Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #71

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahumbug View Post
Our '87 had a 4 inch memory foam. I bought another and laid it on top of the old one. Super comfortable, but the first time I smacked my head into the edge of the bathroom door, because it wouldn't open all the way, is when the razor knife came out and I hacked it off. The cover that came with it just tucked underneath.
Thank you for the advice, I think I'm going to look into a memory foam mattress and trim it myself. Good news is I have tested my propane connections found and eliminated a few very small leaks so after I survive Halloween , it's time to fire up the heat. So I can get this motor home finished and ready for aprons.

74 Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #72

Gulf Streamers Club
Great Job Man!! I know exactly where you're coming from, as far as the tight money goes. I've been doing the "Pig" a little at a time as money allows over the last few years, while using it as a weekend getaway between projects. I haven't tackled anything major on the interior yet, other than the overhead console, but will be modernizing the countertops and fixtures sometime after I get the outside painted. I admire your ambition and tenacity, and the final product will give you lots of enjoyment. Keep up the good work.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #73

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Although I have now managed to make the furnace work, with the weather getting colder, I am beginning to doubt if it will be ready for early spring. I still have more paneling and plenty of ceiling to put up. If the weather isn't too bad this weekend I will try to put on the push to get as much of it done as I can. I really can't wait to get her back on the road as a complete Motorhome for the first time in years. Has it taken me longer then originally expected? The answer is a resounding YES. But I wouldn't trade this experience for a brand new Class C. This one is mine all bought and payed for with the sweat equity that I have invested in it. Would I ever undertake an adventure like this again ? Well not for a few years ( while I enjoy the spoils of my labor) but I sure would. With some differences however. An enclosed building to work on it in , some better tools to work with and a little more funding saved for the project.
It's been a great project so far and it should only get better from here on out !

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement that have helped drive my ambition to get this done !

Ken
Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #74

My 85 we paid premium runs great with JIM'S distributor mod I get close to 8 mpg pulling a 4 door Chevy truck rip jim it will be 2 years next week would I do it again probably now I do have a bumper pull with slides that I don't have a truck to pull it but am I happy with vintage no I full timed in it had a blast
Old 11-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #75

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
My 85 we paid premium runs great with JIM'S distributor mod I get close to 8 mpg pulling a 4 door Chevy truck rip jim it will be 2 years next week would I do it again probably now I do have a bumper pull with slides that I don't have a truck to pull it but am I happy with vintage no I full timed in it had a blast
What may I ask is Jim's distributor mod ? I may be very interested in trying to boost fuel economy
Old 11-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #76

It changes the advance curve it's been a while mine was weights and springs from a junk yard it takes the mechanical advance full just off idle then limits the vacumm advance so there is no ping helped me a lot I tow 5600 lb truck