Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
I've heard that just the sound of pumping a shotgun has been known to send would-be criminals fleeing for their lives.
My favorite saying: "Noth'n says love'n like a shotgun rack'n in the dark.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Outside the RV put a really big dog dish.. Something that holds like 2 gallons of water or dog food.. Fill the water bowl only (Since you don't have the big dog) For best effect add a really strong tie out stake, a heavy leash chain and a broken collar.
Combine that with your 'growler' dog and run the chain under the RV..

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
I don't lock mine; the damage caused by some one breakinging in would cost more to repair than any item that might be stolen.
Example' two storage and 10 feet of side on my motor were replaced; $18,000
Insurance doesnt have to pay if you dont lock the door... Silly, I know.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
That's not logical. They walk in, steal your goods and knowing you are going to replace them, come back and steal your new goods. DUH! Where do you live?
Motor homes parked beside my house; I have two large german shepards that patrol my yard; you are welcome to come and try to steal my goods; my dogs could use the exersize.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #45

A couple of cheap steaks or pounds of hamburger and whatever is in your un-locked MH is mine,
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #46

Quote:
A couple of cheap steaks or pounds of hamburger and whatever is in your un-locked MH is mine,
I forgot about the attack cat: bring some catnip. Please don't bring the cheap stuff; my dogs are spoiled. did I mention that I collect guns. One time I found a shirt and a pair of pants in my yard full of poop, never did find out how they got there.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #47

My Minpin can kill your biggest dog.

She'll get stuck in it's throat.

She also knows the word: Kitty-Cat. She's never caught one, but she wants to. I don't think she would know what to do with one, but that doesn't stop her from trying.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #48

I have to park my RV at a lot about a 1/4 mile from home. It isn't in a fenced lot and there had never been any problems in the area but I always worried.

I got a 12v timer switch and hooked up a bunch of LEDs to it. Since it was so dark behind the building where the RV was parked, the lights were very easy to see. I stopped in to work on something almost everyday during the summer. The LEDs didn't drain the batteries at all. I was asked a few times if I lived in the RV to which I always replied, YES.

I want to get one of these Fake TV boxes. It's a box of colored lights that simulates a TV when viewed from outside. It seems to have good reviews on Amazon.

Amazon.com: FakeTV Burglar Deterrent: Home Improvement
Old 11-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #49

I looked at the reviews and as usual, there is always one guy that doesn't like a product. Read any review on any product and there will always be one, always.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #50

Quote:
I looked at the reviews and as usual, there is always one guy that doesn't like a product. Read any review on any product and there will always be one, always.
I agree, there will always be some that are never happy. The reason I thought Fake TV might work well in an RV is that the bedroom area is small, in mine anyway. The downside is there wouldn't be any sound so thought about having a radio come on too.

My wife says, how about just putting the TV on a timer and save all the trouble. She does have a point, lol.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
No sign of "forced" entry.... and insurance will NOT pay the claim.

I am reading these and insurance threads because I boondock camp quite a bit, and leave my "home" sitting there while I go explore. My home, because I live in it. So if someone breaks in while I'm gone, they will get all my "real" things.

The dog bowl & chain sound good, but the perps will assume I took the dog with me. The alarms sound good if you're in a campground with people around, but not parked alone out in the boonies.

It is basically a crapshot as to whether some idiot breaks in while boondocking. And they would probably take my guns in the process.

The poor economy turns the "probably wouldn't have done its" into the "do its", and we all pay the price of burgalry.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
a Claymore???
Old 11-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #53
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesBarth View Post
I want to get one of these Fake TV boxes. It's a box of colored lights that simulates a TV when viewed from outside. It seems to have good reviews on Amazon.
A less expensive thought........tune a radio to an "easy listening" or an "old country music" station. Turn it very low but audible and leave it on all the time.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
A less expensive thought........tune a radio to an "easy listening" or an "old country music" station. Turn it very low but audible and leave it on all the time.
Now you got me thinking !!

I can make a CD that has some music on in the background, with me and female talking about stuff. And in there I will say: "Honey, would you bring me another beer, and hand me that box of 9mm's ammo while your up".

That outa work. I'll just make it about an hour long, then it can loop so it will play over and over.

The perps will be moved on to another victim by the time it plays the repeats.

I have been leaving a sign taped inside the window on the door that reads: "Jim, sorry I wasn't here when you arrived, but I will be back in just a few minutes, so go ahead and start setting up your camp."

I figure the perps will move on pretty quickly.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:28 AM   #55

The CD won't work for me. If I ask the GF to get me a beer, she says: "Get it yourself."

I guess I could mumble something about her relationship to her son, with sounds of me stomping off to the fridge.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
A fully charged magneto connected to the door handle should work.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote