finally finished the roof, golly took forever to scrape all the old stuff off but now finished and sealed, and it looks so good and so happy that part is done, I put the tarp back on to keep it pretty for awhile, LOL 100_5574 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots