Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
2. Just because a person prefers an older rig and not go into debt to get it doesn't make them white trash at all.

Truck and rig has been paid for for quiet a few years.....Still enjoy RVing.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Seems most places want to look like the pic at the top of the page..

No thanks.. Too steril.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We stayed at one place that the sewer hose could not lay on the ground....so people had pieces of cardboard, scraps of lumber, etc. to get it off the ground. never could figure that one out.

Ken
Had the same thing at Gila Bend, Az. Said it was a county ordinance. I figured if they came out to check, they could hold it up for me.

As for the 10 year rule, my first Motorhome was clean and 14 years old. If they asked how old it was, I told them 9 years old, and never did get the old heave ho.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #32

If someone can afford to pay the rent for an RV spot they should not be allowed to be refused based on the year of their RV. Why not take it one step further and disallow tow vehicles over 10 years old? That means in a few months, a 2002 pickup would be disallowed for being too old.

Or raise the RV spot rent to $100/night since they seem to only want rich people to stay at their RV parks.

They don't deserve a penny from me if they want to have barbed wire up their backside about RV ages. And odds are they are too expensive for me anyway.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
FWIW, Campgrounds in Oregon say this is a State law. A drain hose must be supported off the ground. Camping World, and others, sell a collapsing plastic gadget that expands to support the drain hose at an angle.
Never been in one yet that told me that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #34

Hmm.. and I wonder when something quits being "old" and starts becoming "classic" where an RV park might allow it again. Restored/well kept Airstreams are probably allowed without much question if the tow vehicle is nice.

Maybe I'm biased but I feel my van has a very classy vintage look to it... more than many older motorhome models do.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
This topic is revisited on a regular basis, and as ALWAYS happens, some will choose to ignor the reality and want to build a federal discrimination case.

The reality is, if you maintain your rig, as I suspect most here do, you will not be refused in the vast majority of the parks that advertise this policy (and VERY FEW do). This rule does give park management, however, the flexibility to refuse admission to, as it was suggested earlier, the "Clampets". Most of us enjoy looking over a nice "vintage" rig, and that would include owners/operators of most campgrounds/resorts. Yes, I'm sure there are parks that are inflexible on this point, but your chances of that being the only option in that area are somewhere between slim and zero.

In a nutshell, the OP in these threads generally want to know if this rule will have any real world impact on his or her RV travels. The answer is - no. Everything else is off topic.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

I agree Jay.

I think the emotion comes into it when folks see it as being about the character of the RV owners rather than the appearance of the RV itself.

Just as fine restaurants won't allow people wearing tank tops, flip flops, and a backward baseball hat... some RV parks try to maintain a certain standard of the ambiance of their business. IMO, it's nothing more or nothing less.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
I like the idea like the man said, take the year and minus 10 and tell them that's what year it is. What are they going to do ask you for the title to prove it. That's my sorry and I'm sticking to it. Jim
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
When we had the 1995 Avion, in 2006, it suddenly became a 1997 model, in 2007, it was a 1998 model. No ever questioned my answer.

Now with the 1979 Silver Streak and the 1989 Avion....these were trailers that looked very good and they were well over 10 years old. They had both been out of production fro well over 10 years. I told the people it looked like an Airstream and was restored. That made them happy...except for one RV park, near The Woodlands. Everywhere we went with the old silver trailers, we got lots of great comments and lookers

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #39
laj

Yes but 2 things, one those trailers are beautiful classics, and 2 from just guessing ill bet you kept it's appearance in above perfect shape. This 10 yr. rule i think is the best way to keep Junkers out.

Hey, what happened to that list of parks that was suppose to be constructed? Getting ready for trip.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
To the OP......

I don't want to belong to any club that would have me for a member.
― Groucho Marx
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
I may have a motorhome thats 17 years old, but it shines like its brand new, is always clean, and is in better condition than some newer ones.

I understand the rule is to keep out the "gypsies" and probabably most of the time if you have a clean well mantained rig, nobody will bother you.

I used to get fowl looks because of my age and looks like you dont belong here. But I can say this, from the time I was born I was in a motorhome, was raised in the lifestyle and around elders all my life, at 10 years old people would tell dad talking to me was like talking to someone their age. I still have my wild streak at times, but I know how to have and show respect....... I had someone cuss me up and down when I was 20, he asked me at a campground if I was here with my grandparents, I said no sir, he ask parents, no sir, well there is no way your here by yourself, yes sir, well then that was replied by *$&*@&@&&$$***##%% and how the $^*# do you have a motorhome? I just camly looked at him, I was lucky enough for my dad to die and 18 and leave me our motorhome .... he then said he was sorry and had no idea....... my point being out of all that rant is if people look down at you for any reason then they are people you do not have to be around, as a kid i had just as much fun in our 10 year old 28 ft motorhome as I did when we bought a brand new 36 ft one stuff like that is irrelevant

sorry for the rant
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
My rig can pass muster 'most anywhere.

It's me that Parks won't let in. ...
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote