Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you!! I really love it a lot. She was cared for, by the previous two owners, and it shows. I got very lucky to get her.

My neighbor called the cops on me yesterday. Was trying to get me ticketed saying the MH was a hazard. The Sheriff deputy was very nice and realized that it was yet another way for her to harrass me and it was not a hazard. No ticket

I'm thinking about putting a big sign, on the roof of the MH, saying "ENJOY THE VIEW!!" with a big thumbs up. Her house looks down on mine and she would be the only one to see it

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
Thank you!! I really love it a lot. She was cared for, by the previous two owners, and it shows. I got very lucky to get her.

My neighbor called the cops on me yesterday. Was trying to get me ticketed saying the MH was a hazard. The Sheriff deputy was very nice and realized that it was yet another way for her to harrass me and it was not a hazard. No ticket

I'm thinking about putting a big sign, on the roof of the MH, saying "ENJOY THE VIEW!!" with a big thumbs up. Her house looks down on mine and she would be the only one to see it

Sheila
Man, the rude things I could do in an arrangement like that....
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Man, the rude things I could do in an arrangement like that....
You can always PM me, would love to hear some of them. She is working very hard to drive me out of my house. Wish I could say I was exaggerating but I am not. I've even called the Sheriff's office to see if there was anything I could to get her to leave me alone. They said the only thing was file suit. I just do not have the money for that......

However, I DO have a Beautiful Motorhome that I can take out and get away from it all!!!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
You can always PM me, would love to hear some of them. She is working very hard to drive me out of my house. Wish I could say I was exaggerating but I am not. I've even called the Sheriff's office to see if there was anything I could to get her to leave me alone. They said the only thing was file suit. I just do not have the money for that......

However, I DO have a Beautiful Motorhome that I can take out and get away from it all!!!

Sheila
Simplest solution may be to simply plant some poplar trees close to the property line with her. They grow straight up, rather fast, branches close to the tree like a hedge and they get TALL. The ones we have out at the park are at least 100 feet tall.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
What the heck is it? Potentially the basis for an epic man cave .
Well I was in need of some kind of RV to save me on motel bills that could also tow a car trailer with a Jeep on it. and on a few web sites i saw a few of early 90 U-hauls converted to jeep haulers with folding tables and all that. And then one day I spoted this truck as a cab & chassis only on a car lot. I was looking for a nice one ton based unit but when its all said and done most one tons based vehicle are lacking on payload and towing capicity once you build a nice RV out of them. So i was looking for something slightly bigger. And boy did I find it.
This truck did have what I really wanted in the 5.9L Cummins Diesel and a stick shift trans. What I wasn't needing was the GVW rating of 32,700 lbs
yes it does ride a tad bit stiff. A change of gears makes it easyier to live with MPG.
I found a 24 foot Uhaul box, installed it . Then put in a queen size bed, fridge, microwave and some cabinets for storage. and as you can see i installed 4 windows and a door.
You can see more spics about here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f18/my-ne...ics-83776.html
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Over the years we have been turned down a couple of times traveling with bus conversions. The buses were all nice and looked professionally built. The turn downs were usually based on the fact that some bus builders do some really unorthodox stuff, like flushing house type toilets, and 100 amp electrical services. Most campgrounds are not built to be compatible with non-RV style utilities. One park that initially gave us the thumbs down changed his mind when given the tour of our rig. Everything was standardized to RV specs, and he was very impressed with the rig. In the 90's I towed a 1959 Spartan Royal Mansion trailer that had started its life as a mobile home. I converted it to an RV. The Spartan's were all aluminum construction built similar to an airplane or an Air Stream. They polish nicely like an Airstream, and can be converted to killer RV. The one that I built was polished, and had all RV appliances, twin 30 amp services, RV style holding tanks, and it was an RV in every since of the word. I installed new axles, and replaced the OEM split rim wheels with alloys and Michelin's. It had 40 lb aluminum LP tanks on the tongue. On the inside the original birch wood was finished in a natural finish, and was finished of with RV furnishings. I towed the unit with a new Chevy dually. We never had a turn down with that rig, and the only problem with it, was that every time we stopped, a crowd would gather wanting to see the trailer.
gcsprayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am in favor of the discrimination rule. Most of the time, I think they'll let you in if they can see it's in good shape but the rule is there to keep junkers out. And, at the risk of sounding predjudiced- most of the people you'll see driving something that looks junky and seems to have alot of differred maint.- looks like they have the same issues as their rv's.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #50

pnwgirl sent you a pm
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I am in favor of the discrimination rule. Most of the time, I think they'll let you in if they can see it's in good shape but the rule is there to keep junkers out. And, at the risk of sounding predjudiced- most of the people you'll see driving something that looks junky and seems to have alot of differred maint.- looks like they have the same issues as their rv's.
I agree with that. You can be poor and proud. Just because you can't afford the biggest and best doesn,t mean it has to look like a rolling junk pile. I think the RV pretty much reflect the attitude of the owner. I have seen some very beautiful older Moterhomes and I have seen some ill kept newer ones. Just a thought after years of observing.
PS The same holds true with cars.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #52

My wife and I were planning a trip to Disneyland/ California Adventure(Anaheim), Sea World and The San Diego Zoo. While calling around to the RV resorts in San Diego the first two resorts told us nothing older than 10 years. We told them that we resently remodeled the whole motorhome and that it was in excellent shape. We asked if we could email photos of our motorhome. One place said don't bother because it won't matter anyways, the other said to that we could send pictures but they probably wouldn't change there mind anyways. WOW......I have been to some rv parks and my 27 year old motorhome is in better shape than some 5 year old motorhome. Lame!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #53

The reality of the situation is that some parks, and park owners don't want the "possible" or "perceived" issues that come with owners of older RV's. And sad to say it does make sense. One always sees older RV's that are trashed, have unorthodox modifications and repairs, and the people in them, well that's a story all its own. So sad to say it those riff raff have ruined it for some of us. I can understand the headache and problems for the park owners and why they impose the restrictions. No point in taking it personally. Just keep on traveling and you'll find somewhere to hang your hitch
As a vintage TT owner and a family of young kids to go with it, I fully understand some of the noise and other issues so I just chose where we go carefully to match us and our lifestyle. And honestly, we enjoy not being in crowded parks anyway. Its way more fun in the wilderness
Old 12-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #54

Pros and cons with or without restrictions. Older RVs can be nice with nice owners and newer RVs can be trashed with total jerk owners...
1 thing for sure if your in a park without the age limit....your most likely not going to have someone complain you built a camp fire that has smoke or that when you pop the top on that beer can it is too loud and annoying.
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's a good rule of thumb. If you can't tell if your RV looks bad,
IT DOES !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #56

We are stopped this week in a park with an age limit, sort of.

Nothing on the website states an age limit, but the park map with rules says it. Last rule on the list states
Quote:
Without prior approval of management any vehicle wich detracts from the intent, purpose and general appearance of the park is not allowed. This includes any RV unit over 10 years of age. Storage of any vechile in an RV lot or on the park street is prohibited.
There are several RV's here over 10 years, including mine. There is no junk laying around and there are several that look like fulltimers. The big propane tanks are a dead give away

It looks this rule is a more CYA thing than something set in stone. When we registered we pulled up in full view of the office. The person who checked us in did not ask us the age. She only looked out and asked "you need a pull through w/ 50A?"
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote