Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
I have posted on this subject and followed it to this point and have 1 more question leaning the other way,
If I was to pull into one of the resort/campgrounds with a 10 year old restriction in a 2001 Prevost Liberty Mortorcoach (example only) Do you think that I am going to have a problem due to the age of the Coach?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #114

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89
I have posted on this subject and followed it to this point and have 1 more question leaning the other way,
If I was to pull into one of the resort/campgrounds with a 10 year old restriction in a 2001 Prevost Liberty Mortorcoach (example only) Do you think that I am going to have a problem due to the age of the Coach?
I've been mulling this over quite a bit and to answer your question as posed - I'd say no. But not sure what might happen if you simply picked up the phone and called them. They might just say no based on age regardless of your rolling mansion.

I've been thinking to suggest that once you get where you're going and have secured your place somewhere that does not have an age restriction - roll on by the one that does and turned you down. Once they see you - how nice your older rig is - they may waive the rule. Now there are those here that apparently would blow a screw because an owner waived the rule they claim to have paid to have enforced. I still don't get how someone can claim the owner can do anything they want - except break their own rules. I'd be likely to write a new rule restricting some peoples license plate if they started telling me what I must do because they paid for it. Here's your money back - ta ta farewell. Snobbery for snobberies sake is silly. And if a Prevost can't be owned by a meth head, trashed out and look like 40 miles of bad road, I'll eat my hat.

My sympathies do go out to Winnebeater - but that said - having "beater" attached is not all that reassuring. I own a beater guitar and a beater car (and non beaters too) and I know the difference. I'm sure the Winnie is fine and might actually pass the eyeball test but fail the phone call test. It always easier to say no over the phone.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mduell View Post
I have taken great care to keep our 1989 Allegro in like new condition. Every 1989 gadget and gizmo works like new, and I repainted our coach. ANY RV park that asks for a picture or age of our RV never gets visited. I am very touchy about this subject. That's like telling me I'm too old and useless.....don't get my Xander up
I agree!
I have only been able to afford one motorhome that was under 10 years old.
My Safari will be 17 years old on the 17th of this month, (bought in 2001 with 27k miles, now with 128k miles).
It has not spent one night in a park with a 10 year rule, (not even during the five years I owned before it turned 10).

No "ELITIST" RV park will ever get my my business, (not because my coach looks bad....... but because IMO they do not deserve my $$).

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #116

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I just get mad at the ones who see an old rig and automatically think 'meth lab'..
And the ones that see a $400,000 rig and automatically think "snobs" without ever even talking to them.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #117

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I've been mulling this over quite a bit and to answer your question as posed - I'd say no. But not sure what might happen if you simply picked up the phone and called them. They might just say no based on age regardless of your rolling mansion.

I've been thinking to suggest that once you get where you're going and have secured your place somewhere that does not have an age restriction - roll on by the one that does and turned you down. Once they see you - how nice your older rig is - they may waive the rule. Now there are those here that apparently would blow a screw because an owner waived the rule they claim to have paid to have enforced. I still don't get how someone can claim the owner can do anything they want - except break their own rules. I'd be likely to write a new rule restricting some peoples license plate if they started telling me what I must do because they paid for it. Here's your money back - ta ta farewell. Snobbery for snobberies sake is silly. And if a Prevost can't be owned by a meth head, trashed out and look like 40 miles of bad road, I'll eat my hat.

My sympathies do go out to Winnebeater - but that said - having "beater" attached is not all that reassuring. I own a beater guitar and a beater car (and non beaters too) and I know the difference. I'm sure the Winnie is fine and might actually pass the eyeball test but fail the phone call test. It always easier to say no over the phone.
Agree with most..but, you really need to see the inside of 'beaters coach. it rivals a LOT of new ones..
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #118

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
And the ones that see a $400,000 rig and automatically think "snobs" without ever even talking to them.
Agree..

but, must point out that I was referring to someone in this thread who posted that most of the 'old RVs are rolling meth labs anyways'.. I dont think anyone has ever said that 'all $400k+ RVs are owned by snobs'.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #119

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Agree with most..but, you really need to see the inside of 'beaters coach. it rivals a LOT of new ones..
With the exception of the Winniebeater, I was of corse referring to a mythical beater coach and suspect the restriction is based only on the outside appearance and an assumed increased probability that they leave fluids on the ground. I take the Winnie at his word as ship shape all around. I am also sure there are new coaches that look wonderful on the outside that I'd be reluctant to enter.

My '08 will be "aged" out soon enough and I will be one of those - with hard work and good luck to have an "as new" coach that will have been full timing for 3+ years. I would then be insulted that someone was keeping me out sight unseen simply due to age. Sad.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe someone should start a RV park that excludes RVs newer than 10 years..... For vintage RVs only!
Think about it, they could host vintage rallies and club meets. May be on to something here....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #121

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff
Maybe someone should start a RV park that excludes RVs newer than 10 years..... For vintage RVs only!
Think about it, they could host vintage rallies and club meets. May be on to something here....
And charge admission to walk among em - meet the heroes that own and operate - have a trade and vendor area - a flea market. Quartzite with age restriction - Burning Man with full hookups - a circus and antique mall. I'm going to change my answer on the what would you do with $500k thread. Looking for investors.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #122
laj

Would be circus alright. You can't buy entertainment like that!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #123

Texas Boomers Club
Our trailer will celebrate it's 30th birthday 06/2013. We are the 3rd owners of it and love our trailer. We have been back and forth across the country and have never had anyone turn us away.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #124

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
Would be circus alright. You can't buy entertainment like that!
Forgot the bar and live music for the Sturgis effect. Need sell the idea to one of the cable channels first. Will be taking applications in spring of 2014.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #125
laj

Ok now that your throwing that in sign me up. What's the shares and buy-in cost
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #126

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
Ok now that your throwing that in sign me up. What's the shares and buy-in cost
Prospectus to follow. What was the topic again - oh yeah - age restrictions on RVs - right - wrong - or indifferent. Owners rights - payers rights - who's right?

Until I can get the new venture underway - I'm sticking with sight unseen age restrictions are nothing more than a stereotype. Age is only important in wine and Scotch.

Whats next - Please don't be trying to sneak no '57 Vettes in hidden inside some big fancy trailer either. We don't like old cars either.