Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by scottrods62 View Post
I use to hear the solonoid click and now hear nothing,
Soounds strangely familiar. Let me start by asking a few questions.

If you press the STORE or OFF or Disconnect (Whatever it is called) do you hear the solenoid clunk? IF so then good, I know your problem.

Is it an INTELLETEC BATTERY CONTROL SYSTEM (If so this makes it easier since that is what I have)

Happened to me

Now what I did was way harder than it had to be, but then I did not know what I know now so I'll give you the easy way. (If you have an intelletec system, if not, well there is always the hard way).

Open the intelletec battery control center and you will find a number of fuses and other stuff in there.. Find the fuse for the disconnect control switch (HINT IT is a 5 amp one) and pull it, Now when you operate the switch either way there will be no response from the solenoid.

Now operate the switch, perhaps 50 times, both ways

Replace the fuse and see if it now works.

Hard way... Remove and disconnect the switch.. Then operate it as above and replace.

Why this works: Switch is dirty, Switch is also self cleaning, Cycling it without power causes the contacts to clean themselves. Cycling it WITH power won't do that cuse they dirty up from arcing as you press.

IF this does not work: On the intelletec there are 4 pads on the left side about 1/3 the way down on the circuit board inside that panel

Two Tabs, and two pads.. Using a test lamp or volt meter (I like lamps) hook the ground clip to one of the tabs and touch the tip (or positive lead on a digital meter) to the pad next to it,, Have partner cycle switch both ways, You should see light either way or positive voltage one way and negative the other.. IF not, try the other pair,, IF still not you have more serious issues. (Broken wire or completly fried switch).

Finally, if the solenoid does now work EITHER direction: Might be the aforementioned fuse.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Thanks for all the help fella's,And sorry I have not been back on here in awhile.

It was my dash switch is junk,

Thanks again for all the tech tips ,they were very helpful!!

scottrods62 is offline   Reply With Quote

battery, power