Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,722
I have posted on this subject and followed it to this point and have 1 more question leaning the other way,
If I was to pull into one of the resort/campgrounds with a 10 year old restriction in a 2001 Prevost Liberty Mortorcoach (example only) Do you think that I am going to have a problem due to the age of the Coach?
__________________

__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89
I have posted on this subject and followed it to this point and have 1 more question leaning the other way,
If I was to pull into one of the resort/campgrounds with a 10 year old restriction in a 2001 Prevost Liberty Mortorcoach (example only) Do you think that I am going to have a problem due to the age of the Coach?
I've been mulling this over quite a bit and to answer your question as posed - I'd say no. But not sure what might happen if you simply picked up the phone and called them. They might just say no based on age regardless of your rolling mansion.

I've been thinking to suggest that once you get where you're going and have secured your place somewhere that does not have an age restriction - roll on by the one that does and turned you down. Once they see you - how nice your older rig is - they may waive the rule. Now there are those here that apparently would blow a screw because an owner waived the rule they claim to have paid to have enforced. I still don't get how someone can claim the owner can do anything they want - except break their own rules. I'd be likely to write a new rule restricting some peoples license plate if they started telling me what I must do because they paid for it. Here's your money back - ta ta farewell. Snobbery for snobberies sake is silly. And if a Prevost can't be owned by a meth head, trashed out and look like 40 miles of bad road, I'll eat my hat.

My sympathies do go out to Winnebeater - but that said - having "beater" attached is not all that reassuring. I own a beater guitar and a beater car (and non beaters too) and I know the difference. I'm sure the Winnie is fine and might actually pass the eyeball test but fail the phone call test. It always easier to say no over the phone.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #115
Registered User
 
mel s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mduell View Post
I have taken great care to keep our 1989 Allegro in like new condition. Every 1989 gadget and gizmo works like new, and I repainted our coach. ANY RV park that asks for a picture or age of our RV never gets visited. I am very touchy about this subject. That's like telling me I'm too old and useless.....don't get my Xander up
I agree!
I have only been able to afford one motorhome that was under 10 years old.
My Safari will be 17 years old on the 17th of this month, (bought in 2001 with 27k miles, now with 128k miles).
It has not spent one night in a park with a 10 year rule, (not even during the five years I owned before it turned 10).

No "ELITIST" RV park will ever get my my business, (not because my coach looks bad....... but because IMO they do not deserve my $$).

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
__________________
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 28,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I just get mad at the ones who see an old rig and automatically think 'meth lab'..
And the ones that see a $400,000 rig and automatically think "snobs" without ever even talking to them.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #117
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I've been mulling this over quite a bit and to answer your question as posed - I'd say no. But not sure what might happen if you simply picked up the phone and called them. They might just say no based on age regardless of your rolling mansion.

I've been thinking to suggest that once you get where you're going and have secured your place somewhere that does not have an age restriction - roll on by the one that does and turned you down. Once they see you - how nice your older rig is - they may waive the rule. Now there are those here that apparently would blow a screw because an owner waived the rule they claim to have paid to have enforced. I still don't get how someone can claim the owner can do anything they want - except break their own rules. I'd be likely to write a new rule restricting some peoples license plate if they started telling me what I must do because they paid for it. Here's your money back - ta ta farewell. Snobbery for snobberies sake is silly. And if a Prevost can't be owned by a meth head, trashed out and look like 40 miles of bad road, I'll eat my hat.

My sympathies do go out to Winnebeater - but that said - having "beater" attached is not all that reassuring. I own a beater guitar and a beater car (and non beaters too) and I know the difference. I'm sure the Winnie is fine and might actually pass the eyeball test but fail the phone call test. It always easier to say no over the phone.
Agree with most..but, you really need to see the inside of 'beaters coach. it rivals a LOT of new ones..
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #118
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
And the ones that see a $400,000 rig and automatically think "snobs" without ever even talking to them.
Agree..

but, must point out that I was referring to someone in this thread who posted that most of the 'old RVs are rolling meth labs anyways'.. I dont think anyone has ever said that 'all $400k+ RVs are owned by snobs'.
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Agree with most..but, you really need to see the inside of 'beaters coach. it rivals a LOT of new ones..
With the exception of the Winniebeater, I was of corse referring to a mythical beater coach and suspect the restriction is based only on the outside appearance and an assumed increased probability that they leave fluids on the ground. I take the Winnie at his word as ship shape all around. I am also sure there are new coaches that look wonderful on the outside that I'd be reluctant to enter.

My '08 will be "aged" out soon enough and I will be one of those - with hard work and good luck to have an "as new" coach that will have been full timing for 3+ years. I would then be insulted that someone was keeping me out sight unseen simply due to age. Sad.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #120
Senior Member
 
baraff's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,416
Maybe someone should start a RV park that excludes RVs newer than 10 years..... For vintage RVs only!
Think about it, they could host vintage rallies and club meets. May be on to something here....
__________________
Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #121
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff
Maybe someone should start a RV park that excludes RVs newer than 10 years..... For vintage RVs only!
Think about it, they could host vintage rallies and club meets. May be on to something here....
And charge admission to walk among em - meet the heroes that own and operate - have a trade and vendor area - a flea market. Quartzite with age restriction - Burning Man with full hookups - a circus and antique mall. I'm going to change my answer on the what would you do with $500k thread. Looking for investors.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #122
laj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,241
Would be circus alright. You can't buy entertainment like that!
__________________
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #123
Senior Member
 
TexasPSDX's Avatar
 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Katy, Texas 77494
Posts: 552
Our trailer will celebrate it's 30th birthday 06/2013. We are the 3rd owners of it and love our trailer. We have been back and forth across the country and have never had anyone turn us away.
__________________
Ron & Ellen Norton
2016 Grand Design Reflection pulled by 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins
TexasPSDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
Would be circus alright. You can't buy entertainment like that!
Forgot the bar and live music for the Sturgis effect. Need sell the idea to one of the cable channels first. Will be taking applications in spring of 2014.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #125
laj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,241
Ok now that your throwing that in sign me up. What's the shares and buy-in cost
__________________
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #126
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
Ok now that your throwing that in sign me up. What's the shares and buy-in cost
Prospectus to follow. What was the topic again - oh yeah - age restrictions on RVs - right - wrong - or indifferent. Owners rights - payers rights - who's right?

Until I can get the new venture underway - I'm sticking with sight unseen age restrictions are nothing more than a stereotype. Age is only important in wine and Scotch.

Whats next - Please don't be trying to sneak no '57 Vettes in hidden inside some big fancy trailer either. We don't like old cars either.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.