Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Seems most places want to look like the pic at the top of the page..
You notice that the older rig had to park away from the high dollar rigs. Or, maybe he preferred to park away from the high dollar rigs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #44

I live in portland Or but drive a truck for a living so have more of the country than most. Close to a million miles in the last 11 yrs, I see a lot of tweakers, miscreants, ect living in some old beat up, units that are barely road worthy or worse, just drivable, but far from safe. These are the people this rule is usually in place to exclude from being around you, your rig, your children, and your pets. If you are getting told you cant stay and you don't fit into this catagorie, first look at your implied persona. Meaning the way you appear to others at first glance. If you look like a grubby scumball, you can expect to be treated as one. I know it is not really ethically rite to do that, but it is effective and these kinds of people need to be kept out for safety reasons so parks do it. In my area we call these old rolling wrecks that are most often seen parked in different places daily on side lots and streets, "Rolling Meth labs" and for good reason as thats what a good number them are. Can you imagine if one of those got into a CG and then caugt fire? The explosion would be massive!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Exclamation Unbelieveable

I have taken great care to keep our 1989 Allegro in like new condition. Every 1989 gadget and gizmo works like new, and I repainted our coach. ANY RV park that asks for a picture or age of our RV never gets visited. I am very touchy about this subject. That's like telling me I'm too old and useless.....don't get my Xander up
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcnut View Post
I live in portland Or but drive a truck for a living so have more of the country than most. Close to a million miles in the last 11 yrs, I see a lot of tweakers, miscreants, ect living in some old beat up, units that are barely road worthy or worse, just drivable, but far from safe. These are the people this rule is usually in place to exclude from being around you, your rig, your children, and your pets. If you are getting told you cant stay and you don't fit into this catagorie, first look at your implied persona. Meaning the way you appear to others at first glance. If you look like a grubby scumball, you can expect to be treated as one. I know it is not really ethically rite to do that, but it is effective and these kinds of people need to be kept out for safety reasons so parks do it. In my area we call these old rolling wrecks that are most often seen parked in different places daily on side lots and streets, "Rolling Meth labs" and for good reason as thats what a good number them are. Can you imagine if one of those got into a CG and then caugt fire? The explosion would be massive!!!!!!
Oh, I see. They do it for our safety. Well, they better check the inside of those newer, high-end coaches to see if they have Norcold refrigerators in them. I wouldn't want to be parked next to one of them when they turn into an inferno....
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mduell View Post
I have taken great care to keep our 1989 Allegro in like new condition. Every 1989 gadget and gizmo works like new, and I repainted our coach. ANY RV park that asks for a picture or age of our RV never gets visited. I am very touchy about this subject. That's like telling me I'm too old and useless.....don't get my Xander up
Dont sweat it. My 84 was clean and pretty. Never turned away and got good comments on the pic I sent.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #48

iRV2 No Limits Club
What bother me more than an old rig, our is now 12 years old,
is the Pompous Attitude of some owners. They blook down their noses at
people and make judgements when they are not qualified to judge anything.

I take care of all my belongings and improve them as better (not just new)
items come out. What we have fits our needs. I could care less if it impresses someone else. I would not trade these Pompous donkeys even, their stuff, for ours.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #49
laj

It always amazes me when people say this. My observations over many yrs. has been when people are financially able they are out up grading what they have. Nothing wrong with that, i think everyone wants things a little better. House, car, clothes, and yes, even MH's
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
What bother me more than an old rig, our is now 12 years old,
is the Pompous Attitude of some owners. They blook down their noses at
people and make judgements when they are not qualified to judge anything.

I take care of all my belongings and improve them as better (not just new)
items come out. What we have fits our needs. I could care less if it impresses someone else. I would not trade these Pompous donkeys even, their stuff, for ours.
How do you see these people display this attitude?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have said this before in an earlier post, but when I had an older very clean Motorhome and was asked the question, HOW OLD IS IT ?, my answer was "9 years old." Never a problem. If they had asked to see a picture, which never happened, I would have told them , "I don't know how".
Simple sulutions for simple questions. No need to get your panties in a wad
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #52

I have not traveled as much as many of you, but have never been asked my TT age when making a reservation.

Me personally, if the people are nice and the tent, TT, MH, whatever is they are staying in is , maintained who cares how old it is.

I will be honest and maybe get blasted here but I really don't want to be parked next to a TT with no windows, the unit covered in grease, slime , mold,etc, a stench coming from the holding tank etc. Sorry, I don't. If that makes me a bad person, I guess I am a bad person.

With that being said, I don't want to camp next to a bunch of idiots that are causing havoc and just so happen to be in a brand new rig either.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #53

I understand what the park owners are trying to do and I respect their decisions. However, there is more than one way to skin a cat. It's the way its being handled that upsets people.

I remember, as some of you may also, when my dad took us on a camping trip. We had plenty of money to buy something new but my dad didn't see the point in spending so much money just to camp a few times each year. We.would buy something in fair condition and make it work.

Or what about the dads who can't afford to go out and buy the brand new trailers but still wants to spend quality time with his family. He wants to show his kids a good time and make lasting memories. Hs wants to teach them about nature. Sometimes having an old trailer and having something go wrong with it is part of the fun. That's the moments you cherish most as a kid is to spend time with your dad or mom in some cases.

Why is it that people try and discourage others from camping because their rig is a little beat up. How many kids have been disappointed when they show up at the CG and get turned back around because their trailer is ugly.

Think of a better solution to the problem. Here's an idea. Have a designated area for full timers or people who will be staying for an extended period of time. For those people, you can set certain regulations about the conditions of the trailer, the upkeep, the paint condition, etc. It can be like an HOA. They could sign something at check-in.

For the temporary visitors, they could stay in a different section of the park. This would allow the non-full-timers to get out and have a great camping experience without having to worry about if their trailer looks nice enough to be accepted.

Just remember, why is it that you started camping in the first place? Was it to get out and have a good time and meet new and interesting people? Or was is to get upset because the old broke hillbilly couldn't afford to get his kids a new one but still wanted to spend time with the family.

Remember why people are going camping not what their driving to get there. Some of the people in the beat up trailers are the ones who are the nicest, most caring, most willing to help in time of need, people around. Then again, some are criminals, but don't judge a book by its cover.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #54
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPRCP View Post
I understand what the park owners are trying to do and I respect their decisions. However, there is more than one way to skin a cat. It's the way its being handled that upsets people.

I remember, as some of you may also, when my dad took us on a camping trip. We had plenty of money to buy something new but my dad didn't see the point in spending so much money just to camp a few times each year. We.would buy something in fair condition and make it work.

Or what about the dads who can't afford to go out and buy the brand new trailers but still wants to spend quality time with his family. He wants to show his kids a good time and make lasting memories. Hs wants to teach them about nature. Sometimes having an old trailer and having something go wrong with it is part of the fun. That's the moments you cherish most as a kid is to spend time with your dad or mom in some cases.

Why is it that people try and discourage others from camping because their rig is a little beat up. How many kids have been disappointed when they show up at the CG and get turned back around because their trailer is ugly.

Think of a better solution to the problem. Here's an idea. Have a designated area for full timers or people who will be staying for an extended period of time. For those people, you can set certain regulations about the conditions of the trailer, the upkeep, the paint condition, etc. It can be like an HOA. They could sign something at check-in.

For the temporary visitors, they could stay in a different section of the park. This would allow the non-full-timers to get out and have a great camping experience without having to worry about if their trailer looks nice enough to be accepted.

Just remember, why is it that you started camping in the first place? Was it to get out and have a good time and meet new and interesting people? Or was is to get upset because the old broke hillbilly couldn't afford to get his kids a new one but still wanted to spend time with the family.

Remember why people are going camping not what their driving to get there. Some of the people in the beat up trailers are the ones who are the nicest, most caring, most willing to help in time of need, people around. Then again, some are criminals, but don't judge a book by its cover.

Just my opinion.
And who do you want to pay for all this sectioning? I would say there are way more parks that let anything that can make it there in so why not just go to one of those?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
I would say there are way more parks that let anything that can make it there in so why not just go to one of those?

I for one wouldn't patronize a place that would let a rig like mine in...
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #56

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I for one wouldn't patronize a place that would let a rig like mine in...
Groucho Marx fan, eh?

RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote