Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Salutations fellow Vintage owners! I am the proud owner of a 1974 KIT 11' Slide in Camper and have been trying to trackdown other owners of KIT products manufactured in the same era. KIT used a G.E. brand Ammonia Absorption fridge in their older units that works great, but really needs to have the whole burner stack disassembled and cleaned, its highly unlike its ever been done. However, the camper had gone through several owners prior to me and the only documentation I have is for the newer Suburban Propane Furnace that was installed to replace the clunky old Duo-Therm mechanical that was in it orginally.

If there are any other fellow KIT Camper or other KIT brand RV owners in the forum, please contact me, I'd love to try and get copies of some of the original documentation.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Salutations fellow Vintage owners! I am the proud owner of a 1974 KIT 11' Slide in Camper and have been trying to trackdown other owners of KIT products manufactured in the same era. KIT used a G.E. brand Ammonia Absorption fridge in their older units that works great, but really needs to have the whole burner stack disassembled and cleaned, its highly unlike its ever been done. However, the camper had gone through several owners prior to me and the only documentation I have is for the newer Suburban Propane Furnace that was installed to replace the clunky old Duo-Therm mechanical that was in it orginally.

If there are any other fellow KIT Camper or other KIT brand RV owners in the forum, please contact me, I'd love to try and get copies of some of the original documentation.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
McKenize,
Interesting to hear about your Kit Kamper, was it made at the Kit plant in Nampa, Idaho? I live in Meridian, Idaho and I repair staple & nail guns for Senco and vist the Kit Plant (now called Extreme RV) in Nampa to repair their Senco staplers. The main office has many plaques, pictures, and other related things on the walls of the lobby. Their buildings still have the work Kit on them although they are faded.

Ron
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
It indeed was. It was an Idaho unit originally, the manufacturer cert tags for both states are on it, the Oregon ones showing that they had been added almost as an after thought. The lack of an exterior license plate holder is another sign, that and the fact that its old enough to have a black and white colored Oregon RV plate.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Joseph,
I copied the pictures of your Kamper and will be going to Nampa tomorrow, Aug 3rd. Do you mind if I show them to the guys in the main office? I won't allow them to post them or use them unless they get your permission but it would be nice to show them. It's a nice rig.
Ron
Old 08-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Go right ahead, tell them if they have any owners manuals around for them still, let me know, I have ZERO manuals, I don't know how many owners back they were lost.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Joesph,

Why don't you contact me via my email address, milham1@msn.com, and I will get your home address and forward a copy of a brochure I got from Kit (Extreme RV) this morning. Isn't much but they aren't organized and apparently they have lots of stuff around but not sure where most of it is stored.

Ron
Old 08-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Next time I'm in Idaho, I may have to make a detour towards the factory. Its funny as the place is on "KIT" road.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ron, did you get the email?
Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Joseph,
Been busy and just got back to the IRV2 website to check the posts. I'm very careful opening email from people I don't recognize and I might have deleted it........sorry. Would you please put "Kit Kamper" in the subject line so I will know who it is. Just a double check on my email address: milham1@msn.com

Ron