Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #85

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
My coach is 25 years old. Paint is great, leaks no bodily fluids and campground personnel give me a thumbs up. Nobody even asks me how old it is.

^^^^^^"Leaks no bodily fluids"...whew!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #86

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
^^^^^^"Leaks no bodily fluids"...whew!
I have been waiting............
I just knew something was coming

Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #87

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
when I do a coach inspection, I always look at the ground under the coach. what you don't want to see is an oil slick, from engine, generator, transmission fluid, or power steering fluid. or antifreeze.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
I was just funnin' ya, Ernie...I figured you meant "body fluids"- but "bodily fluids" brought a whole 'nother picture to mind!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #89

I am not to concerned about age for nightly stays. Month to month is another story.

Mark
CG Manager

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
O-o-o-okay....

For the Last Person on Planet Earth that doesn't already know about the Norcold fridge recall, here's a link to one of the eleventy bazillion online discussions of the subject.

The question relevant to this thread is:

Do "Norcolds kill" more people in RV parks with age restrictions?
Now that's funny...........

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
Now that's funny...........
And .... if the Norcold is on fire we no longer have to ask if the light is really out when the door is closed.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #92
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

In your post prior to this what made you mad was "having rules and not enforcing them". I suggest that if a CG owner chooses to not enforce a rule it's their business and you have no more right to be mad about that than folks who are upset by the implied insult that accompanies older RV restrictions.

I don't think anyone was suggesting taking away an owners rights - just that taking away a fee for service opportunity for a RVer based on an arbitrary date cutoff is getting close to home on age discrimination in general. Older is sometimes better - at least as good - and age not a good indicator of condition or value of people or RVs.

I do commend you on your ability to hold conflicting ideas simultaneously - that too seems to be harder to access with age, but is still quite doable.
Not conflicting at all. They have the right to use whatever rules they want, I support that. But if they are going to use a rule and post it then i as a paying customer when i make my reservation with those posted rules in place at the time of my reservation have the right to expect those rules to be enforced. After all that's what I payed for. Whatever they maybe
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPRCP View Post
I understand what the park owners are trying to do and I respect their decisions. However, there is more than one way to skin a cat. It's the way its being handled that upsets people.

I remember, as some of you may also, when my dad took us on a camping trip. We had plenty of money to buy something new but my dad didn't see the point in spending so much money just to camp a few times each year. We.would buy something in fair condition and make it work.

Or what about the dads who can't afford to go out and buy the brand new trailers but still wants to spend quality time with his family. He wants to show his kids a good time and make lasting memories. Hs wants to teach them about nature. Sometimes having an old trailer and having something go wrong with it is part of the fun. That's the moments you cherish most as a kid is to spend time with your dad or mom in some cases.

Why is it that people try and discourage others from camping because their rig is a little beat up. How many kids have been disappointed when they show up at the CG and get turned back around because their trailer is ugly.

Think of a better solution to the problem. Here's an idea. Have a designated area for full timers or people who will be staying for an extended period of time. For those people, you can set certain regulations about the conditions of the trailer, the upkeep, the paint condition, etc. It can be like an HOA. They could sign something at check-in.

For the temporary visitors, they could stay in a different section of the park. This would allow the non-full-timers to get out and have a great camping experience without having to worry about if their trailer looks nice enough to be accepted.

Just remember, why is it that you started camping in the first place? Was it to get out and have a good time and meet new and interesting people? Or was is to get upset because the old broke hillbilly couldn't afford to get his kids a new one but still wanted to spend time with the family.

Remember why people are going camping not what their driving to get there. Some of the people in the beat up trailers are the ones who are the nicest, most caring, most willing to help in time of need, people around. Then again, some are criminals, but don't judge a book by its cover.

Just my opinion.
I agree with a lot of what you have stated. I am a hard working guy that wants to give my family the opportunity to enjoy our time together. Though I some how feel that I am being discriminated against because I choose to spend less money on the actual motor home so I would have more money to enjoy using it. Ironic how that works. I like to plan well ahead of my trips and have found that it is a challenge when booking sight once they know that I drive a 1984 Winnebago.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #94

National RV Owners Club
Sounds to me like a lot of folks are trying to justify the fact that they don't have or can't afford a $400,000 Motor Home. It's just not that big of a deal, there are plenty of places to visit without worrying about fitting in. State Parks work for me, more room and a lot better country side.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #95

I don't have the time to read all 7 pages. But, I usually try to stay at campgrounds where the rigs are at least 10 year old or older. I've found the people there are more friendly and helpful.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #96

Sounds to me like this could be an opportunity, rather than a hindrance.

...An opportunity to go the other way and not allow vehicles newer than 10 years if you had the money to invest.

Is there a published list of the locations of these RV parks that have the 10 year restrictions so one can plan a trip without the threat of being rejected? Otherwise, you will be doing a lot of calling.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by msquared48 View Post
Sounds to me like this could be an opportunity, rather than a hindrance.

...An opportunity to go the other way and not allow vehicles newer than 10 years
if you had the money to invest.

That there's it in a nutshell, folks...there's a presumption among some that only po' folks don't own a newer rig.

The real point of the age restrictions is to attract that crowd that likes the exclusivity of the arrangement and are willing to pay bigger money just for the ego bump.

Same folks that buy into gated, restricted communities!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #98

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Sounds to me like a lot of folks are trying to justify the fact that they don't have or can't afford a $400,000 Motor Home. It's just not that big of a deal, there are plenty of places to visit without worrying about fitting in. State Parks work for me, more room and a lot better country side.
seems to me a lot are trying to justify why they spent $400000 on a coach... Ny keeping the rest of us out...