Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Originally Posted by mwells4654 View Post
According to my insurance company (GEICO) the liability portion of my trucks insurance also covers anything I tow.
Most insurance companies work like that, but you need to check on coverage for (1) when it's not hooked up, and (2) set up on a campsite.

State Farm told me a camper was only covered when in transit. If it was disconnected (sitting in my driveway, or storage lot), or set up as "living quarters" (like on a campsite...even if still hooked up to my truck) than it was not covered by my truck policy. It needed to have its own policy.

It's all a racket. You just need to make sure you are covered for your specific needs.

'87 Coachmen Leprachuan 27' on Ford E 350 w/ 460 cid, Hedman Headers, dual flowmaster exhaust
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There needs to be some clarification here. Anything you hook to your tow rig is covered for liability, while being towed. If there is any coverage for damage to the trailer it is likely very limited, a max of $500 would be common, but it could be more depending on the issuing company. A pickup topper may well be covered while it's on the pickup, but a full on camper will likely require it's own policy.

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
$680 full coverage agreed value replacement $8000 progressive just got a new windshield
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #18
Liability Insurance

I just talked to Good Sam and they informed me that my F/W is NOT covered for liability when it is not hitched to the TV. They told me that was covered by my homeowners policy. I contacted my homeowners insurance company and they told me that It was covered by my auto policy.

I just received a call from my homeowners insurance agent and was told that a liability policy would cost me $775.00 per year.

What do non fulltimers do about insurance??

Jim and Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well that gives me a fairly good idea. Thanks

Avatar - 26' 1984 Fleetwood Jamboree, Ford Chassis w/ 460 Engine
CowboyUpFord is offline   Reply With Quote