Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #43

Gulf Streamers Club
While you have access with the roof off, need to run all wiring you might need in future. As an example, all of the 14" x 14" cutouts now for vents and air conditioners need to have both 120v and 12v wiring. Of course if your plan is to also have the interior ceiling off at another time then that wiring can be done at that time. Great progress you are making.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #44

Mel s - thanks for link to Safari murals - sent pic to site and got a response from DonBradner saying he didn't know if he had ever seen an earlier one from Randy or not but was definitely one of his early ones - he has posted it on his site - thanks again.

Got roofing material in today from PPL today -- didn't order until last Thursday night!! Couldn't ask for much better service than that. Did order 6 extra tubes of lap sealant that was not in box? They may have shipped it separate, not sure, will be checking into it tomorrow -- thanks davedeb1 for recommendation

ronspradley - have already put some thought into adding or upgrading electrical and other wiring - everything seems to be working ok ( even old B/W backup camera )but upgrades will include new tv's - stereo - lighting ect. Plans are to replace ceiling throughout but tv cables are run through top of webs so I will replace them while top is off - Great idea to have 12 volt and 110 in some areas - hadn't thought of that -

Will keep y'all posted - pabell
Pabell90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #45

Managed to get in about half a day on top - first half spent doing yard work ( hate to weed eat ) hope to spend most of the day tomorrow on coach - repaired area at kitchen exhaust fan - here's before and after
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	99193  
Old 07-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #46

After
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	103
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	99194  
Old 07-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #47

Nice... Always liked the before and after shots on a project like this. Keep them coming.

-cheers
Piker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:37 AM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Pabell,
I know it gets frustrating not having the time you want to spend on the renovations, but you are doing excellent work and the end result will be something that you can be very proud of.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #49

Spent most of the day working on top - only had to remove one more damaged rib but scabbed several on the sides of the ones that looked dark or in areas where I thought extra support was necessary - everywhere there is an opening in top now has a double rib on both sides - got all old insulation removed - keeping old sheets of plywood on top for walk boards but did take a picture to show progress - please feel free to make any suggestions of anything I should do before I start replacing insulation - thinking I may add styrofoam under fiberglass - can't imagine who would have put the black sealer on the top of the fiberglass roof - A/C units didn't stand a chance in this Fla heat.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	97
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	99292  
Old 07-06-2015, 06:28 AM   #50

Freightliner Owners Club
Looking good Pabell, the only things that I can think of would be the 12v and 110v wiring to the vent openings and the satellite and TV antenna cabling along with any solar wiring if you are putting solar panels up there. As far as insulation, whatever gives the highest R value for the space and don't forget the vapor barrier.
Frank
Old 07-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #51

Managed a few minutes the past couple afternoons to go inside and remove small vanity between bath and bedroom - walk area was so tight and vanity was somthing we would never use anyway - setting up coach for me and wife and with over 38 years together privacy not a problem - rather have room in bedroom to move around --- here's before
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	118
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	99466  
Old 07-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #52

Here's after - didn't realize was a little blurry till I started to post -- sorry
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	112
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	99467  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:48 AM   #53

Freightliner Owners Club
Pabell,
That really opened things up.
Frank
Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #54

Frank
With no slides bedroom / bath was very tight - also will be able to use power from vanity to supply 110 to 14in vent openings ( already had 12 volt ) as you had suggested eariler - thanks for following along and making suggestions to help
Old 07-09-2015, 07:00 AM   #55

Freightliner Owners Club
Pabell,
That is the whole idea of this site, to share our experiences and try to help when we can. Have you thought about maybe a folding dorr to close the bathroom off, in case you have company?I was thinking about one that has a track top and bottom to follow the curve that you already have the outline of? Just something to think about.
Frank
Old 07-09-2015, 07:29 AM   #56

Frank,

Thought I may look into some thing like that, wife has already said we may put up some kind of curtain,also plan to reuse one of the pocket doors to create a door to bedroom, it has narrow cabinets down hall that I plan to remove to give me flat wall on both sides, thinking I could then reuse doors from cabinet to fab a new cabinet in living room with a tv lift inside - please keep ideas coming - wife wants it fixed nice and she has turned me loose to do what ever I want - thanks pabell