Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #57

I converted my '88 Itasca over to 134a and it actually works better than when it had R-12 in it! I replaced all the rubber lines with the new line with the barrier sleeve in it, all the o-rings, new expansion valve and drier. I had cleaned the condensor fins when I replaced the radiator and wired the auxillary electric fans to come on with the a/c and if the engine is over 190'.
Freeze 12 requires a card to buy here the same as R-12. I have a card but the 134a only costs me about $6 a can. R-12 and Freeze 12 are more money and availability is not real good here.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #58

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Just so everyone's aware, you must change the type and amount of oil when switching to 134a..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #59

I did that also, just forgot to list it.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #60

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadman View Post
I did that also, just forgot to list it.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
it appears the folks who are selling the last motor home hubby wanted to look at have not gotten back with us...so we never went to see it and the 'do or die' time limit ran out today. Seems like fate, the gods, reciprocity, or something wants us to have her. Perhaps the Honey just likes us well enough to want to be ours and Hubby will be getting her fixed up. Thats fine by me... she will be my toy and I like her well enough to be happy with her.
Will be looking for some red max pro # 3 sometime this summer,
getting the drawers taken care of,
testing the generator,
and fixing the toilet tubing dribble which runs into the shower drain when the pump runs.

Next Question!
The over the windows area in the cab have plastic disks with the teeth part of Velcro on them. I am guessing this was for curtains of some type once upon a time. They are stapled with brads or something into the vinyl or what ever the cabover area is covered in.
Does anyone still have a system like this and what would the Velcro part on the curtain look like that attaches to the cab?

I'll see if I can get a picture. Tomorrow.

There is also a hook dead center between the cab and back area that looks like someone may have had a dowel rod they made a curtain for and hung there.
What was common in 1988? I'd like to stay true to what might have been in there.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #62

Ford Super Duty Owner
If it was like our old RV there were two sets of white privacy curtains that went around the windshield area and also covered the door windows. They met in the center of the windshield.

We also had two off white curtains that met in the middle and hung right behind the driver and passenger seat from about the floor to the headliner that keep the cool air up front so the cab A/C would not have to try and cool the whole inside of the RV.
They had kind of a rubber backing.

Booth sets of curtains had round push on snaps that held the curtains in place.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote