Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #1

Show me your interior please!

The wife and I are planning the rebuild of our 66. I have many ideas as does she. But I am curious what others have done to modify. Please share!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute as everything I'm doing is basically cosmetic and right now it's a shambles. If you're gutting it, however, you can do pretty much whatever you want to do. Of course, you have to consider outside access to things like the fridge/hot water heater/furnace, etc. But, outside of that, you can do what makes "you all" happy. I'd probably keep weight in mind as I went. Anything you'd think about building with a 2x4 might need built with a 1x2 (if you can get away with it. It'll be a blast and keep us posted on the progress.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #3

Anyone done hardwood floors?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #4

I believe the new flooring in my (new to me) Luxury Liner uses adhesive. Previous owner installed it and it is definitely thin, and definitely wood, though is makes that (screek) sound when you walk on it, like the adhesive didn't cure right.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The PO used laminate in his version of a remodel of mine. He installed it floating, just like you do in the house and used quarter round on the outside edges. If you go either hardwood or laminate, just remember to allow room for expansion and contraction and the RV floor will have more movement than the house. Lots of people install it and it looks nice. Probably the most common "RV upgrade".
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #6

73 brAVE Back to the Retro! just took out the dinnet table/benches.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #7

If your looking for motivation there are a couple of examples of renovations that you can look over at DIY RV.

1986 Toyota Dolphin RV Remodel - Whats Old is New Again
and
DIY'er Completes Dozens of RV Renovations on his 2000 Lance 810

Each of them have a ton of mods and upgrades.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #8

Just sharing a before and after picture of our Endeavor's interior. The cabinets were already in good shape, so no need to update anything there. The furniture needed redone for sure, so we had that reupholstered... except for the captains chairs up front which are adequate for now. While I had the furniture out I also tore up all the old flooring from the kitchen forward and replaced it with engineered hardwood that we had left over from reflooring our house. I did leave a little carpet up front over the generator hump and beneath the driver's pedals... things are a little multicolored inside, but the little rug on the floor seems to pull all the colors together, and for our first RV this setup suits us just fine. As soon as the weather breaks, I'll start getting the outside shined up... the seam above the storage compartments needs repaired, and the the whole thing needs a good wax job.

It's really not bad for a nearly 20 year old RV...

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	33925   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0205.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	33926  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0206.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	33927  
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #9

nice upgrades piker..how long did it take you to do finish the remod? any link u have on the furniture? I want to add a couple relclining chairs in replace of the dinnet table i removed (pic above)..but i dont have 100s of dollars to spend on one recliner.and i want two.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
nice upgrades piker..how long did it take you to do finish the remod? any link u have on the furniture? I want to add a couple relclining chairs in replace of the dinnet table i removed (pic above)..but i dont have 100s of dollars to spend on one recliner.and i want two.
It didn't take too long... the furniture came out in an afternoon. Tearing up the old hardwood and carpet took a few evenings, as did laying the new floor (just a floating type installation - no glue/mastic). Putting the furniture back in was as easy as taking it out. I'd say it must have taken 2 or 3 weeks of working evenings here and there to complete everything. Putting the flooring up the steps and trimming them out with aluminum angle took the most time.

The furniture is the original stuff recovered by a local guy who does upholstery, so there are no links I can give you. I do know that the little chair in our photos runs around $500 new... the couch around $1200, and the dinette pillows maybe $300 give or take... we spent $1200 for the reupholster job which included new foam, so we saved quite a bit of money over new and the guy did a fabulous job - no regrets.

cheers
Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #11

ya piker looks great, altho im not that rich to upgrade like that,Ill prolly go more for opted for a couple recliners that i can find from garage sales or something, so long as i can squeeze them, threw the little and only door on the rv.ha. but i am concerned about the room and design since my wheel well is kinda in the way..but im sure ill figure something out. keep up the good work.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
ya piker looks great, altho im not that rich to upgrade like that,Ill prolly go more for opted for a couple recliners that i can find from garage sales or something, so long as i can squeeze them, threw the little and only door on the rv.ha. but i am concerned about the room and design since my wheel well is kinda in the way..but im sure ill figure something out. keep up the good work.
Well, the definition of "rich" is relative I guess. The most important thing is to be content with what you have, regardless of how much or how little. Not always easy though...

We had originally thought about replacing that little chair with a recliner from a discount furniture store, but most of the regular household furniture was too big to fit comfortably in it's space... not to mention bolting it down would be something of a project by itself. In the end, it made sense for us to refurbish the old stuff, and we're glad we did... that little chair is our favorite.

I'm sure you'll come up with something that works for you. Good luck.

cheers
Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #13

agreed and I diddnt mean to step on any toes by the "rich" comment. youd have to read my post ihavent posted yet to understand where i come from on that word. but basically Im super poor right now, so anything above creating it myself is out of the question. but with a little imagination and u guys help.ill figure it out
Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great job, Piker. Just a smidge here and there made a world of difference in your coach. I like the color choice too.