Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #15

insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerpro View Post
Looks great! You'll be done before I get started. What type of insulation did you decide on in the walls?
Went with 1 inch styrafoam will foil( foil faces inside to keep out moisture and retain indoor temp) Purchased it from a local lumber yard, pretty cheap. Easy to work with and when you get to the ceiling, they just snap right in if you measure correctly. I have left a few spots open since I still need to work on the roof vents.
Good luck!
Can you send me some pics??
made2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks good so far, I look forward to seeing more pictures
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #17

SO, since you're already insulating the walls and ceilings, did you get the outer skin dents and dings taken care of?
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #18

I think I have to re-size my pics to post them here. I have put some up on a Spartan Group on Facebook. I haven't done anything to it yet. Promised wife that I would complete some other projects before starting this one. Do you post on Spartan group on Yahoo? Rob
Linerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerpro View Post
I think I have to re-size my pics to post them here. I have put some up on a Spartan Group on Facebook. I haven't done anything to it yet. Promised wife that I would complete some other projects before starting this one. Do you post on Spartan group on Yahoo? Rob
I do not.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #20

dents and dings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
SO, since you're already insulating the walls and ceilings, did you get the outer skin dents and dings taken care of?
She is scheduled to have those removed soon. I have left those areas open to be fixed.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2care View Post
I do not.

I have found that forum to be a wealth of information. Several professional restoration guys post pics and info. Lots of good links.
Linerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2care View Post
She is scheduled to have those removed soon. I have left those areas open to be fixed.
I'll be interested in seeing the finished result of that bodywork - aluminum can be a bear to work with if leaving a nice exterior finish that looks OEM is a priority

Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #23

Looks like you will have a rig to be proud of when you are finished. I'm sure it will turn some heads when you travel!
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote