Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
shocks for 1980 class a Motorhome

I can't seem to find someone who knows the right shocks to get. I'm being my two front ones bad. Its a p30 chassis I believe (though I'm just basing that off of the various discussions I've heard on here). I'm not sure how to know for sure. I keep looking online and finding the p30 referred to as standard van or converted van, but this unit is 31 ft long so its definitely not what I would consider a standard van.
So can anyone help me get a shock that would work. The front is around 5000 fully loaded.
Lokahi117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you have the Chevy 454 engine? Then its a P30 chassis. In parts lists, choose "Standard" if they don't have a separate RV listing. We buy shocks here

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

The van they are referring to is the StepVan, like the UPS brown delivery truck that comes to your (my) house.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #4

Bilstein shocks

If you are looking for shocks and you plan to keep the coach for a while, and enjoy driving a well handling vehicle, look at Bilstein. Yea, they are a good bit more but worth it:

eshocks.com: 24-011730

Here are some additional choices for a bit less:

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index....cted_year=1989
shimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #5

at the bottom of the shock there are manufacture numbers clean off the shock and get the numbers .
go to napa and they will hook you up .
f1100turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, shocks