Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #1

Septic Hose Repair

I need to replace the hose located in the plastic housing mounted to the undercarriage of the coach. This is the short hose section I would connect my 15' septic hose to that is used to place in the sewage connection in ground or at a dump station.

Today when pulling this short section out the hose split and due to the age of the coach Im sure needs replacing. What does the inside connect to and how do you get to it since its inside the plastic housing?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Pictures here would help, to me what you describe is added on (home made) where are the dump valves you pull to dump? That short hose you talk about must be hooked up right by the dump valves. Does the short hose that needs replaced go out of the water bay compartment and under the coach into this plastic housing?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #3

Yes, unfortunately I'm not at the coach I left it behind at a CG and drove my toad home for the weekend. But yes the flexible hose must attach to a Y fitting up where the release valves are, then is placed into a PVC jacket if you will that is attached to the undercarriage. That "jacket" the flexible hose runs through swivels underneath the coach.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a similar setup on my 04 Coachman. I bought a 4' hose exstention and took the end off so I could feed it thru that PVC swiveling pipe, attached the end to the Y fitting at the dump valves. Then I cut the excess of the flex hose off so I could leave this hose attached due to it being so hard to remove and install. I then reinstalled the coupling so I can connect the long flex hose to the sewer.
Hope this helps. One other note, I used the thickest flex hose I could find. It is one of the hoses that have red ends. I think it is Rhino hose but not sure.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
I have a similar setup on my 04 Coachman. I bought a 4' hose exstention and took the end off so I could feed it thru that PVC swiveling pipe, attached the end to the Y fitting at the dump valves. Then I cut the excess of the flex hose off so I could leave this hose attached due to it being so hard to remove and install. I then reinstalled the coupling so I can connect the long flex hose to the sewer.
Hope this helps. One other note, I used the thickest flex hose I could find. It is one of the hoses that have red ends. I think it is Rhino hose but not sure.
Good to go, worked exactly as described. I wasn't at my coach when I initiated the blog. Once I got back to the coach today and could look at it the process of feeding a new hose up into the housing was rather simple.

Tags
repair