Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #1

Restoring '77 mini wenni

I just got a 77 mini wenni and have started to fix it up. Does anyone know of any website that I could go to find a little bits and pieces of things missing. I want to make the outside of that look like it just rolled up of the factory floor and the inside of it to look modernized.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111128_113354.png
Views:	149
Size:	542.3 KB
ID:	15893

This is a link to my blog about it.

http://workamper.blogspot.com/2011/11/got-it-home.html
Wonderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We are restoring a 1975 Winnie. Found a lot of exterior stuff off eBay. Found a new 6 gallon water heater for $150 on there, too.
Got captain's chairs from the local salvage yards as well as some other used parts.
You can upgrade the interior with most newer RV parts. I got plastic trim from an eBayer who sold the stuff as "arcade game" restoration supplies.
The most critical and immediate problem I had was to seal all the possible roof leaks. I ended up in investing $$$ in the Eternabond tape store. I used it on every seam!
We are currently looking into wheel simulators. Kinda spendy, but they will really dress up the wheels. Had to get standard hubcaps for the front because ours had standard truck wheels on the front and duals on the rear.

It is not ready to go as of yet, but we have about $6000 invested in a $2000 motor home! But there will be no worries after it's finished.
Good luck and have fun!

gaugeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I have a 74 minnie.

greggholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

I have a 85 winnie which I purchased in August,the previous owner had just installed a brand new fridge/freezer and hot tank and heater pus new water pump he had never used any of them.
What it does need is new decals I have contacted a couple of sources that specialize in older winnie parts but have been told the decals are not available.
I noticed the decals on Gregg Holmes winnie look new.
Does anyone know of a source for these?
Thank you
Byron
byronap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Gregg,
Your '74 is almost identical to our '75.
I have a question of you. The back cushion on the very rear is split and bends down the entire length. Do you know why and how to position this cushion?

Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Byronap, I dont know where you could find ready made Minnie Winnie decals. However, if there is a good sign shop in your area that does vinyl work, they should be able to reproduce some for you. They might need to see the MH and take some measurements but a good shop should be able to do it for you. If you do this here is something to remember, there are different types of vinyl so be sure to ask for the best grade they have. Some will withstand more UV rays and extreme temp than others. John 2006 Monaco Monarch
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugeguy View Post
Gregg,
Your '74 is almost identical to our '75.
I have a question of you. The back cushion on the very rear is split and bends down the entire length. Do you know why and how to position this cushion?
Should be two sections for the backrest single layer For the seat.

This pic is reversed of how it should be.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi everyone, I have a 78 C25 like Wonderlust I have info and 17 yrs experence with it I we share if your interested. A great classic Winnebago site is www.classicwinnebago&vintagervs.com the members there, like here are great with lots of info and leeds to find anything incl decals, Byronap
please feel free to ask questions, chat soon.
Rick
Muskoka Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Gregg. I just had all ours recovered. Cost $380 for all 11 of them.
As far as the decal, ours are so faded that they need to be replaced. They are in great shape otherwise. I'm going to scuff them up, mask and paint over them with more modern colors. I'm usually true to keep the original colors for a restoration, but I think we will kick this one up a notch.......... like light bronze over a dark brown.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Oh. I forgot.....
Muskola Guy -- I can't get your link to work -- says it can't find server. I'd like to see what there is there.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Oh. I forgot.....
Muskola Guy -- I can't get your link to work -- says it can't find server. I'd like to see what there is there.
It doesnt get much traffic. I read there where problems with some people in the past but i haven't seen any.

Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs! - Index
Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Gregg. I just had all ours recovered. Cost $380 for all 11 of them.
As far as the decal, ours are so faded that they need to be replaced. They are in great shape otherwise. I'm going to scuff them up, mask and paint over them with more modern colors. I'm usually true to keep the original colors for a restoration, but I think we will kick this one up a notch.......... like light bronze over a dark brown.

Thats a great price where did you have them made?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought the fabric (11 yards) from Home Fabrics and Rugs ($108).
HomeFabrics & Rugs | Locations

We took the cushions to a place here in Boise called Taylor-Made. They did all the sewing and provided the zippers and nylon fabric for the bottom of the cushions for and additional $180 (included one new foam cushion). I think their basic price was $60 for the big cushions and $20 for the little cushions.
I thought that was a great deal!
They are just a "mom & pop" upholstery place in town ... you know, no big fancy place with neon signs.
Photos of the cushions (they are really a charcoal color) and the captains' chairs we got out of an '80s Dodge van for $20 each at a local junk yard! We removed the outer arm rests so they could swivel around.
Can't install them as yet. Too cold here.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cush1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	16018   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAPT Chairs.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	16019  

Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Guys, sorry about the wrong link, It should be just www.classicwinnebagos.com Yes they did have some problems awhile back, personally I'm just interested in info I can use and share info I have with others, not club politics or BS.

Rick
Muskoka Guy is offline   Reply With Quote