Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #71

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I just get mad at the ones who see an old rig and automatically think 'meth lab'..
I meticulously maintain my '02 National Methlab 6356, and have only had one small explosion (not my fault).
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #72
laj

Quote:
I just get mad at the ones who see an old rig and automatically think 'meth lab'..
What makes me mad is people that have rules and then don't enforce them because it might get a little uncomfortable. If your going to have them enforce them to the end, otherwise don't bother
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
One RV resort would not let my 32 year old Silver Streak in unless we can in with a rally group. I do not go there for any reason now, even with a 2 year old 5er. I avoid the snooty "Resorts".

Ken
Could not have said it any better..........avoid the snooty "Resorts
david g.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #74

Quote:
What's wrong with a meth lab? How's a guy supposed to make money? (sarcasm)
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #75

I recently ran into an issue with the 10 year rule, do to work relocation. I own a home in California and will be relocating to Idaho. I will be moving about six months before my family does so we can finish some small projects on the home we own before we rent it out. I tried roughly ten different RV campground's near Eagle, ID and only one of them will MAYBE allow me to stay there if I send pictures and if the owner approves of my motor home.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #76

I think the ten year old rule should state: If your rig is older than ten years it will subject to inspection. If it is leaking oil all over the place and has things strapped on with bungie cords then turn them away but if it is a nice well kept rig and the owners seem decent then great. I don't see why anyone that would have nothing to worry about in this type of scenario would mind?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojohnny View Post
I think the ten year old rule should state: If your rig is older than ten years it will subject to inspection. If it is leaking oil all over the place and has things strapped on with bungie cords then turn them away but if it is a nice well kept rig and the owners seem decent then great. I don't see why anyone that would have nothing to worry about in this type of scenario would mind?
That should be the rule regardless of the age of the rig!!
islecop92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #78
laj

When did the owners lose their right to run their campground their way? Are we all for taking the last few rights away from us individuals to suit our own needs/ wants?
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #79

Newmar Owners Club
As people in the world we know are subjected to all kinds of rules and regulations everyday, and they are changing everyday. These resort/campground owners are setting thier rules to create a standard for thier property that they have developed. Animal's, length, slideouts limited, quite at 10pm, no parking on grass, the list goes on and on. You might be traveling in a 2 year old Coach of 45' but the resort/campground can olny handle up to 42'? why did they not make spaces for 45'ers???
Do your homework read the rules(might happen when one pulls in a place) and if does not suit you move on........
I have not run into the 10 year old rule as of yet and most rules are the same from place to place.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
What's the difference between a RV and a S&b house? Other than whatever new RV you buy you are getting hosed!(big time)Just about all land development have standards with a house you are going to put up.Same with condos etc. they all have min. standards. Not saying I agree with it but that is the way it is in today's society.If I own the campground I should have the right to set my requirements.jmo
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
When did the owners lose their right to run their campground their way? Are we all for taking the last few rights away from us individuals to suit our own needs/ wants?
In your post prior to this what made you mad was "having rules and not enforcing them". I suggest that if a CG owner chooses to not enforce a rule it's their business and you have no more right to be mad about that than folks who are upset by the implied insult that accompanies older RV restrictions.

I don't think anyone was suggesting taking away an owners rights - just that taking away a fee for service opportunity for a RVer based on an arbitrary date cutoff is getting close to home on age discrimination in general. Older is sometimes better - at least as good - and age not a good indicator of condition or value of people or RVs.

I do commend you on your ability to hold conflicting ideas simultaneously - that too seems to be harder to access with age, but is still quite doable.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Nobody said they don't have a right to run their facility (within guidelines) as they see fit. Just as I have the right to voice my opinion about it here.

I do travel in an older rig with 2 young children. The information posted here about restrictions and/or attitudes towards both is valuable.
islecop92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
I support the rights of the CG owners and feel that they can do whatever they please. However, like I stated in a previous post, I think the manner in which they are regulating could be improved.

Age alone, in my opinion, is a rediculous way of filtering the good from the bad.

The other problem that I have is the rule applies to only some. If its a rule, then enforce it fairly. If its not the age you have a problem with but the condition, then make standards that must be met before entry into the park is granted.
SUPRCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #84

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
My coach is 25 years old. Paint is great, leaks no bodily fluids and campground personnel give me a thumbs up. Nobody even asks me how old it is.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote